• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 confirmed for PS4/PSVita

The themes are up in EU btw. 2,99€ each

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...THEMESANDWALLS|platform~ps4|release_date~desc

(EU PSN link, log out of your US account or use incognito mode if it doesn't work)

rgGQ0Z1.png

I feel like a new thread needs to be made specifically about it only coming to the West if 'the demand is high enough', with the petition link, links to Koei Tecmo profiles, etc. Or at least a mod should update the title.

prwxv3

Once again Japanese pubs don't need the xbone to sell their games to the west now (excluding games like MGS, RE, ect that will sell well on xbone).

raven777

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...THEMESANDWALLS|platform~ps4|release_date~desc

(EU PSN link, log out of your US account or use incognito mode if it doesn't work)

Hayashi is genius. The theme sales will skyrocket in Japan as fans buy themes for character they want to see in DOAX3.

A year later Hayashi will release a separate release containing all the girls who didn't get in the cut. They will release it as separate disc and say "hey this is not a DLC!"

As someone already mentioned before, this game really feels like something Team Ninja are going to knock out for cheap with recycled DOA5LR assets. I'm hoping for a texture upgrade, but I'm not holding my breath now.

mao2

Hayashi is genius. The theme sales will skyrocket in Japan as fans buy themes for character they want to see in DOAX3.

A year later Hayashi will release a separate release containing all the girls who didn't get in the cut. They will release it as separate disc and say "hey this is not a DLC!"
Heh can't wait for the Ultimate and Last Round versions.

Griss

If Helena doesn't make it into this game... ugh.

If honkers gets in and Helena doesn't I'll be none too thrilled.

Precisely what I was talking about. Honkers is terrible, Helena, Mila and Christie are the hottest yet they have no chance :(

3 euros to vote?!? My god Hayashi, you evil fucking...

... well, beaten.

I imagine the themes are going to be paid then? Also the game must not even be in development yet eh

Nah, since they're using DoA5 models it's just a case of choosing which models to put into the game. All models are similar enough to be able to use the same animations. No reason they couldn't be getting close to finishing the game already.

No Xbox One? Is this a joke?

Well, if you look at how poorly the XBO is doing in Japan and how little Japanese games sell on the console, it's not surprising at all.

OT: I was excited at first, but when I started reading that characters will be limited and the NA version will be "adjusted", eh :S

Andrefpvs

However, I'm ready for a 3rd dive into "Lesbian Undertone Volleyball Game & Amusement Park Dating Simulator Buy Her Shit to Make Her Like Me & Hope and Pray She'll Accept the Shit I Give Her Because I Wrapped It In a Bow and Put It In the Same Color Box I Know She Likes and Reset the Game When She Doesn't So Then I Can Move On to the Next Girl & Repeat This Same Process Because I Have a Point to Prove: The Game!"

Oh my

Endo Punk

Will skip if they are just going to rehash old tech. Sure the character models are great but they still need the current upgrade especially the backgrounds which are an eyesore.

In that case the claim of 'No DLC' is pure bullshit. The character models are done and ready to go. There is absolutely no reason at all not to include them.

Anyway, my guesses as to who makes the cut / who doesn't. (Bearing in mind it's Japan voting, right?)

Makes the cut (in no order)
1. Kasumi
2. Ayane
3. Hitomi
4. Leifang
5. Kokoro
6. Momiji
7. Marie Rose
8. Honoka
9. Nyotengu

Misses out:
Tina
Lisa
Helena
Rachel
Christie
Mila
Phase-4 (clone, probably not votable)
Alpha (lol)

Totally not what I'd choose, but let's see.

no mila, lisa, or christie would make me sad

the Venus swimsuit was Lisa's in the first place! Crimes are being committed!

Endo Punk

Lisa not making cut would suck. A female roster with no dark women is insane! DOAX3 should introduce another one.

If it doesnt include Lisa and Mila i wont even bother.

Kudo

Can someone take pictures of the Marie Rose Ps4 theme? I'll probably buy that if it's cool.
Honoka and Nyotengu would be appreciated too.

I am genuinely curious what leads to a decision like this? Is it just another example of them leaving money on the table or is the asia only thing really playing a factor here? since they know xb1 is not really strong in asia right now they just figured they would pass?

"Not really strong in Asia" is beyond an understatement. The Xbone has sold less than 60k in Japan, it's deader than dead. A release would be near impossible to break even on if they're wary of bringing it west.

Lol Wow no xbox one version? The first two games were Xbox only titles (if Paradise counts) and it doesn't even get a port. Then again it is japan only so thats probably why.

This week's magazine, Hayashi talks about Western version

"The majority of the fans for this franchise is in Japan and Asia so that's why we decided to release it only for Japan and Asia. But if there are many requests from western fans, we will consider releasing a modified version for the west."
Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

"The majority of the fans for this franchise is in Japan and Asia so that's why we decided to release it only for Japan and Asia. But if there are many requests from western fans, we will consider releasing a modified version for the west."

me no happy

Am I the only one who feels this was a missed opportunity to come back in a big way?.

Only a certain number of characters.
Reused assets.
No planned DLC for additional content.
"Modified" version for the west.

Meh on this whole thing I expected better.

eMpTy23

modified how

EDIT: Famitsu mention "no plans for DLC"

more at gematsu

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/dead-alive-xtreme-3-might-come-west-demand-high-enough

I actually am pretty disappointed by some of that.

9 characters in the game? Some people will have their favorite left out. Mine is Lisa, and I doubt she will be one of the Popular 9.

Adjustments for the non-JP versions? Again, just sounds like something negative. I'll probably really want whatever is left out.

And, no plans for DLC... I don't like how they only sold DLC in giant bundles on Steam, but I like having the option and would definitely spend a decent amount on DLC if available in smaller purchases. Cosmetic DLC can add longevity to the game IMO.

Right or wrong, I just get the feeling not much work will be put into the game after reading some of that. I think a game like this has incredible fun-potential if they did mini-games well and created some sort of online system for people to play with others.

Am I the only one who feels this was a missed opportunity to come back in a big way?.

Only a certain number of characters.
Reused assets.
No planned DLC for additional content.
"Modified" version for the west.

Meh on this whole thing I expected better.

Like the first 2 games it's a cash in. Why waste money putting a bunch of effort into it when you can sell it on mediocre gameplay and lewdness?

Kinyou

modified?

wGFvaqM.gif

Sulik2

Like the first 2 games it's a cash in. Why waste money putting a bunch of effort into it when you can sell it on mediocre gameplay and lewdness?

The first game was actually a really good volleyball game. I would love to get an actual sequel to that.

Top Bottom