• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Squire

Banned
I'm pretty sure xbox games are never released day one on the marketplace unless I'm missing something here.

They're not normally, but this is a re-release to a certain extent, so it's going up day one. They did the same thing with Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

Jinjo

Will this game still have Vita cross-play ability with all the new costumes and gameplay stuff?

AlStrong

So is every previous DLC (costumes) included in this version?

Nope. :/ Just Rounds 2,4,5, and 9 (edit: and the free Round 1, of course). I suppose the cost of all those combined is ~ what DOA5U costs. :p >_>

edit: Wonder if they'll start offering character-specific packs now that there's the option to buy particular characters for the PSN/F2P version.

Nope. :/ Just Rounds 2,4,5, and 9 (edit: and the free Round 1, of course). I suppose the cost of all those combined is ~ what DOA5U costs. :p >_>

edit: Wonder if they'll start offering character-specific packs now that there's the option to buy particular characters for the PSN/F2P version.

what the fuck? I'm not even starting to think about buying this then.

DOA5U costs 40€ !

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just noticed there is online tag-coop modes now. That'll be nice to try out. Also survival with items should be slightly easier to survive in now. D:

Skilletor

Rachel and Momiji's animations look so out of place. They look horrible, imo. You can tell they're supposed to be holding weapons on a lot of their moves.

Azuardo

Hmm, did Sarah always have a kick move that could launch the opponent higher like that? Don't like the look of that!

And the way opponents can bounce after being slammed into the floor looks so weird, too.

Maybe I've just never had these happen to me before but I can see these pissing me off big time online lol.

Azuardo

∀ Narayan;79469065 said:
It's her somersault kick. There are launch moves in the game now.

Oh, no, I don't mean the launch kick. Just her regular kick that she kept repeating in that above video to keep the opponent juggling. I know characters can juggle, but that one just looked like it would be one hell of an annoying thing to get caught up in.

Oh, no, I don't mean the launch kick. Just her regular kick that she kept repeating in that above video to keep the opponent juggling. I know characters can juggle, but that one just looked like it would be one hell of an annoying thing to get caught up in.

Oh. That looks like a kick from one of her slide moves. She's had it for awhile. The frame-stepping of that kick does seem a little weird to me as well. You could never do that in VF.

I just saw that the original is $15 at Gamestop. Is the new version worth waiting for a price drop, or should I bite on the original?

Dantis

Sure, but you can tell Rachel is tall. Lisa's the same way. (Similar movement, too.)

Just watching some videos, and you're right, she's huge. Pretty neat, considering her backstory.

Momiji looks like great fun to play as, but I haven't actually seen anyone win as her yet.

vg260

So was this officially confirmed to be available day one digitally on the 360?

I did notice as of August, Games on Demand are coming out much sooner than 3 months now. July releases were games originally released in April, but August ones are only lagging by as little as a week or so behind retail. Looks like MS finally got some sense.

Squire

Banned
So was this officially confirmed to be available day one digitally on the 360?

I did notice as of August, Games on Demand are coming out much sooner than 3 months now. July releases were games originally released in April, but August ones are only lagging by as little as a week or so behind retail. Looks like MS finally got some sense.

It's out tomorrow, yeah.

Mesharey

Did anyone receive team D code from Amazon?
I didn't preorder any game before so I don't know when they send the codes.

Squire

Banned
Did anyone receive team D code from Amazon?
I didn't preorder any game before so I don't know when they send the codes.

Amazon codes usually come within two days of my order shipping for me, which is what they promise as far as I remember.

Ken

Hopefully getting my copy today but since I've totallly forgotten what little I know of how to play DOA, I was wondering what you guys would recommend as good beginner's resources?

xion4360

Hopefully getting my copy today but since I've totallly forgotten what little I know of how to play DOA, I was wondering what you guys would recommend as good beginner's resources?

The game itself has a fantastic training mode, as well as a combo challenge mode that will teach you combos.

Kinda a broad question but how does doa5 hold up competitively? i mainly play 2D arcsys games but i wanna give this one a shot. has online been fairly active in previous games. Im aware of the series reputation with fans of other 3D fighters but i think i would get a less biased answer here, also Mila looks cool.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Can't wait to jump back into the online community. Looking forward to trying out the new characters and getting my Lisa groove on.

*crossing fingers for some sort of dlc sale tomorrow*

Edit: Anyone who wants to add me on PSN for some brawls tomorrow, Add me. My tag is my neogaf name. Just make sure you let me know you're from gaf.

I'm an ok player, no pro but I know how to play (or used to :p)

Skilletor

Kinda a broad question but how does doa5 hold up competitively? i mainly play 2D arcsys games but i wanna give this one a shot. has online been fairly active in previous games. Im aware of the series reputation with fans of other 3D fighters but i think i would get a less biased answer here, also Mila looks cool.

DoA5 online died really fast. This being a disc based update, I doubt it will be very active for very long. The f2p assist might boost the player base on ps3, though.

I barely touched DOA5 online, but DOA4 still has players surprisingly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hitomi and Jann Lee will be available in the free version for a short time (and the 4 Ninjas).

ASDF!!! I didn't have to pre-order then!

Oh god, a ton of Jann Lee and Ryu's online this week. CAN'T WAIT FOR REVERSALS

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hitomi and Jann Lee will be available in the free version for a short time (and the 4 Ninjas).

Man, i'm going to need to learn them better. I'm still terrified of vsing ayane or Ryu (getting better against him though).

Top Bottom