• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Injustice: Sinestro and Hawkgirl confirmed to be playable characters

Acrylic7

Halwkgirl is One of my Top 3 DC hero's so this is good news. Stll not going to buy it though :s

1 Static
2 Hawkgirl
3 Question
4 Vigilante
5 Bats?

If a Batgirl got in, it would be Babs and you all know it.

Cass is gone, she was retconned out of existence, and they even put in fail safes for her not to appear, by deaging her mom.

If David ever shows up in the nu52, his backstory will probably involve him getting shot in the dick at 12 and never being able to have kids.

her mom doesn't have to be Shiva. who her mother is wouldn't really matter in teh long run. maybe in Nu52 you can make Shiva her sister or something. there's been worse stuff done before....

The game looks so good

but it makes me notice how much I don't care about DC characters outside of the staples

well here's your chance to remedy that and get to know some of the other good characters.

Doomsday sucks though.

Doomsday doesn't "suck" per se, all he is there for is to be a force of nature and destruction. the character fits that very well.

Ayup. I'm a fan of simplicity, especially in DC superheroes. Adding complexity in their designs has never gone over well.

Imagine a Bruce Timm (Timverse) design aesthetic instead? Yes. Yes I can.

the Flash custome in particualr is WAAAAY too busy.

Not sure why this game exists. The character costumes are ugly and some characters are way overpowered like superman. DC should have went to Namco or Capcom to make a licensed fighting game

not this again.

Riposte

Roster is very "safe" when compared to something like Marvel vs Capcom 3. That could just be because DC is struggling with their world-building (nu52 was an unnecessary nuke). In any case, as a comic book (or Capcom) fan this game simply doesn't rank against MvC3 in terms of fan service based on what I've seen of alt costumes.

uh Connor Hawke is/was the best martial artist (at least pre Nu52)

Didn't they spar once? I forget the end result. I also don't think they've ever properly rank the characters.

Also Karate Kid doesn't count lol.

vg260

Not sure why this game exists. The character costumes are ugly and some characters are way overpowered like superman. DC should have went to Namco or Capcom to make a licensed fighting game

WB is the parent company of DC Comics and owns Netherrealm. That wouldn't make any sense for them.

TDLink

Roster is very "safe" when compared to something like Marvel vs Capcom 3. That could just be because DC is struggling with their world-building (nu52 was an unnecessary nuke). In any case, as a comic book (or Capcom) fan this game simply doesn't rank against MvC3 in terms of fan service based on what I've seen of alt costumes.

What are you talking about? This game is already way way better in that regard. At least 5 (probably more) alternate costumes per character. At least 2 (probably 3) unlockable in-game before DLC. Some from different comic arcs and/or referencing other characters. Possibility of alt "character" costumes with different voices like in MK.

That is all way way better than MvC3's colour swaps with 1 real alternate costume you paid for.

Tizoc

For reference, here's an image that shows the announced cast of characters:
UgGT45H.jpg

TreIII

I'd personally like to see more lanterns from the other corps. Like Atrocitus or maybe even Saintwalker.

Again...so much this.

Especially Atrocitus, who seems like the kind of character that NRS could do so much with!

That said, I wouldn't mind the Saint or Fleezey, either. But I doubt DC will give us everything we want in this game when that's what sequels are for.

Khezu

Again...so much this.

Especially Atrocitus, who seems like the kind of character that NRS could do so much with!

That said, I wouldn't mind the Saint or Fleezey, either. But I doubt DC will give us everything we want in this game when that's what sequels are for.

I would give anything for a fighting game that focused purely on Green Lantern, so many awesome characters, and every single character is a blank slate, you can do anything with any of them.

I personally wanted Karu sil in over Sinestro, but that would never happen. I think NRS would like her, she is basically Mileena with a power ring.

I'm seriously happy that there's 3 Static supporters here. He's my favorite DC superhero because the cartoon really made me like him and because he has a pretty neat past story. I can't even say how happy I was to see him on Young Justice. I know he definitely won't make it into the game but if they still support the game and ask fans for DLC supereheroes, then I know who I'm gonna pick.
tumblr_mhnr3xBzkr1rkz9b7o1_500.gif

Back on topic I never really paid attention to the costumes but after taking a good look at them thy're not all that great. The only one's I can say I like are Joker, Nightwing, and Superman mostly because they look the same as their original costumes.

Khezu

Damian looks about 13 in the comic, and the game takes place 5 years later, well parts of it, so he would be 18 by then maybe.

I'm personally of the opinion that an aged up Damian takes on the Nightwing mantle, since we know Damian sides with Sups and Dick sides with Batman, and this clip, NW is randomly fighting GA who is on Bats side.
iXazcdOg8mWUx.gif

CV: Will this digital comic be used to confirm any new characters for the video game? After all, I did see Damian Wayne on a solicitation cover...

TT: Yes, a lot of characters will come through the pages of Injustice. We’re working very carefully and closely with NetherRealm to make sure we don’t spoil any of the game’s big announcements. However, just because someone appears in our series, it doesn’t mean they’ll survive it. I guess what I’m saying is, don’t get too attached to anyone.

From Tom Taylor's most recent interview with ComicVine. Based on this interview and the media coverage leading in to the events of
Batman, Inc. #8
, I don't expect Damien Wayne to be playable, or to make a cameo/appearance. I could be wrong though. No one knows for sure.

TDLink

I'm seriously happy that there's 3 Static supporters here. He's my favorite DC superhero because the cartoon really made me like him and because he has a pretty neat past story. I can't even say how happy I was to see him on Young Justice. I know he definitely won't make it into the game but if they still support the game and ask fans for DLC supereheroes, then I know who I'm gonna pick.
tumblr_mhnr3xBzkr1rkz9b7o1_500.gif

Back on topic I never really paid attention to the costumes but after taking a good look at them thy're not all that great. The only one's I can say I like are Joker, Nightwing, and Superman mostly because they look the same as their original costumes.

I like the sound of this. If NetherRealm really opens up future DLC to fan vote/demand we need to make Static happen. He would be so sick in this game.

From Tom Taylor's most recent interview with ComicVine. Based on this interview and the media coverage leading in to the events of
Batman, Inc. #8
, I don't expect Damien Wayne to be playable, or to make a cameo/appearance. I could be wrong though. No one knows for sure.

That's an interesting way to put it. He could have easily said just not to count on every character featured in the comic being in the game. Things must be getting pretty dire in the prequel.

Whats with all the armour? Spandex a dirty word now? and please put Plastic Man and Gorilla Grodd

I like the sound of this. If NetherRealm really opens up future DLC to fan vote/demand we need to make Static happen. He would be so sick in this game.

Static and Plastic Man are 2 of my most wanted superheroes in this game right now. Like I said before though 2/3 of my wanted characters are already in so this won't make or break the game for me.

benz

Neo Member
these comicbook based fighting games needs seriously be guided artistically and directed by a comic book artist like adam hughes. Ah!`s hawkgirl is one of the most beautiful women of the dc universe.

Platy

The gifs are basically all the gameplay in the video.

We will get actual gameplay of them Friday.
Superman vs Sinestro and Green Arrow vs Hawkgirl.
They do these weirdly edited "fights" every Friday until the games release. They are basically just marketing friendly combo videos then actual legit gameplay though.

Are the lanterns powers considered magic in DC comics universe ?

TDLink

No. Sinestro would be dunked hard if this was going by actual power levels. Since it's based on popularity instead...he'll probably still lose(unfortunately).

TreIII

No. Sinestro would be dunked hard if this was going by actual power levels. Since it's based on popularity instead...he'll probably still lose(unfortunately).

This is an aside, but wouldn't Alan Scott's ring be considered "magic" in this case?

I mean, fat chance that they'll give Earth-2 any love besides possibly Power Girl, but I always had a soft spot for Alan. Even his newest version has grown me a tad.

Khezu

This is an aside, but wouldn't Alan Scott's ring be considered "magic" in this case?

I mean, fat chance that they'll give Earth-2 any love besides possibly Power Girl, but I always had a soft spot for Alan. Even his newest version has grown me a tad.

Ya the Starheart is straight up magic.
Not sure if it is in Earth 2, I haven't kept up with comics the last few years.

Ryce

I'm hoping we see at least one "unconventional" character in the vein of Rocket Raccoon, Amaterasu, and Shuma-Gorath; a roster full of normal-sized humanoid characters in a licensed fighter is boring. (Mr. Mxyzptlk plz!)

Platy

I'm hoping we see at least one "unconventional" character in the vein of Rocket Raccoon, Amaterasu, and Shuma-Gorath; a roster full of normal-sized humanoid characters in a licensed fighter is boring. (Mr. Mxyzptlk plz!)

Mr. Mxyzptlk on top of Bat Mite would be awesome xD

Chindogg

Only the Alan Scott Green Lantern is magic based. Everyone else is based emotional elemental energies.

On a side note: I've often wondered why NRS just hasn't used the Noob Saibot models, turned them orange, and made Larfleeze.

TDLink

True.

Curious as to when we will get more characters revealed I expected them to be revealed with this but we have 3 weeks or so left right?

We have 6 weeks left until the game releases after this one. What they do next week should be a good indication on how they will handle character reveals going forward since we have gotten what we will get out of the Battle Arena.

With at least 6 reveals to go (probably) I am guessing we will get at least 1 new character per week...or at least that would make the most sense.

I am pegging the game to have 28 or 30 characters so that would still leave a few officially unrevealed when the game is actually out.

KevinCow

Banned

Well we do have big characters like Grundy and Bane. That's at least a step forward for NRS.

Top Bottom