• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

Anyone else considering playing this in Nightmare mode right off the bat? I'm a bit concerned about the removal of the timer as I loved the constant pressure in the last games so might go straight for it

That's what I planned to do too if I ever get the game but honestly the "hardcore/old school" difficulty modes are often unbalanced or just unfair. If you begin to see that it's plain bullshit a few hours in I suggest you start from scratch on normal, it's probably not going to get better.

I was about to buy this on amazon but i really thought it looked boring on the reviews? Seemed like one of the good launch titles and not available on PS4.

Is it worth it??Never played previous dead rising games so i ask.

Thanks

So you think your going to be able to get a copy on lauch?

Yeah, the copy will be easy enough...I just need to find an XB1 that's available for free sale. I've got an potential in with my local Game, they'll let me know if there are any tomorrow night and will let me put down a deposit to guarantee one for Friday morning. Also seems like my local John Lewis might have some free stock too.

I'll know for sure from both tomorrow...I've got everything crossed.

Alfredo

Apparently you unlock a
Mega Man X costume
for beating the game and the
X-Buster
for beating it on Nightmare.

I wonder...is there an equivalent of Zombie Genocider in the game?

T.O.P

Banned
Does anyone have a clue if the game is Multi language or not and if theres an option in game to change it?

I need to decide if i want to set my X1 to IT or UK

freakin Italian dub *pukes*

Does anyone have a clue if the game is Multi language or not and if theres an option in game to change it?

I need to decide if i want to set my X1 to IT or UK

freakin Italian dub *pukes*

I don't think DR3 will be dubbed to other languages such as italian or spanish

Timu

So...many...zombies, screens I took.

a696f392_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-08-44-896.png

779ef935_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-09-14-052.png

99b7fcff_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-18-14-278.png

TwiztidElf

How do you take screenshots with the XBone?
I gotta say. Loving DR3. So far, I think this will be my GOTY over GTA5 and TLoU.

Warewolf

I'm tapped out on next Gen funds with Forza 5, but between this thread and Giant Bomb's quick look I am definitely sold on my second retail Xbox One game. Loving the OT.

Dont forget if your TV is set to HDMI Full to match that setting on the console.

Also, the smart glass thing is nice. I like how it calls me but if i turn off the app will i get them calls in game? How do I check in with that guy if not trough my real phone?

derFeef

If you have to turn up the gamma that high to get rid of black crush you need to check your HDMI settings, it should not be that dark.
Black crush has nothing to do with art style...

This demonstrates black crush pretty well - it's clear what image is the correct one.

CryptiK

If you have to turn up the gamma that high to get rid of black crush you need to check your HDMI settings, it should not be that dark.
Black crush has nothing to do with art style...

This demonstrates black crush pretty well - it's clear what image is the correct one.

Its not a HDMI setting problem unfortunately its the games art style.

Playing nightmare mode my first time through. I'm finding I don't have time to stop and look around, the zombies are too deadly lol

malfcn

Getting this but may need to delay playing it. Was playing DR2 but never finished because I got sucked into new console hype.

Wereroku

i envy all of you, Dead rising was my favorite IP from last gen. i hope i get a chance to play it with out owning an xbone

Probably not going to happen unless the XBO sells really badly or DR3 sells really badly. Then you may see a pc version or the worlds most unlikely chance of seeing a DR3 sigma. I would not hold my breath for it though.

Wow this game is great!! I was worried it had lost the dead rising charm but it's definitely still there.

Make sure to play on Nightmare mode your first time through if you are an OG DR fan.

Parts of the game look real good as well.

Sooo good. banderas.gif

The first gang boss fight was great as well, good design and not overally difficult like boss fights from older dead risings.

Looks like there are lots of combo weapons and unique animations as well

DJwest

I've never played a Dead Rising game before because they looked so bland to me. I even downloaded DR2 for free on XBL games with gold but I'm yet to try it. DR3 however caught my attention from day1, it looks great. I just need to know, how is the mission structure? Are the objectives varied? All I see in gameplay videos are people free roaming with no purpose other than to decimate legions of zombies. Howa are the story missions like ?

KDC720

I've never played a Dead Rising game before because they looked so bland to me. I even downloaded DR2 for free on XBL games with gold but I'm yet to try it. DR3 however caught my attention from day1, it looks great. I just need to know, how is the mission structure? Are the objectives varied? All I see in gameplay videos are people free roaming with no purpose other than to decimate legions of zombies. Howa are the story missions like ?

If DR3 is anything like the other games, than the missions really are not the high point. Most of them boil down to "go to this area" watch a cutscene, then maybe fight a boss to progress the story.

Most of the fun comes from messing around tbh.

DJwest

If DR3 is anything like the other games, than the missions really are not the high point. Most of them boil down to "go to this area" watch a cutscene, then maybe fight a boss to progress the story.

Most of the fun comes from messing around tbh.
Not what I wanted yo hear, but thanks, will probably get it next year with the Xbox One.

Gamejunky

Where do I bring survivors? I've got this girl following me around and would like to drop her off somewhere without having to worry about her.

Alfredo

Now that I know that there's apparently still a timer in the standard game (just hella long), I have to know: does the game still have scheduled side missions? Like in the first game, the clown psycho didn't spawn until 9 PM the first day. Is it still like that?

The Flash

Banned
This thread is real slow for the best launch game this gen.

Two plausible scenarios

1. People are busy playing the game.
2. Not as many people on Gaf are interested in this game because it's only 720p and has frame rate issues.

I'd like to get this game but I also want to be able to play it first before I spend 60 bucks on it. Wish there were demos in the store.

Top Bottom