• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 confirmed for PS4/PSVita

PS4 for sure, Vita if it's cheaper and cross-play with some sort of feature that matters beyond touching them.

If the themes aren't too expensive and don't look too pervy, though? All over Ayane and Momiji themes.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This week's magazine, Hayashi talks about Western version

"The majority of the fans for this franchise is in Japan and Asia so that's why we decided to release it only for Japan and Asia. But if there are many requests from western fans, we will consider releasing a modified version for the west."
Are they kidding? Vita owners in particular would eat this up.

Ban Puncher

"The majority of the fans for this franchise is in Japan and Asia so that's why we decided to release it only for Japan and Asia. But if there are many requests from western fans, we will consider releasing a modified version for the west."

0kBBfzz.gif

Elios83

I'm sure it will come to the west. They just want to see fans creating buzz around the game...it's becoming a trend in the social network era :p

Quocia

Neo Member
I must have been one of the few who played the first one for its volleyball and shopping, it was more like playing barbies. At some point, I did grow up and realized it wasn't what the gale was about.

Anyways, I still enjoyed the first game.

Ninjimbo

It will be interesting to see this slam head-first into the modern offended-sphere.

Though maybe the bare-faced nature of it will make it too transparent to be a suitable target of critique.
If common sense prevails, this is what should happen. DOA has been upfront about what it is since its inception. Plenty of people like it. What's the point in calling out a game like this when there's so much other stuff that is available to play?

Anyways, we need to tell Hayashi what's up and tell him to release the best version of the game over in the west. We got more money to burn than the fans in Japan.

raven777

This was the Japanese poll they did before the release of Last Round where they vote the character to get the poster for LE or something

05hv8cF.jpg

Hello everyone.

If you would like the game to be released outside of Asia then please consider signing and then sharing the petition for worldwide release: http://chn.ge/1Iwi1sC

We are closing in on 900 signatures. This petition can be a permanent monument to back up the Twitter, Facebook, email, etc. requests. It can't hurt, and it only takes a few seconds of your time.

Thank you!

ShinMaruku

By Modified he probably means no Marie Rose. :E

He's also fucking with people. It was always coming to the West. You guys are being trolled by him. XD

ShinMaruku

I love when I said DOA got the booty engine nobody believed me now you see it. I tell ya it's coming to the West, you guys are listening to Hayashi's bullshit dev talk. Then he say "I hear we have fans wanting this in the west where they buy most of our dlc but we can't make it for them with modifications
"

You guys must be new to his mad talk.

ShinMaruku

Dont follow the poll. Lisa was announced with DOAX and she's always Zack's rep on that island. Helena is also a close friend of Zack. You guys are being trolled. XD

Endo Punk

oh man that poll. Japan loves Japanese characters. How can you even take the japanese market seriously when you are obviously going to cater to a global audience.

ShinMaruku

oh man that poll. Japan loves Japanese characters. How can you even take the japanese market seriously when you are obviously going to cater to a global audience.

Most of the cast is not Japanese though. :p Hitomi and Kokoro count as both. Marie is Swedish
Making her Sony Europe's mascot
everybody else is from either the US or Europe. Lisa and Tina being Yanks Helena,Mila,Christie,Hitomi Rachel are Europeans. And Lady Kstoute comes from kstouteland.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Oh, lame. They are just using the graphics from DOA5.

Although i guess that is to be expected considering the novelty of this title. I think doax/2 used the models from DOA3 as well..

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
No Mila on that list? You dumb, Japan.

There's demand for non modified version.
I don't know why anyone in western society would feel particularly slighted at the absence of a clearly underage (but not really underage see it says she's 18 *wink wink*) loli-bait character like Marie Rose in their voyeuristic swimsuit galavanting game.

But I have my suspicions.

ShinMaruku

Though in 5 she is aged up so that she's over 18. But in the first Dead or Alive she was either 15 or 16, Kasumi not much older than that.

Indeed. Marie is still older than her. Team Ninja made her to troll the hell out of people.
Misty is 1 year older than Ayane.

Both of Ayane's sisters are older than her.

Hayashi has got to be trolling.
I'm cool with the VF characters not making an appearance. Hell, I'd actually prefer that.
But only 9? With most if not all of the characters I like (Tina, Lisa, Mila, etc) not making the cut?

Bullshit.

Top Bottom