• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising being remastered for PS4/XBO/PC, DR2 and OTR to PS4/XBO

yyr

Quite honestly I'd have been fine with just having the first one be BC. But this is great news.

Dead Rising and Dead Rising 3 have never appeared on Sony platforms. Dead Rising 4 will also start life as an XBO console exclusive.

I don't think it's unfair to say it's considered an Xbox brand in the minds of the masses.

This makes as much sense to me as "Tekken is a PlayStation franchise." In other words, it makes no sense to me.

The only franchises that "belong" to a console are those that are published by the console maker. Everything else is just a third-party franchise. I, personally, am glad that I can enjoy Tekken on my Xbox consoles, and I have no problem with folks enjoying DeadRising 1 on something besides an Xbox. (And besides, Tekken was in arcades first...if anything, it's an arcade franchise!)

random posts complaining about DR1's timer

If Infinity Mode was unlocked from the start, maybe there wouldn't be so much complaining. I'm guessing that the majority (but not all) of the folks complaining now would then do this:

1) Buy the game, which is good for the franchise
2) Go to Infinity Mode right off the bat
3) Say "wow! I'm so glad the timer is gone!"
4) Have fun for a few hours and then realize that there isn't as much game as they'd hoped
5) Give normal mode a fair shot.

Since they're already familiar with the mechanics, the combat, and the mall layout, these former complainers will have a much easier time dealing with the normal game's restrictions...and might then realize that having those restrictions (such as the timer) isn't quite as bad as they thought.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully this means PC, not Windows 10 store. DR1 was super fun.

Kind of sucks that all Capcom has left is a low budget RE7, DR4, and a truckload of re-releases.

kunonabi

Dead Rising coming to PS4 brings me down to exactly 2 reasons to turn on my X360. No problem double dipping if it's just a straight port but I'd love if they would fix the respawning convicts.

SkylineRKR

latest

oh god, not them again :(

Those fucks respawned.

TSM

DR1 is the best one right, with timer etc.

Looking forward to 60fps.

I'm hoping for an uncapped frame rate, but we haven't gotten any real details yet.

People need to ask for uncapped frame rates. Once you get a 120hz+ display you start going "Ugh, why is this game capped at 60 fps?" If they are going to do it, they should do it right.

This makes as much sense to me as "Tekken is a PlayStation franchise." In other words, it makes no sense to me.

The only franchises that "belong" to a console are those that are published by the console maker. Everything else is just a third-party franchise. I, personally, am glad that I can enjoy Tekken on my Xbox consoles, and I have no problem with folks enjoying DeadRising 1 on something besides an Xbox. (And besides, Tekken was in arcades first...if anything, it's an arcade franchise!)

I don't care who plays it.

The original post I quoted said all the Dead Rising games have eventually come to other platforms, I (along with another poster) merely pointed out that wasn't true.

You also can't ignore the fact that third-party games like Dead Rising, Tomb Raider and Tekken all have a lineage which aligns them with specific brands.

Dead Rising has always been associated with Xbox - that's all I was saying.

Not a pair of games I would have expected Capcom to be remastering any time soon, but I will definitely check the first game out. I played the second and quite enjoyed it.

Please though Capcom, stop mucking around and give us Dragon's Dogma Remastered on current gen. Who do I need to seduce to make this happen?!

I'm most interested in Case West and Case Zero.

DR2 was a multiplatform game yet these tow DLC's always stayed on Xbox.

Even Dead Rising 1 had a Wii version on the RE4 engine. Case West and Zero were the two exclusive pieces of DR content.

I think Dead Rising became a much more boring series the more they de-emphasized timing and schedule.

don't forget the increased emphasis on combo weapons

it was at its best when you were turning actual household objects into weapons themselves. Combining them to form unrealistic weapons kinda defeated the point.

Gren

I'm most interested in Case West and Case Zero.

DR2 was a multiplatform game yet these tow DLC's always stayed on Xbox.

Even Dead Rising 1 had a Wii version on the RE4 engine. Case West and Zero were the two exclusive pieces of DR content.

That's true. Pound for pound, I actually loved Case West more than either of the full-blown versions of DR2. Just seeing the chemistry between Chuck & Frank was great.

Yazuka

Possible, but not very likely due to Marvel's MO with certain IP's (X-Men namely) right now.
I read somewhere that they are allowed to release older games, like Ultimate Alliance 2. They cannot however make any new games with certain IP's.

Really liking forward to get back into the first Dead Rising. Hope it will allow me to play my own music ingame. Since some games on PS4 doesn't allow that. Not even with the usb music player. -_-

wbacon

Capcom USA
Digital only or also on disc? Hope you can answer me this! thanks

We'll have full info dump on release timing, price, format, features, etc., in the not too distant future.

Today we can only confirm that these titles are real and they're coming out for the respective platforms confirmed today.

I would loooove to share more but it'll have to wait. Sorry! :)

Grief.exe

DR1 is the best one right, with timer etc.

Looking forward to 60fps.

Yes, DR1 was the best game. They somewhat lost sight of what made DR1 compelling and unique in the sequels.

We'll have full info dump on release timing, price, format, features, etc., in the not too distant future.

Today we can only confirm that these titles are real and they're coming out for the respective platforms confirmed today.

I had a feeling this was coming to PC as well and grabbed the multiplatform OT yesterday when the rumor dropped.

Can't say anything about Case Zero and Case West?

KingBroly

Banned
I read somewhere that they are allowed to release older games, like Ultimate Alliance 2. They cannot however make any new games with certain IP's.

Really liking forward to get back into the first Dead Rising. Hope it will allow me to play my own music ingame. Since some games on PS4 doesn't allow that. Not even with the usb music player. -_-

Primarily, they'd have to re-license the game

Second, it'd have to be ported to additional platforms

Third, and this is KEY, the game needs to be re-balanced. BADLY. To Capcom, even if you get past those first 2 hurdles, this one is probably not worth it and won't make the investment worthwhile. What made Marvel 3 a PITA to balance was Marvel basically had creative control over balancing on their own characters. That's going to have to be loosened if it were to happen, but I can't see Marvel giving up that kind of control when they are actively trying to gain more control of their IP's. And to players? If you don't re-balance it, the game's not going anywhere.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Timer's fine, but DR desperately needs some tweaks to the companion AI. You have to babysit way too much to keep people alive.

Yazuka

Primarily, they'd have to re-license the game

Second, it'd have to be ported to additional platforms

Third, and this is KEY, the game needs to be re-balanced. BADLY. To Capcom, even if you get past those first 2 hurdles, this one is probably not worth it and won't make the investment worthwhile. What made Marvel 3 a PITA to balance was Marvel basically had creative control over balancing on their own characters. That's going to have to be loosened if it were to happen, but I can't see Marvel giving up that kind of control when they are actively trying to gain more control of their IP's. And to players? If you don't re-balance it, the game's not going anywhere.
Yeah, I understand there are more hurdles to overcome and wouldn't be worth it. Would probably be easier for them to make a MvsC4 than putting the old game.

FLD

Oh, nice to see this confirmed already! The original Dead Rising's absence on PC has always sucked. Glad to hear I'll finally be able to play it after all those years.

One thing I'm loving about this remaster craze is when it leads to these older games finally getting PC ports. First there was Shadow Complex. The original BioShock is also finally getting a (presumably) non-shit port through the BioShock collection. And now Dead Rising, too. Wonder what'll be next.

Since the cat's now out of the bag, yes, DR1 is coming to XB1, PS4, and PC (Steamworks).

In addition, DR2 and DR2:OTR is coming to XB1 and PS4. (PC already has them)

We'll have more info later :)

I've bought a copy of every game in the series on every platform they've been released on day 1 and I'll be re-buying DR1/DR2:OTR/(Case West & Zero if they come out) on every platform day 1 again to support you guys for having faith in one of the best franchises I've ever played.

PC (Steamworks only, never buying anything on W10 store ever) is my preferred platform and what I'll actually be playing DR1 on so I really appreciate you guys realizing that there's a market for this franchise on this platform :)

Also huge thank you for bringing the game to PC, while I'm buying 1 copy of every re-release on each platform, I'll be picking up at least 5 PC copies for myself and friends since I said that if it ever came to PC I would do everything I could to support it and I couldn't be happier to do so.

Dont quote me on it, but i think i remember reading in the backwards compat thread for xbox one that both case west and case zero were in the testing phase. Take that as you will. Its been a long time since I read that, I wonder if they were dropped from bc to be added here

Hope the game is fixed in DR2 so
REBECCA DOESNT FUCKING DIE TO SOME ASSHOLE

They fixed it, it was called Of The Record.

Also, thank fuck my guess about DR1 being a Windows Store exclusive was wrong. Looking forward to it. Hope it's as good a port as you'd expect from an MT Framework game.

eso76

Still unclear how much of an upgrade (if any) this will be getting, right ?
Frame rate and resolution bump is probably the only thing were getting, realistically

Top Bottom