• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

ibib9Ipt47ez9P.PNG

ib2epJ3HP3Rrwb.PNG

Game has no AA and no AF, but man those models look nice in 1080p!!!

Those looks great. I mean considering it's basically a direct port, those imo can pass for current generation. Guess it's time to finally retire my PS3 DOA5 Ultimate due to PS3 issues and move on to the PS4 version.

No new achievements at all? Not even for story mode..
Just waiting for my download to finish
who's trials are easiest to complete?

ShinMaruku

Dat Ayane and Honoka tag through..

"Hey Ayane are you some kind of ninja?"

"Are you serious?"
Yes yo sister is a ninja just like you daddy

Eolz

Dat Ayane and Honoka tag through..

"Hey Ayane are you some kind of ninja?"

"Are you serious?"
Yes yo sister is a ninja just like you daddy

Ahah really? Love the tag interactions, and glad there are new ones. Is there a list or something with all of the LR ones yet?

remz

Just been playing the trial on xbone. Its pretty weird but there's only ninjas to fight against :(

Seems mostly awesome. Game looks great and plays well. I have a few concerns though.

Mainly I'm pretty annoyed that my te2 doesn't work- is this stick really only going to work with KI? That's fucked up.

Secondly: had the framerate tank on the snow level . havemt had it happen again though.

Thirdly ayane type d hair is cute as heck.

Eolz

Mainly I'm pretty annoyed that my te2 doesn't work- is this stick really only going to work with KI? That's fucked up.

Is that the ponytail (kind of what she had when she was young)?
edit: like
Weird for the stick, hope that maybe it'll be better with the launch patch (TN announced one already).

Skilletor

Just been playing the trial on xbone. Its pretty weird but there's only ninjas to fight against :(

Seems mostly awesome. Game looks great and plays well. I have a few concerns though.

Secondly: had the framerate tank on the snow level . havemt had it happen again though.

None of the DLC is available for purchase, right? So everybody is playing core fighters, which is only ninjas.

I would assume the KI stick would work with any game, but I do remember somebody posting that it didn't work awhile back in the Arcade stick thread. That would be horrible if so. :/

remz

The hairstyle I like is like two little twin ponytails. But I have a softspot for that in all aspects of life.

You can't buy any of the DLC yet yup, fighters included. Seems fighters from the 360 version don't carry over either (yet) as I have Marie Rose and Phase 4, yet can't pick them. Some costume DLC looks like it carried over, but it might just be included in Last Round.

I would assume the KI stick would work with any game, but I do remember somebody posting that it didn't work awhile back in the Arcade stick thread. That would be horrible if so. :/
I've never been able to make it work with any other game than KI. Till now this wasn't really an issue, as there were no other fighters to play, but if it's going to be a pattern moving forward that's kind of worrying. Markman pls

Azuardo

I highly doubt the likes of Kasumi and Ayane have got any new hair other than what we've seen.

Five options for Kas to me sounds like: normal ponytail, straight hair, plait, (new) side ponytail, and then her yellow ribbon option ponytail.

So basically the side ponytail is the only new one for her, I imagine.

Please prove me wrong, because I want to be. Would have loved a long straight hair option.

remz

As far as I can see there's Ponytail/Hair down/straight/Plait/Diff color ribbon and the side tail, like you said. Maybe there will be more hair with newer DLC costumes?

Ayane has Normal/No headband/short ponytail/short twin tails.

I'm pretty sure the "detail" option someone mentioned earlier changes panty colours U_U. Maybe it will do something else on different costumes.

Azuardo

Yeah, that's it then. Think it's one new hair style at best. DLC costumes don't do new styles from what I recall.

Did they change it from 'Underwear' to 'Detail' then? Used to outright say 'Underwear' in early shots.

Azuardo

I really need to know if you need an online sub to play online in CF. Don't care what KT Europe said - not believing I don't need PS+ until I play it for myself.

Squire

Banned
The online is going to suck. Do not buy this hoping for it to be better. They've had three tries already and they've chosen to show they don't give a shit.

ShinMaruku

I can't say if they don't give a shit about the net code or if it's legacy issues from ps3 and 360 holding them back from using a better netcode patter since it would take more resources.

So instead of saying they don't give a shit I'll say it's a opportunity cost thing.

Squire

Banned
They give a shit enough to patch it at least.

The patches don't do shit. Hollow gestures and nothing more.

I can't say if they don't give a shit about the net code or if it's legacy issues from ps3 and 360 holding them back from using a better netcode patter since it would take more resources.

So instead of saying they don't give a shit I'll say it's a opportunity cost thing.

I'm saying they don't give a shit because the game was already re-released on PS360 before the new consoles were even out and they didn't fix it then. Your post seems to very conveniently forget that.

ShinMaruku

And you say my mindset is defeatist. :p

If the issue is like how capcom could not put in better netcode because they don't have the resource overhead on the game, I would not expect these ports to have the tech for the better netcode. Nothing is being forgetten.

But as I don't have enough info I won't say they do or do not give a fuck.

And you really can't say patches don't do anything, several games have improved from a patch, not sure if this game's patch fixed things but I won't just call it a hollow gesture.

UVG RAVEN

Banned
I was so hyped about this game, then I played online :(
I think I'm going to get Bloodhound instead, or just sell my consoles. I barely used them anyway

DR2K

Banned
The patches don't do shit. Hollow gestures and nothing more.

It's been considerably improved via patches. It's not a placebo effect. It's just not up to par with most major fighters. It probably won't be with this patch, but it will be playable.

As much shit as I give TN. Im not going to give them much shit over leaks and prereleased netcode.

Pimpbaa

looks nice. I wonder if PS4 version's color will be this strong.

Why wouldn't it be? With the default settings, the xb1 version looks washed out but that is easily fixable with the brightness setting (seems like you need to do this with all team ninja games, even on the ps vita).

Hubb

The netcode was bad? I played a bunch of lag free matches during my PS Now trial of vanilla.

If you are wired and playing against a 5 who is wired, it is fine. The problem comes when you try to someone who is either on wireless or a 3. In my experience I didn't find very many 5s after the launch period.

Skilletor

Even at 5, the delay alters the way the game is played. I swear frame data is different online. Fighting Kasumi, Christie, or anybody with a fast jab when you're playing a slower character or a grappler is an exercise in frustration.

can you transfer your save PS3 --> PS4 via usb? anyone know?

Yes, you can. There will be a title update to let you do this when the game releases.

Hubb

Even at 5, the delay alters the way the game is played. I swear frame data is different online. Fighting Kasumi, Christie, or anybody with a fast jab when you're playing a slower character or a grappler is an exercise in frustration.

Maybe I just can't tell the difference, or I just got used to it. With Ultimate I thought those matches were great.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm guessing nothing has been cleared up yet on the PC version, and what it is using for its base (PS3/360 vs. PS4/Xbone)?

Top Bottom