• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 - Jiggle Physics Are Back!

Javthusiast

Banned
Apparently someone found out that you can change the pantsu the girls wear by pressing different buttons.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it was a new feature, until I remembered that it was also possible in last round. It is once again proving though that this ''look the game isn't as fanservicy'' in the marketing, but is filled with it underneath strategy, was pretty damn stupid and unnecessary.

DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-7-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-5-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-8-600x338.jpg

DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-9-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-10-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-12-600x338.jpg

DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-18-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-19-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-20-600x338.jpg

DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-29-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-30-600x338.jpg

DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-34-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-35-600x338.jpg

DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-1-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-2-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-3-600x338.jpg
DeadorAlive6-Pantsu-System-4-600x338.jpg

Last edited:

Isa

Ha nice. Looking forward to playing the full game later this week. Can't believe its nearly upon us.

Aranea

Team Ninja is asking for the players feedback regarding DOA 6. You can fill in the survey by following the link below. Personally everything i saw in the beta is ok apart from the female cast bust nerf which i requested to be updated (first world problems i know). They did a good with the new break blows, stages interactions and the new models face look even better. Team Ninja still maintained that classic look instead of going for a super realistic look so i appreciate they still keep this type of art style.

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa6_trial_na

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think the music in this game is so bad I'm just going to turn it off and have my PC feed music to my DAC at the same time.

Other than that, seems pretty legit from this demo.

There's still no price, but here's the roadmap for DoA6's first Season Pass.

March = NiCO accessory set, Nyotengu's outfit, and both Happy Wedding sets.
April = Costume Set 1.
May = Costume Set 2.
June = Mai, the other KoF guest character (probably Kula), and their related costumes.

Also worth noting, March, April, and May will see free updates, adding new character introductions and victory poses. The game's lobbies are also listed as a "free update" in March.

kKE45ei.png

I can't help thinking Koei Tecmo is forcing the game to release this fiscal year, when it probably could have used a few more months in the oven. Even besides the free update material, it'll be interesting to see, if the game receives a fairly noticeable amount of tweaking over the coming months.

Vlaphor

I wonder if the new intro/lose poses are going to be the really good ones. Get some more of that Tina goodness.

Team Ninja is asking for the players feedback regarding DOA 6. You can fill in the survey by following the link below. Personally everything i saw in the beta is ok apart from the female cast bust nerf which i requested to be updated (first world problems i know). They did a good with the new break blows, stages interactions and the new models face look even better. Team Ninja still maintained that classic look instead of going for a super realistic look so i appreciate they still keep this type of art style.

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa6_trial_na
thanks, also requested reversal of the unwanted surgery.

There's still no price, but here's the roadmap for DoA6's first Season Pass.

March = NiCO accessory set, Nyotengu's outfit, and both Happy Wedding sets.
April = Costume Set 1.
May = Costume Set 2.
June = Mai, the other KoF guest character (probably Kula), and their related costumes.

Also worth noting, March, April, and May will see free updates, adding new character introductions and victory poses. The game's lobbies are also listed as a "free update" in March.

kKE45ei.png

I can't help thinking Koei Tecmo is forcing the game to release this fiscal year, when it probably could have used a few more months in the oven. Even besides the free update material, it'll be interesting to see, if the game receives a fairly noticeable amount of tweaking over the coming months.
They definitely are, most fighting games these days are rushed out before they're ready, with a finish later with patches and paid DLC attitude.

Wonko_C

Yeah, WTF? They even got the new Samsho in their lineup and we don't even know if its gonna be any good.

Last edited:
Even if DOA6 was considered, Wizard wasn't going to let it in no matter what after it resulted in him being publicly embarrassed on twitter, and then by the twitch chat.

Aranea

Team Ninja plans to release an update that makes the jiggly physics even more noticeable. Well you can read the other stuff on the tweet below.

D0ZNjp3VYAAQUaY.png

Team Ninja plans to release an update that makes the jiggly physics even more noticeable
Just for clarity, if I'm reading the quote correctly, Shimbori's comment is he/they really want to (or feel very motivated to) improve the jiggle physics; it's not outright confirmation of a patch or something they're absolutely going to implement. This statement is a follow-up to a quote where (again, if I'm reading correctly) he essentially says they were working on the the sexy elements up to the last minute, but he wasn't quite satisfied.

Assuming they do improve the jiggle physics, it may well be the result of the development team having more time to work with the new engine, rather than being part of earlier attempts to downplay sexual elements to the press. Also considering news DoA6 will receive free updates adding intro and win animations, potentially upgrading jiggle post release would lend credence to notions the game is only partially baked at launch.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has talked about the poor HDR implementation. HDR is very dim and needs a calibration tool. Did you guys experience this also? Playing on my OLED and don't have issues with any other games

Vlaphor

I'm surprised no one has talked about the poor HDR implementation. HDR is very dim and needs a calibration tool. Did you guys experience this also? Playing on my OLED and don't have issues with any other games

I have an OLED as well and it looked very bad. This was just for the demo though, as I'll be playing the full game on PC, which has no HDR support (though after looking at their HDR, this would appear to be a non issue).

Vlaphor

I really enjoyed the gameplay in the demo but 90% of the costumes suck.

Not only that, but the so called extra costumes are just recolors. Granted, some of the costumes are nice (boobs), but it's a definite downgrade from previous games where the girls would have a dozen or so unique costumes each.

Isa

That's really good news, I like the potential of new intro's and defeats 'n' such. I splurged on the deluxe edition, I hope their support for the game is as well-rounded as their roadmap suggests. It'd be neat if new stages released with some frequency, they don't even have to be anything fancy with destructive environments, though those are nice too. I also hope they add in motion controller support on PS4, my girl is bummed she tries waving the controller around but with no fun "bouncy" results much to her dismay haha!

CatCouch

I'm excited. I like what I see, though I skipped the demo because 20 gb download was too much for a two day trial.

Maybe it's a good thing that it's not in EVO.

As long as the season pass isn't absurdly priced I'll probably buy it as well. I totally want to support games like this since there is so much opposition to them.

Dice

Yeah the demo was that way for me as well. The way it looked was as though it somehow compressed the values for standard contrast within the virtual boundaries of HDR. So like the output of those values were pushed into the center of the contrast scale and nothing that would be in the highs and lows of HDR values was even in the content to be displayed. (Does this way of describing it make sense?)

splattered

Looks like the game is turning out as most of you desire after all ... Haha so much whining in this thread. Wonder if they will patch in larger breasts too. Maybe it would be easier just to implement a universal slider :p

After looking at the deluxe costume post I hope they offer more "cool" costumes for the males... dont really wanna play in Male speedos. Not saying they shouldn't be there Haha just not for me

Last edited:

Dice

Alright time to review the deluxe costumes...

Kasumi's red & black kunoichi bikini: Very stylish, but the standard wrestling boots don't really match with it.
Ayane's one-leg cutoff thing: Pretty weird. Her other options are definitely better.
Hayate's rebel forces jedi training pants: Very different from his full ninja suit and pretty cool. Kasumi's set should have had footwear more like this.
Hayabusa's training pants: Eh, nice lines but the styling could be better.
Diego's boxing set: Looks dorky. Could be okay with different colors.
NiCO Rose: A full rubber suit would make more sense given her gadget abilities. The skinny tie with this looks weird.
Marie Rose: Actually pretty decent. The ascot thing is again weird and of course I never understood the random frilly bits attached to nothing.
Honoka's swimwear: Looks really dumb. Also kind of disturbing as the frilly parts seem to pattern after common swimwear stylings of small children?
Zack's Sagat set: Works perfectly for him.
Helena's wrestler set: Not what she is at all but she has a great design and basically looks good in anything. The outfit is at least conceptually cohesive.
Kokoro's... wat: Looks really dumb and also maybe inspired by traditional German clothes? I am very confused and it is not aesthetically pleasing. She's so refined and classy normally but then they take it here? Come on.
Hitomi's street fighting set: Looks ready for Streets of Rage or a cage match. Pretty badass.
Leifang's classic: She had this before, yeah? Last time I really played this series was DOA2. Anyways this works alright.
Jann Lee's speedo set: Wearing a speedo with boots is hilarious. Something about this strikes me as a man who puts everything on the line! Also in this pic he seems to have the squarest butt in existence what is with that.
Rig's speedo set: He doesn't look nearly as comfortable with himself. In fact with all those tattoos he looks like he's being pranked by his prison buddies. Jann made it cool but I wouldn't use this.
Bass the traditional wrestler: Works just fine but weird to think this isn't one of his default outfits.
Tina's cowgirl set: She is strapped, and strapped! And also strapped some more for good measure. Looks a little strange. Her other outfits are better but the guns make a nice effect.
Mila: Mila is pretty boring to me and this is no different. She gives a depressive vibe so I think I'd use her Life is Strange set.
La Mariposa's extra skimpy suit: Basically just a simplified version of other other one. I would have preferred to expand her beyond the carnivàle concept.
Eliot's training shorts: Again looks weird with huge boots.
Brad Wong's training shorts: Less weird but the huge DOA6 logo makes them dumb.
Bayman's gym set: He really pulls this off. Looks more like military training for extreme conditions or something.
Christie's onesie: Seems trying and failing to be cool like Black Canary.
Raidou's loincloth wrap thing: Dude is weird no matter what. He reminds me of the villain in 3 Ninjas and so I'd prefer him in normal skin color looking more like said villain.
Phase 4's swimsuit: Pretty hot, tbh. Like a more stylish Cammy.
Kasumi's sailor suit: Really cute and the gloves are what really seals the deal.
Kasumi's remixed standard: Drawing close to Mai's outfit, it's some, uh, we'll say... low hanging fruit. Not surprising or terribly creative but at least aesthetic.

Honestly, it looked decent on my OLED, but yeah it could use some tweaking or adjustments because it was dim compared to when you turned HDR off. The game looked much more vibrant and colorful.

I totally want to support games like this since there is so much opposition to them.

My problem with this is that supporting DoA6 may send a message that toned down sex appeal is what I want.
Right now, Im waiting to see if a bikini set show up for the girls. If not, I guess I'll buy the game in a few months when its on sale and the modding scene is putting in the sexy stuff that the devs wont.

Solo Act

It's weird that this game isn't up for pre-order on Steam. It seems like there's no "Deluxe" version either. Does that mean we won't be able to get Phase 4 on Friday?

Anyone else beginning to lean toward "wait on impressions" for the PC version?

It's weird that this game isn't up for pre-order on Steam. It seems like there's no "Deluxe" version either. Does that mean we won't be able to get Phase 4 on Friday?
Going by Nyotengu and the one Kasumi outfits being listed as Digital Early Purchase items on STEAM, I believe the general assumption is on the PC the ability to purchase the game and its deluxe DLC will all just go live on March 1st.

No preorder on Steam will massively damage sales. Third party sellers are also up the air for price guidance because of this. And then the inevitable technical problems with the port at launch. They refuse to change. £50 entry fee for a niche game like this on PC is just ridiculous.

vkbest

No preorder on Steam will massively damage sales. Third party sellers are also up the air for price guidance because of this. And then the inevitable technical problems with the port at launch. They refuse to change. £50 entry fee for a niche game like this on PC is just ridiculous.

lol, PC Master Race crying and begging console ports for years, after you get ports, crying because price? Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Team Ninja plans to release an update that makes the jiggly physics even more noticeable. Well you can read the other stuff on the tweet below.

D0ZNjp3VYAAQUaY.png

Good. Sounds like a bullshit excuse, though. I feel that Shimbori might have been scolded from the higher ups.

I never preorder games and I got this game preordered. The last game I preordered was Tekken 7 and before that, I think it was DOA5: LR and then TTT2 and doa5....... Wait, I’m seeing a pattern here.........

The game wont even have online lobbies at launch. Im very surprised this wasnt sorted out, especially for consoles. I remember waiting for lobbies to show up on the Steam version of DoA5. They never did.
I also learned today that you need Windows 10 to run it. Im still on 8. I'll probably get a new PC in the next 6 months.

So, the price for Season Pass 1 and Nyotengu hit the Japanese XBox/MS store. Not surprisingly, the Season Pass is fairly expensive.

Season Pass 1 = ¥10,800 ($96.93 at the current exchange rate)
Nyotengu = ¥432 ($3.87 at the current exchange rate)

CatCouch

So, the price for Season Pass 1 and Nyotengu hit the Japanese XBox/MS store. Not surprisingly, the Season Pass is fairly expensive.

Season Pass 1 = ¥10,800 ($96.93 at the current exchange rate)
Nyotengu = ¥432 ($3.87 at the current exchange rate)
They're going to go with a $90 season pass? I didn't buy any of the season passes for DOA5 but they were about this price, right?

That's not good news. I simply can't justify that kind of money on top of a game.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They're going to go with a $90 season pass? I didn't buy any of the season passes for DOA5 but they were about this price, right?

That's not good news. I simply can't justify that kind of money on top of a game.

Thankfully you can pretty much ignore most of the DLC that is added to the game unless you like playing every single character and want to change up costumes constantly. I mostly just bought costumes for very specific characters that I really enjoyed playing and even then only specific costumes due to their designs.

Tiamat2san

Yeah, as I remember, DoA5's season passes were generally around the $90s.

Season Pass 1 is 62 costumes, the two KoF characters (Mai already confirmed), a Nyotengu costume, and an accessory set for NiCO.
Ok
Thanks
I’ll grab the characters and maybe 2 or 3 costumes.
So no season pass for me.

Isa

Man I was hoping the price wouldn't be that high again. If they at least keep new characters coming and hopefully some new stages(though those should be free at least to keep online together) I might be content. They better add in Momiji and Rachel though damnit. I only nabbed a couple of those last passes because of a neat couple of costumes that were ransomed exclusive to them.

Top Bottom