• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Injustice: Sinestro and Hawkgirl confirmed to be playable characters

The only acceptable Batfamily additions at this point would be Red Hood, or Damian.

Maybe Red Robin, but only if he goes back to the cowl.

Damian would be great, but I don't know if the ESRB would be super into a bunch of grown men beating the shit out of a 10-year-old boy.

I really want to see someone like Big Barda get in, but I don't know if I can handle seeing Netherrealm butcher Kirby designs.

Khezu

Are there announcement trailers for them? Where did those gifs come from?

The gifs are basically all the gameplay in the video.

We will get actual gameplay of them Friday.
Superman vs Sinestro and Green Arrow vs Hawkgirl.
They do these weirdly edited "fights" every Friday until the games release. They are basically just marketing friendly combo videos then actual legit gameplay though.

Chindogg

No more Bats, more Lanterns. And some Flash villains FFS. He has an actual Rogue's Gallery and no one thinks to add any of them?

tajd

Banned
Hawkgirl design is good..

ibq1qMjfOUh4nM.gif

I really like it.

please be voice by María Canals Barrera from the orginal JL & JLU shes awesome

I'll consider this game only if it has The Question

Question_34.jpg

but Charlie is dead...?

He's still alive, but is working on something and so is hiding.

yay!

Alot of standard DC costumes are awful.

like this opinion.

This.

Best martial artist in the DC universe + Fighting game = obvious.

I also felt Iron Fist's omission in any type of Marvel fighting game was a crime against nature.

uh Connor Hawke is/was the best martial artist (at least pre Nu52)

I'm so happy that this game has at least 2/3 of the characters I want. I wanted either Robin or Nightwing and Nightwing appears, I wanted any Teen Titan and Cyborg appears, and finally the one I didn't get but is happy regardless is Static Shock. Static Shock was my #1 wanted character but like I said I'm happy enough with 2/3 of my characters.

I do have to say that I'm not all that joyful to see Hawkgirl and Sinestro because i'm not big fans of either, but I'm already set for characters i like so I'm not disheartened. Now I'm just hoping that the game gets a little more polish before release because something about those graphics mess with me.

Could someone maybe post me a link for rumored characters, or tell me where they find the characters they put in the game from. I know their's an Injustice comic book so are they getting characters solely from this comic book, or are they just selecting random DC characters and referencing it? I've asked this question before but it was solely on if Aquaman was in that comic, this time I'm asking if every one of these characters are from the comic.

To summarize, if a DC hero or villain isn't in that Injustice comic can they appear in this game?

P.S. I haven't read the comic but hope to in the future.

TDLink

Could someone maybe post me a link for rumored characters, or tell me where they find the characters they put in the game from. I know their's an Injustice comic book so are they getting characters solely from this comic book, or are they just selecting random DC characters and referencing it? I've asked this question before but it was solely on if Aquaman was in that comic, this time I'm asking if every one of these characters are from the comic.

To summarize, if a DC hero or villain isn't in that Injustice comic can they appear in this game?

P.S. I haven't read the comic but hope to in the future.

We know there will be more than 24 in the base game. My bet is on 28 or 30.

Here is where the roster stands right now:

Characters traditionally Heroes
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Aquaman
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Shazam/Captain Marvel
Hawkgirl

Characters traditionally Villains
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro
Doomsday (Probably Playable, Definitely Fightable)

Characters Probably In Via Magazine Leaks (Shazam, Sinestro, and Aquaman all previously part of this same leak)
Raven
Black Adam
Ares

So far that means we know 20 characters for sure, probably 23.

Others highly rumoured include Captain Cold, Martian Manhunter, and Damian Wayne.

Other, less solid, possibilities are Gorilla Grodd, Ocean Master and Dr. Fate.

DLC is also confirmed for this game.

Not all of these characters have appeared in the comic and I doubt all of them will. However, all of the characters in the comic have thus far been confirmed for the game other than Lois Lane (who isn't a superhero) and Damian Wayne (which is partially why he is "highly rumoured").

The characters not-yet-confirmed that I personally still want to see are Static, Dr. Fate, Martian Manhunter, and Booster Gold.

I would be pretty surprised if all the characters didn't have a ton of costumes. I expect this game to have DLC out the ass. Just because we have only seen 5 from Batman so far doesn't mean the others don't have that many too.

I very much doubt it. Batman has more characters that are recognised by the mainstream audience, so it's only natural that it has more representation. The same was true of Mortal Kombat vs. DC, which had 3 Batman characters (Batman, Joker, and Catwoman). The most any other DC franchise had was 2, which was Superman (Superman and Lex Luthor).

TDLink

I very much doubt it. Batman has more characters that are recognised by the mainstream audience, so it's only natural that it has more representation. The same was true of Mortal Kombat vs. DC, which had 3 Batman characters (Batman, Joker, and Catwoman). The most any other DC franchise had was 2, which was Superman (Superman and Lex Luthor).

I was talking about costumes, not characters. I agree no other franchise will get that many reps in this game. All I was saying is that they will probably keep the costume count the same per character. We have seen 5 costumes from Batman, 2 from most everyone else, and 3 or 4 from a couple others. If Batman has 5 I am betting all the characters will end up having at least that many as well. That's all I was saying.

Khezu

If a Batgirl got in, it would be Babs and you all know it.

Cass is gone, she was retconned out of existence, and they even put in fail safes for her not to appear, by deaging her mom.

If David ever shows up in the nu52, his backstory will probably involve him getting shot in the dick at 12 and never being able to have kids.

We know there will be more than 24 in the base game. My bet is on 28 or 30.

Here is where the roster stands right now:

Characters traditionally Heroes
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Aquaman
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Shazam/Captain Marvel
Hawkgirl

Characters traditionally Villains
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro
Doomsday (Probably Playable, Definitely Fightable)

Characters Probably In Via Magazine Leaks (Shazam, Sinestro, and Aquaman all previously part of this same leak)
Raven
Black Adam
Ares

So far that means we know 20 characters for sure, probably 23.

Others highly rumoured include Captain Cold, Martian Manhunter, and Damian Wayne.

Other, less solid, possibilities are Gorilla Grodd, Ocean Master and Dr. Fate.

DLC is also confirmed for this game.

Not all of these characters have appeared in the comic and I doubt all of them will. However, all of the characters in the comic have thus far been confirmed for the game other than Lois Lane (who isn't a superhero) and Damian Wayne (which is partially why he is "highly rumoured").

The characters not-yet-confirmed that I personally still want to see are Static, Dr. Fate, Martian Manhunter, and Booster Gold.

Thanks, now I'll know what everyone is actually talking about now. Also its always good to see a fellow Static supporter, I mostly like him because i watched his cartoon a ton a long time ago. The theme song still rattles in my brain.

The game looks so good

but it makes me notice how much I don't care about DC characters outside of the staples

I think that goes for most people, which is why the roster is so "safe." As much as we could hope for oddball picks like Agent 355 or Dex-Starr to be in this game, it'll sadly never happen

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The game looks so good

but it makes me notice how much I don't care about DC characters outside of the staples

Which is a shame, because so many of DC's characters are awesome. DC has just done a piss poor job of making them accessible outside of comics.

Glad to see Sinestro is in. I wonder if they'll add any other Lanterns to the game, like Guy or Kyle.

J-Tier

I think that goes for most people, which is why the roster is so "safe." As much as we could hope for oddball picks like Agent 355 or Dex-Starr to be in this game, it'll sadly never happen

That's why we have so many Bats. People complain about it, but it's a fact that the Bat-family and rogue's gallery sells and are the most recognizable to the masses outside of Supes (and that's just Supes, ask them, the "casuals," to name any other character from his particular "world", and you'd be taxed to find them name anyone besides Lex-- if that).

Also, I'm surprised to find so many people ragging on Hawkgirl. She was a founding member in the JLU animated series, and she's so aesthetically different. I really value characters who stand out from the cast aesthetically, and Hawkgirl with her wings make her REALLY stand out. I'm just hoping they're animated realistically and not static like the wings from the Tekken series.

Which is a shame, because so many of DC's characters are awesome. DC has just done a piss poor job of making them accessible outside of comics.

Glad to see Sinestro is in. I wonder if they'll add any other Lanterns to the game, like Guy or Kyle.

I'd personally like to see more lanterns from the other corps. Like Atrocitus or maybe even Saintwalker.

watership

Hawkgirls costume is seriously awful

in fact, alot of the costume designs in the game are awful.

Ayup. I'm a fan of simplicity, especially in DC superheroes. Adding complexity in their designs has never gone over well.

Imagine a Bruce Timm (Timverse) design aesthetic instead? Yes. Yes I can.

Ayup. I'm a fan of simplicity, especially in DC superheroes. Adding complexity in their designs has never gone over well.

Imagine a Bruce Timm (Timverse) design aesthetic instead? Yes. Yes I can.

I understand why they went for the Armored designs given the story, but they did kinda overdo it. Is there a such thing as over-design?

On the flip side, I wouldn't want Timm's design for a game. They are a bit too clean for what NS is going for. And tbh, I don't think his style translates to 3D that well.

*still thinks the recent Green Lantern show looks kinda off*

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Not sure why this game exists. The character costumes are ugly and some characters are way overpowered like superman. DC should have went to Namco or Capcom to make a licensed fighting game

The Light

Not sure why this game exists. The character costumes are ugly and some characters are way overpowered like superman. DC should have went to Namco or Capcom to make a licensed fighting game

How can you call a character overpowered when there has been barely any footage of said character and the game isn't even out yet.

Top Bottom