• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Hubb

Actually really surprised that there's only one new outfit per character.

What a load of shit.

Definitely not buying. :(

Yep, really shitty. The only two positives that came out of LR (and they are BIG positives to me) are the PS4 port and PC port.

Hubb

If they were so dead set in half assing it they wouldn't keep delaying it/parts of it. Either way I look forward to seeing all the crazy stuff modders can come up with. That alone makes it worth it to me.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Man, I can't decide on whether to drop $500 bucks on a PS4 and this game (plus PS+). I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 till MGSV but I'm thinking about getting for for Last Round.

Only exclusive benefits I can think of:

1080P/60

Hair options

2 New stages

Possible next gen exclusive DLC in the future.

Everything else in Last Round I can get in the current gen version.... Decisions decisions..

What do you guys think?

Man, I can't decide on whether to drop $500 bucks on a PS4 and this game (plus PS+). I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 till MGSV but I'm thinking about getting for for Last Round.

1080P/60

Hair options

2 New stages

Everything else in Last Round I can get in the current gen version.... Decisions decisions..

What do you guys think?

Well you could always get the free version of DOA5:LR and if you don't mind getting a system for a few games then I would say do it. But if you want to wait that is always good too and might be the better option.

If you really want those features that are not in the PS3 version and want a fighting game on current gen then go for it.

Hubb

1080P/60

Hair options

2 New stages

What do you guys think?

I guess it depends. Do you think there will be a price drop between now and MGS5, and do you have the money to get it now?

Skilletor

Not having to deal with PSN on PS3 would be worth the upgrade for me. haha

No, but seriously, I can't wait for fighting games to move on from ps3/360.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm not going to sell my PS3, but it is finally getting to the point where I'll be playing it a lot less with these types of games getting released on it.

1080P/60

Hair options

2 New stages

What do you guys think?

$500 just to play a slightly upgraded version of DOA5 seems a bit nutso to me, but if you're planning on getting a PS4 anyway, I don't see why not. I doubt the price will drop between now and the time MGSV comes out. Plus there's always a chance that Last Round has improved online play on PS4. We'll know the answer to that soon enough.

1080P/60

Hair options

2 New stages

What do you guys think?

Well, it also features 2 new characters and if you did not purchase the DLC characters from Ultimate, technically you have 3 more characters making it 5 new characters.

Azuardo

Team Ninja twitter:

We have been informed that due to unexpected issues the PlayStation Store release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PlayStation 3 in North and South America has been moved from February 17 to February 24. We are working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment America to meet this revised release date. A bonus costume bundle (Beach Party Set) will be available for download for the first four weeks after launch. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So just the PS3 digital version in North and South America is delayed till 24th Feb.

AAK

People with both the PS3 and PS4 can just get the free pack on PS3 and have the DLC transfer to the PS4 version.

I think the stages in DOA5 have some of the best interactions gameplay wise. They work and flow really well. Tokyo stage is my favorite stage to play in. Home is also crazy in terms of how it changes how you play and approach a character. Movement and spacing become more important, stage hazards are no longer random and can really hurt when played right. They aren't just rolling down the stairs for 5 minutes or just falling to another platform. There's more to do with them because they offer much more in the way of solid gameplay strategies.

Those two, yes. But it feels like the more they add stages, the less expansive they get.
Crimson being added is good, but I want more stages like Tokyo, and the raft stage.
Also would be great if survival took place in the danger zone, fighting entertainment and the ring from DOA4.

Eolz

People with both the PS3 and PS4 can just get the free pack on PS3 and have the DLC transfer to the PS4 version.

That's what I was thinking. And unless they do some stupid ingame system, people with just a PS4 should be able to get it as well.

Azuardo

That's what I was thinking. And unless they do some stupid ingame system, people with just a PS4 should be able to get it as well.

I think we'd have to use our US accounts to actually download and install them, since this is just the North/South American version getting delayed, but we should still be able to use the DLC once we log back in with our EU accounts, right?

Unless they actually make the DLC free for all regions, but I'd assume it's just the US side.

Eolz

True, forgot about that.
Imagine if TN did some sort of sale every time DOA5 DLC was late on the European store...

So anybody for PSN lobby later today? Speak up or we can have it for tommrow

I'm down brudda shoot me an invite when it happens. I'm trying to get used to playing on pad so don't expect too much :/

I literally just sold my fighting edge to get a ps4 stick and BOOM I need a new ECU...fml

Azuardo

ggs Shin and Purifico.

Think I last played this around our tourney in Nov, so think I did okay considering lol. I have so many bad habits and moves I've forgotten about. LR should give me an excuse to improve again.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Costumes are only available in packs on PlayStation®Store for the PS4™ version of the game.
If you wish to purchase individual costumes, you will need to purchase them for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on PS3™ and then carry over your save data.

1267569113531.jpg

Top Bottom