• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 Announced (XB1/PC, Holiday 2016) Gameplay Trailer

speedomodel

Seems like a Timed Exclusive - per Major's blog:

Biggest Lineup Comes To Xbox One And Windows 10:
Ark: Survival Evolved (First On Xbox One And Windows 10)
Battlefield 1 (Electronic Arts)
Dead Rising 4 (World Premiere)
Final Fantasy Xv (Square Enix)
Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive — World Premiere)
Gears Of War 4 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive)
Gwent (World Premiere Of Closed Beta On Xbox One And Windows 10)
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive)
Inside (First On Xbox One)
Minecraft (Realms And Add-Ons)
Recore (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive)
Sea Of Thieves (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive)
State Of Decay 2 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive, World Premiere)
Scalebound (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive)
Tacoma (First On Xbox One And Windows 10)
Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc)
Tom Clancy’s The Division – Expansion I: Underground (Ubisoft)
We Happy Few (First To Console On Xbox One)

dead-rising-4-box-art-555x725.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

j_abdi

Neo Member
Is the box art actually official? I mean I don't know. I through that console exclusives said that in the box, like Quantum Break. And that fully exclusives said “Only on Xbox”.

I am so bored of Frank.

I like Frank! But I think Dead Rising worked better as a "new character per game" thing. Remaking Dead Rising 2 with Frank - okay, whatever, reuse the assets and fix the end game, I guess. Just straight up bringing him back for Dead Rising 4? Ugh.

Grief.exe

Since Capcom is a third party partner, I doubt Dead Rising 4 would be exclusive to the Win 10 Store.

Likely dual UWP/Win32 releases on the Win Store and Steam respectively similarly to Tomb Raider.

xviper

Dead Rising 4 and Forza horizon 3 are the only new announced games that i'm looking forward to, This E3 so far is beyond horrible, no new games at all, hopefully Sony saves this E3

I was just joshing around. I meant that IMO there are a lot of fanboys out there that need to know whether to start hating on it or not.

It shouldn't matter if a game is something you can play or not. That shouldn't detract from the game being good but I feel like that is what happens a lot on all sides.

farisr

Seems like a Timed Exclusive - per Major's blog:
Dead Rising 4 (World Premiere)...
Inside (First On Xbox One)
World premiere just means it's the first time the game's been revealed. The Inside listing is what a timed exclusive would look like.

I had been saying before that if Dead Rising 4 is basically a retelling of 1/reboot, it'd be a big missed opportunity for Capcom to not have it on PS4 as well, unless of course MS funded the project. Looks like that's not the case at all here.

TsuWave

I was just joshing around. I meant that IMO there are a lot of fanboys out there that need to know whether to start hating on it or not.

It shouldn't matter if a game is something you can play or not. That shouldn't detract from the game being good but I feel like that is what happens a lot on all sides.

i think most just want to know if they should be excited at the possibility of playing it since not everyone can or wants to buy another console

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Hope it is good, the franchise has been trash since day one and I keep buying them since I'm a sucker for zombies.

If I had to guess it's probably because it is coming to steam. They couldn't call it a XBO/W10 exclusive so they just said releasing on.

They said "co-publishing" specifically in the Keighly interview. So that situation seems most likely? (Although was TR considered co-published?)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They said "co-publishing" specifically in the Keighly interview. So that situation seems most likely? (Although was TR considered co-published?)

Did light digging, and it seems that was the case, unless this is bunk. Confirmation came from Greenberg again though.

Don't know what to feel right now. Not going to get excited without explicit confirmation though. Bad for the soul.

yurinka

From MS's official press release. So who knows.

compared to
As I remember it was the only game of the MS that had in its banner "Available on Xbox One and Windows 10" or something like that instead of "Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive". Seems that it isn't an exclusive, at least a full exclusive. Is it a timed exclusive like Tomb Raider maybe?

Wereroku

As I remember it was the only game of the MS that had in its banner "Available on Xbox One and Windows 10" or something like that instead of "Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive". Seems that it isn't an exclusive, at least a full exclusive. Is it a timed exclusive like Tomb Raider maybe?

No I think maybe it is coming to steam and they didn't want to have to highlight that. This wording allows them to just mention their platforms. But who the hell knows I still haven't heard any of them call it console exclusive just that they are publishing the XBO/W10 versions. Maybe there will be another Steam/PS4 version called DR4 Sigma. I doubt it though just get it on one of the other platforms.

Top Bottom