• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
t1378195200z4.png

Squire

Banned
Shouldn't they each have like a dozen costumes on disc given how the costume count has doubled? I know that includes DLC and the girls have disproportionately more outfits though.

Btw, what's up with that points system? Do you have to play online/rank up to unlock everything?

Dantis

Momiji will get tons of outfits she's Hayashi's baby she'll get some racy shit don't you worry.

Unlikely, actually. The only 'racy' outfit she has is her NG3RE one.

She has more than 4:
https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/373393269335805953

Usually game shops here release games before release date, but there's no sign of the game. :(

Ah. I guess this will be the other two NG costumes then. The blue one with the shorts, and the NG3RE Hot Police outfit.

Shouldn't they each have like a dozen costumes on disc given how the costume count has doubled? I know that includes DLC and the girls have disproportionately more outfits though.

Btw, what's up with that points system? Do you have to play online/rank up to unlock everything?

All the original characters will have a ton of costumes (I have thirteen for Kasumi in the base game), but the new characters will presumably have a lot less.

And I'm assuming you can unlock the costumes offline too. The new thing is just in case you don't want to play through arcade, I think.

thundr51

Preordered, but I think this a quadruple dip for me,
Vanilla x 2 (Xbox & PS3)
DOA5+
DOA5U.

Considering how much I've spent on this series you'd think I'd be relatively decent at it.
I'm not.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Talk do me about Amazon shipping. Does this have release day delivery?

Pachinko

The team ninja dilemna.... everyone here knows there will probably be 1 more release of this game. Will it be Vita ? Wii U ? or will they maybe do a ps4/xb1 release that runs at 1080p/60fps with no dynamic resolution and some extra graphic filters perhaps ?

I didn't mind standard fare DOA5 but I bought the collectors edition of the game and ended up shelving it after finishing the crappy story mode because the stages were mostly boring and after so many previous DOAs I didn't feel like going into yet another grind for more costumes.

People in the know - what's here outside of a 100 new costumes and a few characters - did they add a few stages from previous games ? I recall seeing something about one of DOA3's neater levels making it in now.

GrayFoxPL

People in the know - what's here outside of a 100 new costumes and a few characters - did they add a few stages from previous games ? I recall seeing something about one of DOA3's neater levels making it in now.

They've added 2 stages from doa3 and desert. There are new moves for characters, critical launch and new spinning air hit effect that allows for more combos. Everything is rebalanced.

Besides it's better to get it now when online is alive.

The team ninja dilemna.... everyone here knows there will probably be 1 more release of this game. Will it be Vita ? Wii U ? or will they maybe do a ps4/xb1 release that runs at 1080p/60fps with no dynamic resolution and some extra graphic filters perhaps ?

I didn't mind standard fare DOA5 but I bought the collectors edition of the game and ended up shelving it after finishing the crappy story mode because the stages were mostly boring and after so many previous DOAs I didn't feel like going into yet another grind for more costumes.

Some good AA would do wonders for this game. A next gen version would be glorious.

Dantis

They've added 2 stages from doa3 and desert. There are new moves for characters, critical launch and new spinning air hit effect that allows for more combos. Everything is rebalanced.

Besides it's better to get it now when online is alive.

There are five new stages. Three from Ninja Gaiden and two from past DOAs.

Grisby

Getting excited for Tuesday. Haven't touched doa5 plus in about a month and some change.

Be kind of cool to go back to some higher quality graphics(not saying that plus isn't impressive, it is).

Zee-Row

Banned
I got the PS Vita version and I just realized i can't platinum it because of the stupid trophy to play someone in Ad-hoc mode.

Squire

Banned
∀ Narayan;79343277 said:
What's the word on the costumes that are included in the JP collector's edition? Are other regions getting those?

We'll almost certainly get everything as DLC.

TGMIII

Might be a stupid question but what doesn't ultimate include. Should I expect all the costumes bar the CE stuff or is a large majority of it still DLC?

Squire

Banned
Might be a stupid question but what doesn't ultimate include. Should I expect all the costumes bar the CE stuff or is a large majority of it still DLC?

A large majority is still DLC. It includes brand new costumes and like 5 or 6 packs of the DLC, but there's just too much for including it all to make any sort of business sense whatsoever. None of the swimsuits are included.

synce

Yeah for some reason the Ultimate edition is not only missing the majority of DLC but they're adding even more DLC. Maybe the unannounced Hardcore edition will be a complete-on-disc game? :p

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yeah for some reason the Ultimate edition is not only missing the majority of DLC but they're adding even more DLC. Maybe the unannounced Hardcore edition will be a complete-on-disc game? :p

No, that's the special edition which comes after the hardcore edition and the Razor Edge edition.

It includes costume pack 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6, you can check here :
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/dlc.html

Am I reading this right? We're getting "Costume Packs Round 6" which is Christmas outfits for 9 characters, but not "Costume Packs Round 7" which the Christmas outfits for the other half of characters? That's weeeeeird.

Edit: Okay, never mind. Costume Pack 6 is actually what's listed as "Costume Packs Round 9" on the DLC page, so no Christmas outfits at all. It's shorts for the guys. Guess that didn't sell well.

Odd they skipped pack 3 too. I guess the schoolgirl outfits are big sellers. Too bad, I wanted Ayane's overalls and Lei Fang's leather outfit. I'd rather have that pack than the silly Bunny bikinis. Oh well.

Still not bad though, there's a bunch in Ultimate I wanted for vanilla but the DLC is too expensive for me. Glad we're getting pack 5, that has some really good stuff.

Mesharey

Am I reading this right? We're getting "Costume Packs Round 6" which is Christmas outfits for 9 characters, but not "Costume Packs Round 7" which the Christmas outfits for the other half of characters? That's weeeeeird.
Edit: nevermind.

You can view the costumes for the character when you select it even if you did not buy the costume or unlock it, the AI can use it, according to Leifang2000 in FSD.

The Light
Yes, there's a digital version.

mao2

Odd they skipped pack 3 too. I guess the schoolgirl outfits are big sellers. Too bad, I wanted Ayane's overalls and Lei Fang's leather outfit. I'd rather have that pack than the silly Bunny bikinis. Oh well.

Still not bad though, there's a bunch in Ultimate I wanted for vanilla but the DLC is too expensive for me. Glad we're getting pack 5, that has some really good stuff.
The US website messed up. It's actually "Costume Pack Round 9" (Fighter Pack).
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/home.html#features

Maybe. :p
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/home.html#features

You can view the costumes for the character when you select it even if you did not buy the costume or unlock it, the AI can use it, according to Leifang2000 in FSD.

Oh, that's awesome. It'll make it a lot easier to tell who I still need to unlock stuff for. That should have been in vanilla too!

God, this is going to carry over my pathetic ranked vanilla record... People will know my shame!

Okay, here's a bit of a noob question, but it's been ages since I've played DOA2 and none of the further sequels until 5.

I was never a Hayate/Ein player in any of the games. How exactly do they differ in DOA5U? Are they going to have totally different move sets?

Mesharey

Okay, here's a bit of a noob question, but it's been ages since I've played DOA2 and none of the further sequels until 5.

I was never a Hayate/Ein player in any of the games. How exactly do they differ in DOA5U? Are they going to have totally different move sets?
Completely different, Ein is like a male version of Hitomi (Karate) but slower and few different moves.

skasaha

Neo Member
"There are reports of the Playstation 3 version having slowdown and framerate drops."

Eh...I hope not. Where would this come from? DoA5 ran fine on PS3.

Top Bottom