• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone know how long the free trial lasts on Xbox One?

If it's like Core Fighters on PS3 (which it should be, that's what they're advertising it as): Forever.

The only thing is, you can "rotate" the non-4 Ninja Characters once a week or once a month but you don't keep the non-4 ninja characters unless you buy them.

I plan on picking this up when I get off later today. Hopefully the snow hasn't closed the store for the day.

Feel free to add me on psn: ParadoxyMoron

I'm a noob at fighting games and decided to use this to finally get a good grasp on the community.

Azuardo

Still no update for 5U to LR on PS3 in UK.

Guess we gotta wait for our store update tomorrow? Sucks.

Here's a good tips guide for those new to Command Training, and don't know how to activate certain move prerequisites/stances that lead into other moves.

Since it was written for vanilla DOA5, though, no info for the newer characters from 5U or LR, but it still helps: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5/64373719

We also have a list of GAF online IDs, if you quote this post. Share yours and add others. Just don't post the direct link here to stop lurkers adding to it.

Eolz

Or they linked it to the official release dates (Feb17th in NA, 19th in JP, 20th in EU), which would suck even more.

mdsfx

Any word on arcade stick compatibility? Heard the Madcatz TE2 didn't work with this game. Not sure about the Hori Hayabusa...

I ordered the ps4 version, won't get here until Thursday

Will I need to be doing alot of unlocking? I had most in game stuff unlocked on doa5 vanilla on ps3, not sure if that transfers or if it's like other ultra editions where you get every piece of in game stuff unlocked automatically

How much $$ are we talking here to get all the costumes too? I had bought some packs back in the day but I'm pretty sure everything I bought is shipping with the new version

Eolz

I ordered the ps4 version, won't get here until Thursday

Will I need to be doing alot of unlocking? I had most in game stuff unlocked on doa5 vanilla on ps3, not sure if that transfers or if it's like other ultra editions where you get every piece of in game stuff unlocked automatically

How much $$ are we talking here to get all the costumes too? I had bought some packs back in the day but I'm pretty sure everything I bought is shipping with the new version

1) depends what you call "a lot". Apart from the first 2 costumes, everything is locked for characters, and you unlock those either by playing online, or by one of the fastest methods, playing tag time attack (usually 5mn to unlock 2 costumes). So yeah, can be a lot to unlock.

2) a lot individually (probably in the 300$ range?), but there will probably be packs to unlock what you missed for way cheaper. For example, Ultimate had a "DOA5 pack" for 40$ which unlocked every DLC released between Vanilla and U (that wasn't on disc) for every fighter. I'm sure they'll do it again.
And there's also some packs on sale from time to time (every 3 months?), where you can get some good deals.

There's still some really good packs included, and you'll get a lot more than what you had in Vanilla, as you apparently skipped 5U.

Is the 360 patch up yet?

Not in EU, no idea for NA.

Oh man. Senran Kagura pack confirmed? Give me my Katsu outfit on Rachel ASAP.

I'm sure Katsu would be for Tina.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The Xbone Trial is actually just a free demo. You can't buy characters, Story mode or music like the PS4 Core Fighters.
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/ftp.html

What the fuck.
We have to pay for Core Fighters?

Is that just because of Microsofts policies or is it Team Ninja doing us up.
Cuz WarFrame was free so i know its possible to get F2P games on XB1.

Worse still in XBL down for anyone else.....it and Xbox.com are down for me.
Apparently its LizardSquad striking again.

Ninja Dom

Still no update for 5U to LR on PS3 in UK.

Guess we gotta wait for our store update tomorrow? Sucks.

Here's a good tips guide for those new to Command Training, and don't know how to activate certain move prerequisites/stances that lead into other moves.

Since it was written for vanilla DOA5, though, no info for the newer characters from 5U or LR, but it still helps: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5/64373719

We also have a list of GAF online IDs, if you quote this post. Share yours and add others. Just don't post the direct link here to stop lurkers adding to it.

I just checked too and it isn't there. UK too. If it was/when it is, where would I update? From Playstation Store within the game?

And for all PS3 5 Ultimate Core Fighters players, Jann Lee is currently a FREE purchase.

Hubb

What the fuck.
We have to pay for Core Fighters?

Is that just because of Microsofts policies or is it Team Ninja doing us up.
Cuz WarFrame was free so i know its possible to get F2P games on XB1.

They said it was due to Microsoft policies if I remember correctly, but I'm not aware of all of their policies so who knows.

Hubb

I just checked too and it isn't there. UK too. If it was/when it is, where would I update? From Playstation Store within the game?

And for all PS3 5 Ultimate Core Fighters players, Jann Lee is currently a FREE purchase.

If you press Triangle when hovering over the game icon it brings up a menu. One of the options is "check for updates".

Azuardo

You'd think it would just be a patch update to the 5U game itself that starts upon boot. Triangle-Check for updates on XMB also says I have latest installed.

Will just have to wait for store update tomorrow or the official release day :l

Jann for free is good - you could technically carry into PS4 Core Fighters I assume.

Bgamer90

Banned
Bummed out about the fight stick issues but it seems like Team Ninja is checking with Mad Catz right now so hopefully there will be an update soon.

Craving a new 3D fighter so I'm going to get it anyway and just play with the XB1 controller for now.

Azuardo

Hmm, since I have the full 5U PS3 game, Jann won't show as purchasable in the store for me.

So even if I did get Core Fighters PS4, I'd miss out carrying Jann over because I own the full original game? Or maybe CF characters can't carry over into new gen CF anyway?

Meh.

mdsfx

Bummed out about the fight stick issues but it seems like Team Ninja is checking with Mad Catz right now so hopefully there will be an update soon.

Craving a new 3D fighter so I'm going to get it anyway and just play with the XB1 controller for now.
Oooh please god fix it

1) depends what you call "a lot". Apart from the first 2 costumes, everything is locked for characters, and you unlock those either by playing online, or by one of the fastest methods, playing tag time attack (usually 5mn to unlock 2 costumes). So yeah, can be a lot to unlock.

that's fine with me. while I enjoy stuff like Injustice Ultimate Edition giving me every costume and character right from the beginning so I can get right in, it obviously cuts down a whole hell of a lot of solo "i dont want to play online right now" content to complete so I'm fine with having to play it again. I like having an actual reason to replay the story mode again.

2) a lot individually (probably in the 300$ range?), but there will probably be packs to unlock what you missed for way cheaper. For example, Ultimate had a "DOA5 pack" for 40$ which unlocked every DLC released between Vanilla and U (that wasn't on disc) for every fighter. I'm sure they'll do it again.
And there's also some packs on sale from time to time (every 3 months?), where you can get some good deals.

There's still some really good packs included, and you'll get a lot more than what you had in Vanilla, as you apparently skipped 5U.

I dont think I played 5U. I did get back in for Core Fighters and I bought that pack for $20 when they hit a million downloads or whatever though. I assumed all that stuff was going to be covered by this upgrade so if not then that's cool

Hubb

Hmm, since I have the full 5U PS3 game, Jann won't show as purchasable in the store for me.

So even if I did get Core Fighters PS4, I'd miss out carrying Jann over because I own the full original game? Or maybe CF characters can't carry over into new gen CF anyway?

Meh.

No way that is true. That would be a major fuck up on there part, if DLC carried over but not characters bought.

Ok, a little confused here. I want to pick either the PS4 or Xbox One versions but:

1) Which DLC are available right now to purchase that are not included in the full $40 package? Including pre-order bonus (which I will not get since I Will go digital).

2) I have the Vita version and almost all its DLCs. I know it is crossbuy with PS3 but I do not have one, just PS4. Will I be able to transfer anything (and how?)?

I am gravitating towards the Xbox One version cause I do not have psn+ (so no online) Plus I have store credit. But I want to know what I could gain buying the ps4 version and transfering licenses.

Thanks!

Azuardo

No way that is true. That would be a major fuck up on there part, if DLC carried over but not characters bought.

Yeah, I'm just trying to think what would happen in my situation because I can't 'buy' Jann because I already own the full 5U game on PS3. If I get Core Fighters PS4, I don't think I'm able to carry over all my characters from 5U PS3, am I? I haven't technically bought any DLC characters; I just own the original full version.

KT Europe threw a new trailer up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMBFYKyphk

Hubb

Ok, a little confused here. I want to pick either the PS4 or Xbox One versions but:

1) Which DLC are available right now to purchase that are not included in the full $40 package? Including pre-order bonus (which I will not get since I Will go digital).

2) I have the Vita version and almost all its DLCs. I know it is crossbuy with PS3 but I do not have one, just PS4. Will I be able to transfer anything (and how?)?

I am gravitating towards the Xbox One version cause I do not have psn+ (so no online) Plus I have store credit. But I want to know what I could gain buying the ps4 version and transfering licenses.

Thanks!

1) http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html These are the costumes that come with LR

2) Yes, Vita version's DLC will carry over to PS4. It supposedly "scans" your account and it should autodownload any DLC you have purchased in the past.

3) I don't think anyone is sure how PS+ will work with the f2p version, but if you buy the game I am sure you need PS+.

Yeah, I'm just trying to think what would happen in my situation because I can't 'buy' Jann because I already own the full 5U game on PS3. If I get Core Fighters PS4, I don't think I'm able to carry over all my characters from 5U PS3, am I? I haven't technically bought any DLC characters; I just own the original full version.

Yeah that sounds like the PS+ "free game" situation. If a game goes on sale that you already "bought" with PS+ you cannot rebuy it so it isn't locked to your PS+ subscription. However TN set up the DLC they probably set it up so people cannot buy the same thing 2x. They probably thought that would save them more headaches in the long run.

Hopefully Jann Lee stays free for a few days and it pops up on the PS4 store. Or it would be really lucky if everything carries over because you bought the game digitally on PS3.

Ninja Dom

KT Europe threw a new trailer up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMBFYKyphk

Nice, trailer is 60fps.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
after your demo you would pay 5 bucks or so and you get more characters unlocked than ps4 core fighters.

I see I see.
So the XB1 version of Core Fighters is 5 bucks or so, but we get 4 extra characters out the gate.
Damn I might just go full wormage

They said it was due to Microsoft policies if I remember correctly, but I'm not aware of all of their policies so who knows.

Anyway, its better than nothing i guess.

mao2

Thanks!
The DLCs for PS3/PS4/Vita are Cross-Buy compatible. If you bought the Vita version DLCs, the ones for PS3 and PS4 will become free can you can download them.

Hubb

Thanks but I am a bit lazy to find out what is not included (and considering the store is full of different packs that includes the same things it is quite difficult to figure it out). Specially what is not icluded and was avsilable for the vita version.

How to transfer from vita to ps4?

Whelp I am too lazy to list all the different costumes out too haha. The packs shouldn't contain the same thing though. The only ones that would contain the same are "character packs", or the bundle they did when they released DoA5U.

Transferring from Vita to PS4 should be painless. All the DLC is tied to your account so your PS4 should recognize that you own this DLC for the game and download it for you. You shouldn't have to individually add each costume to your download list.

Mendrox

They didn't fix AA? Time to cancel my order. Horrible decision. Was such an eye sore in vanilla

Waiting for PC version for that... Really a shame. But I guess the new power of the consoles went into the boobs so I cant complain that much. :(

Mesharey

Downloading it now on Xbox One, but the patch for Xbox 360 for DOA5U is ready or not?
I downloaded a patch but it's not DOA5LR after the update.

Hubb

Downloading it now on Xbox One, but the patch for Xbox 360 for DOA5U is ready or not?
I downloaded a patch but it's not DOA5LR after the update.

Not sure how it works on the xbox360 or when their store updates, but the update on PSN was 1.1gb. How big was the patch you downloaded?

Top Bottom