• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Any impressions of the netcode? Also, any new free outfits in this version?

To my knowledge, I heard the netcode has been considerably improved, but I am not sure to what extent. The game has approximately double the costumes that are unlockable and the only free costumes I am aware of are the ones that you receive if you preorder from certain places. They might have some free DLC later like they did with DOA5 also.

Looking forward to the pretty new levels mostly. The desert and the cloud island ones look really good.
Ive gone off the Ultimate CE swimsuits, a bit, since I realized what a poor job TN did on the girls feet.

Squire

Banned
I have a feeling it's because of all the criticism story mode got. I personally enjoyed it a lot, but I know most people seemed to hate it.

Oh yeah, it's unintelligible gunk, to be sure. Still figured they'd want to bring it up to support the whole roster.

I have a feeling it's because of all the criticism story mode got. I personally enjoyed it a lot, but I know most people seemed to hate it.

90% of the fucking fights in story mode were either in that goddamn oil rig, or in the tournament stage with electrified walls. Absolutely ridiculous. MK9 did it infinitely better.

The concept of DoA5's story mode was good, the execution left a lot to be desired.

And the fact that no new story scenes were added in Ultimate is pretty lame.

RoyalFool

Banned
Has anybody done the calculations to work out how much it would cost to turn the "Core fighters" version into the full version by buying the optional extras?

Tempted to download it and buy a few characters, but not if it's going to work out way cheaper just to wait 6 months to pick up the full game on sale.

Squire

Banned
Has anybody done the calculations to work out how much it would cost to turn the "Core fighters" version into the full version by buying the optional extras?

Tempted to download it and buy a few characters, but not if it's going to work out way cheaper just to wait 6 months to pick up the full game on sale.

The game on day one is only $40 retail/digital. In CF, characters are $5 a pop and story mode is $15. Just looking at the roster it'd cost you more than 3x DOA5U.

Sadly, I won't be triple dipping :( Had I finished my backlog games like I should be doing, then a purchase might have been a possibility

I always have the vanilla and Plus versions (w/Kasumi VA signatures to boot)

Ninja Dom

I'm there on PS3 version.

Thing is I only use the Ninja's so I could pretty much get away with only downloading Core Fighters for free.

Even though the DOA 5 vanilla was given away free on Playstation + the online matches dried up pretty quickly.

IconGrist

I paid this off the day Gamestop put it up for grabs. I'm a sucker for this series. I've got vanilla, Plus and every bit of DLC available to purchase. I did miss out on the gravure videos but I hear it wasn't much to begin with.

Loona

I loved the story mode too, wish it had more stages and more cutscenes, more Ayane and Kasumi.

The story mode had more sections for Kasumi than for anyone else - and practically nothing for Gen Fu, nothing for Pai, no playable sections for a few others who were only opponents...

I liked its structure, but I wish they'd taken the opportunity to expand it...

shoulda sold my DoA5 when i had the chance, i wonder what it's worth now

Sold mine for 10 euros yesterday lol, couldn't get more for it. Paid less than 20 though so it's not too bad. I'll wait for a price drop on this.
My fav VF characters are all in the game now which is cool.

Squire

Banned
YfQyJfc.jpg

axD0KNP.jpg

XLNgKqd.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/222/G022212/20130829039/

klee123

Well, I'm a sad fuck and ordered the Kasumi Blue edition from Japan.

So those race queen costumes are only available in the JPN limited edition right?

synce

Those costumes come with the first print of Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate, not DOA5U... Tecmo's taking this to the next level of milking!

Those costumes come with the first print of Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate, not DOA5U... Tecmo's taking this to the next level of milking!

Well, I'm a sad fuck and ordered the Kasumi Blue edition from Japan.

So those race queen costumes are only available in the JPN limited edition right?

Where does this leave the US 360 owners at then? They are really going all out with these system exclusive costumes..

IvorB

If this had been DLC I would have bitten. But it doesn't make sense for me to buy a full game which has so much cross-over with a game I already have.

Dantis

If this had been DLC I would have bitten. But it doesn't make sense for me to buy a full game which has so much cross-over with a game I already have.

I think this is an unfair thing to say. I mean, how much would you have expected the DLC to cost? The game is already a budget title, and the amount of new content is pretty large. Most notably, there are five new characters, five new stages and around sixty new costumes, as well as sixty costumes which were previously DLC.

Top Bottom