• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 has sold ~1.5 million worldwide, F2P downloads over 3.5 million

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good news. I hope we get a fully next gen DOA6 one day. DOA5 on PS4 is nice, but its obviously a PS3 game when you look at it

As much as I hate the amount of DLC for it, the game is an amazing fighter. I wish people would look beyond the T&A and realise how great it is.

Video game asses aren't that good, though. Unless you're playing Korean MMOs. Don't know why others devs don't put in as much effort.

Platinum! But yeah, Korean MMOs are on another level. Sadly, I don't play them.

Griss

Update: Digital download for f2p version has now exceeded 4 million.

Surprised it's not more, as
a) It's bloody free;
b) It's a damn good game; and
c) It's a fantastic implementation of F2P, and the free version is worth playing by itself without spending a penny. No waiting, no energy meters, no nothing.

Nesther

Just bought LR! It's on sale on EU PSN, so I thought I'd give it a whirl considering all the DOAX news recently.

I'm assuming it's more of the same right? I played the base version of DoA5 on PS3 years ago.

Arklite

What is the best version of this game? I think I have the original release on PS3 but I never really got into it.

PS4/Xbox. The PC version is OK, but it's built from an older version (missing particle effects), has its online in beta state, and doesn't have all DLC available.

Namikaze

What is the best version of this game? I think I have the original release on PS3 but I never really got into it.

The PS4 version. Full 1080p60 with no frame rate drops or dynamic resolution issues + the option of buying all the DLC released so far + decent net code.

Griss

How come I can never find any one to play with then :(

Their ranked matchmaking code has been utterly hopeless from the very start in 2012 and has never really improved.

To get a game online you need to start or join a lobby. Sad, but that's pretty much how it is. If you train or play single player modes with 'invites' set to on then every so often you'll get invited to a ranked match. Works better for me than the actual ranked matchmaking, tbh.

Soltype

They really tried to better their product, and it shows.The character models are also out of this world, the women are legit gorgeous.

Top Bottom