• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 - Jiggle Physics Are Back!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yeah, I knew about the randomness, from people streaming the game last week/early this week, but didn't realize the costumes still had to be purchased with in-game coins. The grind for "costume parts" sounds atrocious, although I was assuming as much, after seeing some Japanese Twitter complaints.

This lack of player agency is what really has me expecting the eventual offer to unlock costumes with real money.

I’m not sure if the coins will be a huge issue. I’ve gotten a ton so far. There’s nothing to spend them on yet since you can only use them if all your costume parts get random assigned right to actually buy a costume.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just cleared arcade mode on normal and got 2 out of 500 costume parts.

Online matches have gotten me between 10-30. That’s with the launch 10x multiplier enabled.

Crazy.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I can do a OT if people are interested, not my thing and I am on mobile but I more or less ripped most from the official site and created something
otr5jrj.png

• Platforms:
    • PlayStation 4 Pro
    • Xbox One X
    • PlayStation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC

• Release Date:
    • March 1st 2019

• Developer:
    • Team Ninja
ttl001.png
img003.jpg

Fights in Dead or Alive are based on a triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes. When you land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage.
Fighters
img_20190301_202449yydvkk5.png

img_20190301_202449u0ckvq.png

screenshot_20190301-21qjku.png

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I can do a OT if people are interested, not my thing and I am on mobile but I more or less ripped most from the official site and created something
otr5jrj.png

• Platforms:
    • PlayStation 4 Pro
    • Xbox One X
    • PlayStation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC

• Release Date:
    • March 1st 2019

• Developer:
    • Team Ninja
ttl001.png
img003.jpg

Fights in Dead or Alive are based on a triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes. When you land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage.
Fighters
img_20190301_202449yydvkk5.png

img_20190301_202449u0ckvq.png

screenshot_20190301-21qjku.png

Looks good. Go ahead and post it.

Javthusiast

Banned
The costume unlock system is garbage, considering there are barely any in the game with majority being recolors. And already overpriced dlc.

Guess I‘ll wait for core fighters version, and play that until game drops significantly in price.

Ridaxan

Man, I was struggling my ass off with the combo challenge trophy today. Managed to finally clear it with my main (Christie) though. I'm aiming to platinum it during the next week or so and this has been the toughest hangup I've had so far.

I'm really enjoying the game. The costume unlock system is garbage though. I can't wait for lobbies to be patched in.

Ayy 5 win rankeds in a row done. I'm happy considering how shit I am at fighting games :p first two were on bot though (I think so, guy was making the same moves over and over), not ashamed at all, haha.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Ayy 5 win rankeds in a row done. I'm happy considering how shit I am at fighting games :p first two were on bot though (I think so, guy was making the same moves over and over), not ashamed at all, haha.
I made it last night too!
Fighters were at my level it was fun.
I had some players quitting before they lose.
It doesn’t seems to have any penalty, that’s a shame.
I’ll tonight after the patch.
70% of doa quest mode only 29 costumes unlocked.
It’s terrible

Not yet a full solution, but a step in the right direction.

Did I read correct tonight or did it say earn up to x100 the points in celebration of the new release? Really enjoying the game so far. Even with the grind, I’m still having lots of fun. It feels so good even online and it looks nice as well on both consoles. 4k is simply breathtaking. Imo, it looks almost like a new game in some cases.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Did I read correct tonight or did it say earn up to x100 the points in celebration of the new release? Really enjoying the game so far. Even with the grind, I’m still having lots of fun. It feels so good even online and it looks nice as well on both consoles. 4k is simply breathtaking. Imo, it looks almost like a new game in some cases.

Yep, today they changed it further and did it 100x instead of 10x. Much less grindy. On top of that, the next update mid-month will change drops so that they come for the character you're using and not random.

Tiamat2san

328 for a win
200 for a defeat in ranked match
350-400 for an arcade run (i don’t remember exactly)
Well that’s better.
Should have always be this way

I know they are going to patch in lobbies eventually, but does anyone think we have a chance for player matches to be added like the original doa5 had? They for some odd reason took them out of doa5: lr. I like to sometimes just jump in and play without having to wait in a room full of players to finish playing in a lobby.

Last edited:
Top Bottom