• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 Announced (XB1/PC, Holiday 2016) Gameplay Trailer

Then can you please explain what them just saying just "for XB1 and W10" without the word exclusive means because the interpretation seems to be what we're trying to figure out. Their lack of "exclusive" implies it could also be coming to PS4 and/or Steam. Also, the condescension is not necessary.
What they said means it is coming out on XB1 and Win 10. It has not been stated it if is exclusive to these platforms and vendors. Therefore it could be coming to anything. Ps4, Steam, Origin, GOG, NX whatever. There was no mention of any exclusivity.

vg260

We'll probably have to wait for a Capcom PR for exactly what other platforms it's coming to.

If it's not an exclusive, I can't imagine it not coming to Steam at least.

KDC720

So a sequel and not a remake, interesting. DR3 was like 20 years after the first one, which would mean DR4 takes place before that. Doesn't explain why Frank looks like he's been sipping from the holy grail, but I guess we just have to roll with it.

papo

I'm glad we are getting a new game. This is one of those few franchises that is just pure fun for me. Similar to Mirrors Edge. Could care less about the story or anything when the game is so fun.

I said it in the conference thread but is it weird that I might actually buy a Dead Rising game because of the Christmastime setting?

Ck2onCgWkAETJJ_.jpg:large
Xbox One Exclusive

source: https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/742434906706464768

amardilo

Did they say if it is a Play Anywhere title?

I liked Dead Rising 3 so if this is more of the same I'll probably get it day one but would really like to be able to play it on multiple platforms and for my save to carry over.

I don't own a PC but after MS announcing so many games of theirs will be on PC too as well as the announcements of Dawn of War 3 and Civ VI I'm seriously considering getting one.

Santar

Disappointed that they seem to be continuing down the super crazy over the top route from Dead Rising 3. Much preferred the tone of the first game before they went completely over the top.

LewieP

People complaining about PS4 owners wanting to know about the nature of the exclusivity should direct their complaints toward Capcom.

W.S.

Ok so it seems it's console exclusive but will come to Steam.

I think this is the case so they can't really say "Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive" but then again Microsoft's been very liberal with the usage of the word exclusive for a while now.

Kusagari

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for all this confusion is because MS gave them the leeway to sell it on Steam as well(which won't be covered under the program).

Top Bottom