• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 confirmed for PS4/PSVita

Also paid themes for voting.... but why?

Because they've learned from the AKB voting system. You don't make voting free when fans will pay to vote for their favorite members. The AKB election singles are consistently their best selling each year.

The themes are also released in the eu. They dont count towards the votes?

Unless they specifically said so, the answer is no no. If you go to PS STore (at least in JP), you'll see that it is part of "Dead or Alive 5 Plus" - aka themes for DoA5+. So yeah, these themes still "makes sense" to be released to DoA fans outside of JP/Asia.

mao2

The themes are also released in the eu. They dont count towards the votes?

2 of the worst characters to be introduced into DOA.

Now we just need Rumble Roses 3 lol.
No, only the themes on Japan and Asia PS Stores count towards the votes.

Honestly I don't mind them in DOA5LR but it'll be disappointing if regulars like Helena and Lisa don't make it into this game because of them. :(

Agree LOL.

we can only hope
:/

Current ranking (not really*):
[8/20 1900 JST]

Name PS4Votes + VitaVotes

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

*number of rating in PSN = number of votes

Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Honoka on top, so I'm all good.

[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

nice

raven777

[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

Shit I don't want Momiji to miss out!!

kewlmyc

[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

The fact that Mila most likely won't be in this game makes me sad.

Oh Marie on top? Really? The top? So fucking predictable. I hate that disturbing fetish of the young looking flat chested lolis.

Change Marie for Momiji or Tina and we'll talk.

Ferr986

[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

Momiji and Tina losing to Marie and Honoka. This world is done...

Kudo

Marie Rose taking the throne she deserves.

XQ8b9IF.gif

Yay, I beat you!

ShinMaruku

I also like ho the guy says not really and Hayashi's history and you guys are taking it at face value because of Marie. XD

The fact that Mila most likely won't be in this game makes me sad.

You can always be like those AKB madmen who buys boxes and boxes of CDs of their favourite idol to vote. Those guys even calculated the time they need to do each vote and a plan of attack on how to do it. LOL.

mcz117chief

You can always be like those AKB madmen who buys boxes and boxes of CDs of their favourite idol to vote. Those guys even calculated the time they need to do each vote and a plan of attack on how to do it. LOL.

What the hell does "Those guys even calculated the time they need to do each vote and a plan of attack on how to do it" mean? Can you please elaborate?

Golnei

What the hell does "Those guys even calculated the time they need to do each vote and a plan of attack on how to do it" mean? Can you please elaborate?

Assuming they're talking about buying physical albums, maybe they co-ordinated with like-minded individuals to buy out the stock of as many stores as possible within a given timeframe to result in the maximum amount of votes for their desired idol?

Considering the whole otaku-bait paid voting thing they're doing, I'm sort of surprised they haven't - even if they had absolutely no intention of putting male characters in the game, they'd still manage to get a few additional sales from people vainly hoping for it.
I think if they actually threw the dudes in too, one or two (most likely Ryu and Jann Lee) would have a chance of cracking the top nine due to sheer tenacity. I'd love to see Team Ninja's reaction to that.

Though the whole "pay to vote" system is extremely shady.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

Marie Rose in first place so far ? All is well in this world. Just psn votes but still!

klee123

[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

As expected of Japan.

mcz117chief

Assuming they're talking about buying physical albums, maybe they co-ordinated with like-minded individuals to buy out the stock of as many stores as possible within a given timeframe to result in the maximum amount of votes for their desired idol?

Wow, that is borderline insanity.

I don't understand the irate folks here. Most are bitching that DOA is composed of only big "lifes" women and yet now that we have one, they say they don't like it? WTF

If they plan to put the guys in the game I sure as hell won't use them but I know some other fan likes them.

Finaika

I've heard that they only putting the 9 most popular girls in the game, hence why their doing this voting thing. Mila isn't that popular in Japan from what I've heard and seen.

Uuuuggghhh, she's my favorite character :(

Why doesn't Japan like her? Too old?

[8/20 1900 JST]

Marie 29+9
Honoka 28+5
Kasumi 26+4
Nyotengu 18+5
Ayane 21+1
Leifang 16+4
Elena(Helena?) 16+3
Hitomi 16+3
Kokoro 10+7
Momiji 14+1
Tina 12+1
Mila 6+1
Christy 5+1
Lisa 6+0
Rachel 5+0

good keep it up jp

After deciding to buy 2 themes for shits n giggles I came to the slow realization that I like all of these characters. Kasumi was a lock, but then for 2 I had the really think about it, between Ayane, Helena, Nyotengu, Mila, Marie Rose, Honoka, Hitomi, Kokoro, and Lisa it was a hard choice... Went with Mila

Finaika

After deciding to buy 2 themes for shuts n giggles I came to the slow realization that I like all of these characters. Kasumi was a lock, but then for 2 I had the really think about it, between Ayane, Helena, Nyotengu, Mila, Marie Rose, Honoka, Hitomi, Kokoro, and Lisa it was a hard choice... Went with Mila

Wise choice.

Skilletor

I don't understand the irate folks here. Most are bitching that DOA is composed of only big "lifes" women and yet now that we have one, they say they don't like it? WTF

If they plan to put the guys in the game I sure as hell won't use them but I know some other fan likes them.

Probably has something to do with her looking like a little girl and less to do with her bra size.

Pachimari

I want Marie, Kasumi, Leifang, Tina and Christie to make it. Hell, why not Honoka, Kokoro, Mila, Momiji and Lisa as well. Bring them all Tecmo, what are you doing.

Honestly, there's some of these girls I don't recognize well. I have played all of Dead or Alive up until DoA4, which ones were introduced in DoA5? Did they add anyone to Last Round?

Though the whole "pay to vote" system is extremely shady.

Well, this is "more" valid na AKB since it is done with your PSN account. I doubt single person has thousands of PSN accounts to use just to vote.

"Walled" (in this case paid) voting is not exactly bad.
1. First it hinders automated voting.
2. Second, it stops "massive troll voting". (4chan did this a few times IIRC)
3. And in this case, it also "makes sure" that the voters are those who has intent to buy the game. I doubt people who are "on the fence" will attempt to vote unless they actually want the theme.

I am not saying I am ok paying with this, but this is not a new concept. TV shows/contests have been known to do this. "Text to vote" are not free most of the time.

No, not a group. One guy. LOL.

I can't remember the exact system, but IIRC you have to text a unique code included in the single. One guy calculated (IIRC this was the farmer guy) how fast he can do it and how long he needs to do it as well as when to do it while at work (he still gotta get all that money for the next election, yo!). We're talking about thousands of CDs on one guy, so yeah, it takes a long time. All those CDs are either sold for dirt cheap later or disposed later.

mcz117chief

I can't remember the exact system, but IIRC you have to text a unique code included in the single. One guy calculated (IIRC this was the farmer guy) how fast he can do it and how long he needs to do it as well as when to do it while at work (he still gotta get all that money for the next election, yo!). We're talking about thousands of CDs on one guy, so yeah, it takes a long time. All those CDs are either sold for dirt cheap later or disposed later.

...good Lord.

Skilletor

I want Marie, Kasumi, Leifang, Tina and Christie to make it. Hell, why not Honoka, Kokoro, Mila, Momiji and Lisa as well. Bring them all Tecmo, what are you doing.

Honestly, there's some of these girls I don't recognize well. I have played all of Dead or Alive up until DoA4, which ones were introduced in DoA5? Did they add anyone to Last Round?

Honoka was added to last round. Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Rachel, and Momiji to DoA5:U. Mila was a new character in DoA5 vanilla.

Griss

New to DoA5:
Mila

New to DoA5U:
Momiji
Rachel

DLC for 5U / New for DoA5LR
Marie Rose
Honkers
Nyotengu
Phase 4 (Just a Kasumi clone with different moveset)

Top Bottom