• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

ShinMaruku

With it being a bit of a rush job, always assume the worst and be surprised if they pull it off. Mods should fix some of the issues.

Hubb

With it being a bit of a rush job, always assume the worst and be surprised if they pull it off. Mods should fix some of the issues.

We may have different definitions of a "rush job". If it were a rush job I don't think they'd delay it like they are. The only real case I can see is, they probably should have released the game when it was completely done and not stagger the online. Seeing how they past their pre-order goals already, maybe I am wrong about that from a business stand point.

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but this isn't some brand new studio that is going to do a one and done. They have plenty of other games they could bring to PC, a new audience to sell there stuff to, and more importantly to them; make more money. What a shitty business decision it would be to throw out absolute garbage and poison any goodwill for your future releases (or lack thereof).

That's really unfortunate. I really wish publishers exercised more of an open disclosure. The silence is hurting things more than if they just came clean.

My guess is they don't have a real answer yet. They don't want to commit to something and then walk it back. At least they are testing at higher resolution levels, and if I recall correctly they did say they want it to be as good or better than current gen.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My guess is they don't have a real answer yet. They don't want to commit to something and then walk it back. At least they are testing at higher resolution levels, and if I recall correctly they did say they want it to be as good or better than current gen.

At the very least I would like it confirmed that they plan on including everything in the current gen versions, including the new engine, costumes, hairstyles, whatever. There's no excuse for that stuff being omitted.

Squire

Banned
At the very least I would like it confirmed that they plan on including everything in the current gen versions, including the new engine, costumes, hairstyles, whatever. There's no excuse for that stuff being omitted.

The reason why new engine tech would be omitted from last-gen seems fairly obvious.

remz

A whoooooole bunch of DLC just got uploaded onto the Xbox One Store, I was looking at it, and you can even buy Honoka for Core Fighters

...provided you have $586 lmao. Guess they're still doing some backend shit.

I tried downloading Marie Rose as I had her from 360- she installed but she doesn't show in game. Guess the shitty Ninja only trial version doesn't let you buy more characters, or at least it doesn't yet anyway.

Skilletor

A whoooooole bunch of DLC just got uploaded onto the Xbox One Store, I was looking at it, and you can even buy Honoka for Core Fighters

...provided you have $586 lmao. Guess they're still doing some backend shit.

I tried downloading Marie Rose as I had her from 360- she installed but she doesn't show in game. Guess the shitty Ninja only trial version doesn't let you buy more characters, or at least it doesn't yet anyway.

The free version on XBL can't be expanded. You'll have to buy core fighters gold, or whatever, it's called to use dlc.

remz

The free version on XBL can't be expanded. You'll have to buy core fighters gold, or whatever, it's called to use dlc.

Ah right. I forgot about that completely. Seems odd they'd have a distinction like that. Wouldn't more people buy DLC for a free game? Dunno.

So I played DOA5 vanilla on the PS3 some years back. With Last Round on the horizon, I'm thinking of getting back into the game. Could you guys tell me what changes have been made between LR and vanilla?

Griss

Man, the OT goes up tomorrow? I can't believe it, I waited so long for this game and to play against GAF, and now I find myself without my PS4 for the next 5 months at least. It was enough to drive me to my local gaming store to consider a new one, but "one thousand united states dollars" ($1,000) is just a bit rich for a second console, ya know?

All you Hitomi mains will have to do your best tomorrow and post lots and lots so that I can live vicariously though you while I sadly make my way through SMT and Dragon's Crown, neither of which I'm enjoying much.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, I haven't kept up with this thread, but I remember that people were curious about the Senran Kagura collaboration that was announced some time ago.

Well, on the HK Xbox One store, they have a listing for the DOA5LR Seson Pass (?!) It has no price listed so far:

Includes:
  • Ninja Clan 1 Pack (Feb, 10 costumes)
  • Ninja Clan 2 Pack (March, 10 costumes)
  • Senran Kagura Pack (March: 16 Costumes)
  • Ninja Clan 3 Pack (April: 10 costumes)
  • May 2015 Costume Pack (16 costumes)
  • June 2015 Costume Pack: (16 costumes)

Aooarently, buying the SP is the only way to get the "Marie Rose Angelic Maid" costume, as well.

All season past content will be released by 6/16/2015, it says.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I played DOA5 vanilla on the PS3 some years back. With Last Round on the horizon, I'm thinking of getting back into the game. Could you guys tell me what changes have been made between LR and vanilla?

They added a Power Launcher which launches opponent high on the air
New stages
More Outfits
Momiji, Leon, Ein, Rachel, Jacky Bryant, Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu, Raidou and Honoka added
Balance changes to everyone and core game

You should try Core Fighters which is free 2 play and if you like it you may purchase the full version or buy the content you want for the F2P version.

AAK

Does anyone know if there'll be a pack that contains Phase4, Neotengu, Raido, Marie Rose, and Honoka together that's cheaper than getting them seperately?

KageMaru

It's horrible that this isn't offered as preorder install on the PS4. Tempted to just preorder the disc version so I don't have to wait for it to download after work tomorrow.

They added a Power Launcher which launches opponent high on the air
New stages
More Outfits
Momiji, Leon, Ein, Rachel, Jacky Bryant, Marie Rose, Phase 4, Nyotengu, Raidou and Honoka added
Balance changes to everyone and core game

You should try Core Fighters which is free 2 play and if you like it you may purchase the full version or buy the content you want for the F2P version.

Cool, thanks!

Also, do characters have individual arcade mode endings now, or is it still the same story mode as vanilla?

Griss

Cool, thanks!

Also, do characters have individual arcade mode endings now, or is it still the same story mode as vanilla?

Pretty sure there's been no changes to any of the SP modes at all, no extra chapters or difficulties or anything. Which is a shame. Character specific arcade endings is something I really miss.

DR2K

Banned

10 more characters, a bunch more stages, balance adjustments, power launchers, new moves, lobby matches, a few new gameplay modes, tons more costumes and hairstyles. A lot.

So, I haven't kept up with this thread, but I remember that people were curious about the Senran Kagura collaboration that was announced some time ago.

Well, on the HK Xbox One store, they have a listing for the DOA5LR Seson Pass (?!) It has no price listed so far:

Includes:
  • Ninja Clan 1 Pack (Feb, 10 costumes)
  • Ninja Clan 2 Pack (March, 10 costumes)
  • Senran Kagura Pack (March: 16 Costumes)
  • Ninja Clan 3 Pack (April: 10 costumes)
  • May 2015 Costume Pack (16 costumes)
  • June 2015 Costume Pack: (16 costumes)

Aooarently, buying the SP is the only way to get the "Marie Rose Angelic Maid" costume, as well.

All season past content will be released by 6/16/2015, it says.

Can you link me to this ?

Edit: Confirmed.
https://store.xbox.com/en-HK/Xbox-O...8d6-4d4f-a10d-d671aaba3f16#gameDetailsSection

Top Bottom