• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1267569113531.jpg

THE FUCK?

Vazra

I think they mean the old costumes. I'm sure going forward they'll have separate costumes to buy. Though none of it makes sense. Just buy it from the webstore and none of this carry over save bullshit matters.

Anyhow Im going team PS3 and PC with Last Round so I guess I shouldnt worry much.

ShinMaruku

I think they mean the old costumes. I'm sure going forward they'll have separate costumes to buy. Though none of it makes sense. Just buy it from the webstore and none of this carry over save bullshit matters.

That is exactly what they mean. They are just running up margins with the old costumes. Unless they are taking the Koei plan on dlc more.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I think they mean old costumes will only be sold in packs on PS4. Still lame.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think they mean old costumes will only be sold in packs on PS4. Still lame.

Lame, but you could just buy the individual costumes on the web store and never have to load up anything on your PS3.

I always just bought the costume packs, so I'm good. Looking forward to clearing all that data off my PS3 once the PS4 version is released!
laugh_.gif

Kumubou

Things I never realized until now:

Q7: What does it mean when the connection icon is shown < > inside angular brackets (< >) instead of square ones ([ ])? All platforms
A7: Angular brackets are used to denote players with wireless connections, < > while square brackets are for those with LAN connections.

I never knew DoA5 told you who was on wireless. I wish more games did that.

Nori Chan

Where is it?
try searching for It in the store. However what I did was find a user in true achievements that unlocked achievements in the game, search for the user, then compare games and look for doa5lr. Then I'll bring you to a page on the marketplace

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are there any side by side comparision videos between current / past gen versions?

Future

Read that faq and somehow still unclear with how many costumes actually come with the full game purchase. I see all the packs available... Is everyone paid dlc?

Skilletor

Core fighters on XBL isn't the same as core fighters on PSN.

On PS4 Core Fighters will be free to download and include four fighters along with “almost every game mode”. Users are then able to expand upon this via microtransactions.

The situation is different on Xbox One, where a demo version of Last Round will be available “consisting of the same free-to-download fighters and features” as the PS4 download. However, this version won’t be expandable via microtransactions. Instead, Core Fighters will be available to buy, although it will be discounted for two weeks upon release.

That being said, the only time I've been jealous of XB1 owners. I want to play now. #verucasalt

Pimpbaa

Goddamnit, why wasn't this available to preorder digital on consoles? Gonna miss out on sexy costumes :(

edit: all I can find on xb1 store is the DLC :(

Hubb

Goddamnit, why wasn't this available to preorder digital on consoles? Gonna miss out on sexy costumes :(

Yep, no fucking clue what they were doing. The only way they were going to get me to go retail on this game was having all the DLC when you preorder off PSN. Maybe I should be thanking them...

Pimpbaa

Image quality is pretty good but stage textures remain unchanged. One that really stood out as still bad was the forest stage. Still has that really nasty texture aliasing on the ground. The girls look pristine however. Hard to judge improved boob juggle due to xb1 controllers lack of accelerometers (maybe need kinect for that). Pretty basic port :/

Timu

Image quality is pretty good but stage textures remain unchanged. One that really stood out as still bad was the forest stage. Still has that really nasty texture aliasing on the ground. The girls look pristine however. Hard to judge improved boob juggle due to xb1 controllers lack of accelerometers (maybe need kinect for that). Pretty basic port :/
I would laugh if you need Kinect for it.=p Gonna have screenshots soon.

Vazra

I shall be fixing those textures on PC.

Pimpbaa

Someone needs to get team ninja some properly calibrated monitors to work on. This is the first xb1 game I played where I had to turn the brightness down. To make a game look washed out on a system that has a problem with black crush is quite a feat. Even on the vita their games look washed out by default.

Downloading the Xbox One Core Fighters now, too. I was actually hoping that I'd somehow get to try it out early just a few hours ago. Hah.

Anyway, this should help me figure out whether to get the full game or not. I have Ultimate on PlayStation 3, but I haven't played it in a while...partly just 'cause the console is technically my brother's and not mine, though. It'd certainly be nice to play a better looking version with more content on a console that is 100% mine...

How the hell can I find DOA5LR on xbox live?

Go to your friends list, go to "Find Someone," and type in the name of someone who has it, such as "Nightmare1316" (as seen above), go to compare games, choose Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, and then "Play game," which will take you to the download page.

Anyway, the game looks really clean and clear now. The character models look great. Some stages look great, others...not so much, but still better than before. I also like how there's a menu for hairstyles, glasses, and other stuff now after you pick a character. The game isn't done downloading yet for me, so I'm stuck fighting some really easy AI opponents, since I can't access the options menu.

Hubb

Anyway, the game looks really clean and clear now. The character models look great. Some stages look great, others...not so much, but still better than before. I also like how there's a menu for hairstyles, glasses, and other stuff now after you pick a character.

Do all of the characters have different hairstyles or only some?

Do all of the characters have different hairstyles or only some?

I can only pick the ninjas, but Ayane has four, Kasumi has five, and Hayabusa and Hayate have none...though, both costumes I can pick for Hayubasa right now have him with a mask on.

There are also "Detail" and side step (double directional tap or direction + H+P+K) options. Detail is unavailable for me right now.

Hubb

I can only pick the ninjas, but Ayane has four, Kasumi has five, and Hayabusa and Hayate have none...though, both costumes I can pick for Hayubasa right now have him with a mask on.

There are also "Detail" and side step (double directional tap or direction + H+P+K) options. Detail is unavailable for me right now.

Wow. Didn't expect people to have 2 more hairstyles let alone more. Hopefully it is just the costumes for Hayabusa and Hayate. I'd really like everyone to get at least 1 new hairstyle outside of future DLC.

That'd be nice. I hope everyone has hairstyle options. I imagine that all of the females do.

Oh, yeah, you can unlock Achievements in the trial version, too. Ultimate's Core Fighters on PlayStation 3 didn't unlock any Trophies.

Go to Fight Settings after you pick versus and there's the com level up to 8 for hardest a.i.

Oh, I didn't notice that. I was rushing to fight and ignored it somehow. Hah. Thanks!

This is SO much better now. I was having Dimensions flashbacks. Hah.

Edit: I just noticed that some of the previously DLC-only outfits that are included with the game are unlocked. Still no hairstyles for Hayabusa and Hayate.

Top Bottom