• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Mesharey

B0gPyEj.jpg

IQBswZi.jpg

I want to see Ayane's costume. >.>

AlStrong

special famitsu DLC costume for Kasumi

Why only PS3. :/

Edit:

PSN and XBLM are offering a "complete" pack for the rest of the DLC (No private getaway?) $39.99...

They say it's 81 costumes, but... I'm a bit fuzzy on the math:

12 Hot Getaway
12 Hotties
10 Cheerleader
18 Santa/Christmas
12 Player's Swimwear
12 Round 3 (Special Set 2, Uniform, Gym)
---

The Xbox description doesn't mention Special Set 2 for some reason. *shrug*

------

edit: PSN singapore link for the costumes https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...umes/cid=JP0106-NPJB00411_00-ASIACOMPLETECOST

Why only PS3. :/

Edit:

PSN and XBLM are offering a "complete" pack for the rest of the DLC (No private getaway?) $39.99...

They say it's 81 costumes, but... I'm a bit fuzzy on the math:

12 Hot Getaway
12 Hotties
10 Cheerleader
18 Santa/Christmas
12 Player's Swimwear
12 Round 3 (Special Set 2, Uniform, Gym)
---

The Xbox description doesn't mention Special Set 2 for some reason. *shrug*

------

edit: PSN singapore link for the costumes https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...umes/cid=JP0106-NPJB00411_00-ASIACOMPLETECOST
Hey, if they are putting them into a bundle, that probably means that same bundle will go on sale eventually. I think I can wait it out, especially since there are only a few costimes in there I actually want.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
the free version seems to be up in HK PSN store if anyone is interested...

Yep. "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters." It's a Chinese/English/Japanese version. You might have to go through the DLC and then "Overview" to get to it but it's a demo/download. Can't find it through Free to Play or "Newest Update" right now. HK must be updating...

3.7Gig download basically. Should be a little less for America since it'll drop the Chinese and Japanese languages, more than likely.

alstein

I feel bad- my main reason for this game is all the costumes. I should be better than this, but I'm a blatant whore for costumes and outfits in my fighting games.

This was an area where I was super-disappointed in TTT2. I just hope I enjoy this game enough without trying to force it to be VF. (and the VF chars included- Sarah's the only one I like- and I really wish her kimono outfit made it in from FS- was part of her type S)

Azuardo

I feel bad- my main reason for this game is all the costumes. I should be better than this, but I'm a blatant whore for costumes and outfits in my fighting games.

I'm the same, really. I only ever play as Kasumi and obsess over her costumes. This new one above looks awesome. But god damn, I just hate paid DLC, but at the same time, I want all these new costumes! I just wish they were unlockable in the game, but could still be bought for the lazy arses who want them right away.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Not buying this for awhile until it hits $20 or less at least.

I bought the CE for DoA 5. Didn't play much of it but figured I'd be good with getting the CE swimsuits and any DLC that comes in the future.

Then this shit happens.

Savitar

Not buying this for awhile until it hits $20 or less at least.

I bought the CE for DoA 5. Didn't play much of it but figured I'd be good with getting the CE swimsuits and any DLC that comes in the future.

Then this shit happens.

When it comes to fighting games I don't think I would ever buy the first version of it.

In Street Fighters case probably not the first two or three versions.

BiggNife

Any idea when Core Fighters will be on the US PSN store? Later today maybe?

I enjoyed Dimensions on the 3DS quite a bit and I've been meaning to try DOA5 for a while now anyway.

vg260

360 Games on Demand version is confirmed out on the 13th on Major's Nelson's XBL update blog.

Looks like there's about a 7-10 day lag on new releases now. No day 1, but much better than before.

Skilletor

When it comes to fighting games I don't think I would ever buy the first version of it.

In Street Fighters case probably not the first two or three versions.

I guess I get that if you don't play fighters much, but if you do, you're talking about missing out on a ton of gameplay, the development of the meta, and everybody that continues to play will be ahead of you in strats. In the case of DoA, you're going to miss out on an active online community since this is probably going to drop off pretty quick unless the f2p version keeps people playing.

TheSeks

Any idea when Core Fighters will be on the US PSN store? Later today maybe?

DEAL:WITH:IT GCT Tuesdays.

Which has been the answer for eight years now. Why do people keep asking this? SCEA sucks.

Launch day for digital games will be the best feature next gen for foreign customers. I hate to wait two weeks for a game to arrive in stores here in Brazil and pay about $90 for it. Ima test the PS3 version.

BiggNife

DEAL:WITH:IT GCT Tuesdays.

Which has been the answer for eight years now. Why do people keep asking this? SCEA sucks.

I almost never buy stuff on PSN the day of release so I wasn't sure if it was still Tuesdays. No need to get annoyed.

Also wasn't it originally Thursdays?

raven777

Launch day for digital games will be the best feature next gen for foreign customers. I hate to wait two weeks for a game to arrive in stores here in Brazil and pay about $90 for it. Ima test the PS3 version.

yea it would take a lot of time to ship US version to where I live, + a lot of shipping cost.

I am not fan of digital purchase but it does have some great merits.

TheSeks

Also wasn't it originally Thursdays?

Yes, but the time has never been consistant unlike the other regions. If you want it, get it off the Hong Kong store. Otherwise it could be right now or 4AM Wednesday for America. SCEA sucks.
----

Also: OMG NEW HITOMI INTRO AND OUTROS. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

solid mike

This game is out now in my country for approximately $37.

I intend to wait for it to drop to at least $30 before I get it. But damn I cant wait to play Momiji and Rachel and see all the new outfits.

TheSeks

The onlines dead right now. A bunch of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korean user lobbies but nothing for America. Guess I have to wait until I get my disc tonight and see if the online kinda explodes a little to unlock the Forest Stage. :(

synce

You know what's funny even if you buy that $40 DLC bundle thinking the game is finally complete, there's probably at least another $100 of planned DLC. Game just came out and there's over 30 new DLC costumes confirmed, they average over $1 each

solid mike

Also: OMG NEW HITOMI INTRO AND OUTROS. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Does everyone in the vanilla get new intro and outro poses? Kasumi's were terrible.

You know what's funny even if you buy that $40 DLC bundle thinking the game is finally complete, there's probably at least another $100 of planned DLC. Game just came out and there's over 30 new DLC costumes confirmed, they average over $1 each

As long as they put Helena's venus I won't complain. Actually, they better give everyone a venus. That's where the money will flow in like crazy.

Squire

Banned
360 Games on Demand version is confirmed out on the 13th on Major's Nelson's XBL update blog.

Looks like there's about a 7-10 day lag on new releases now. No day 1, but much better than before.

Yeah, they should've specified that in the PR from months ago, but s'alright.

I already need to save some money, so I'll probably just play Core Fighters and get the full package later in a sale. Should hit $20 physical really quickly.

Klotera

What is the unlocking model for this one? For example, if there were costumes I hadn't yet unlocked in vanilla, do those still need to be unlocked or will they be there by default? Same for what was previously dlc that is now included. I assume many of the new ones will need to be unlocked.

Shame we couldn't also get the previously dlc costumes on our Vita's also.

TheSeks

Does everyone in the vanilla get new intro and outro poses? Kasumi's were terrible.

The vanilla poses are still there, but there is like 1-2 new ones per character according to the movie information page.

Hitomi's V for Victory is adorable.

WiZzYx

Neo Member
The onlines dead right now. A bunch of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korean user lobbies but nothing for America. Guess I have to wait until I get my disc tonight and see if the online kinda explodes a little to unlock the Forest Stage. :(
You are playing in the HK F2P Core Fighters?

DR2K

Banned

Like almost all dlc costumes for fighting games. Just DOA has more.

Skilletor

I don't see the problem with DLC outfits. This is exactly what I've wanted from DoA since the getgo. DoA5, compared to first iterations, had tons more content than every other DoA before it, and DoA5U ships with 230 outfits on disc? That's awesome.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I've held out this long, I can hold a little longer. Cool about the bundle though. I think i might definitely buy it despite my better judgement.

Auskeek

Whats the proper way to select alternate hairstyle? Ive just been holding all shoulder buttons and pressing triangle....

Also new music, so much better...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Isn't the online supposed to be improved?

I just got my copy so I guess I'll see for myself.

Has anyone tried their pre-order DLC codes yet?

Mine isn't working (PS3). I know sometimes they don't work until after the store updates, but I also had to get the code over the phone so I don't know if I wrote it down wrong either.

Top Bottom