• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space IGN Review

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I really want to try this game out but I'm worried it will be too scary for me.

scaredbaby300.jpg

Cant wait to pick up my copy next week

eve241

boco77 said:
Only 8.7?
Wasnt it getting "better than RE4" type reviews in other places?

It will be good but RE5 will walk all over it.

As far as actually being scary is concerned....I wouldn't really bet....

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
raYne said:
Why do you people always do this?

Buy a wired 360 controller and use it on your PC.

Well I was thinking of the audio since my pc isn't hooked to home theater system (already have an htpc hooked to it). Both the PS3 & 360 would be an improvement in the audio department, the ps3 more so but I like the 360 controller more.

ampere

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Nice score, I had it figured in the lower 8's at best. Keep forgetting this is THE NEW EA!. :D

Definite buy, day one.
It's so weird to see creative, well-made, new IPs from EA.
I still can't believe it. I think I'm going to buy both this and Mirror's Edge.

ampere

TheExodu5 said:
You can't change difficulty on replays? WTF!?
Oh so you want to beat it on easy and gear up, then whizz through hard?
Not going to happen.

Draft said:
If I'm reading this right, it's exactly like Resident Evil 4's new game +. You can't new game + from normal into professional. You have to beat professional once "for real" and now you have a game you can redo while keeping your gear and weapons.
Yeah, that's how it should be. I can't believe people (and IGN) are complaining about this.

gbovo

a Master Ninja said:
Sorry if this is already common knowledge, but will there be a demo?
I'd like to know this. I'm interested in the game, but I need a demo to decide if it's a definitie "buy" or not.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This looks and sounds freaking awesome. MGS4 has been the only game I've picked up for the PS3 so far, but this and Bioshock are probably going to be added quickly.

Sean

Banned
Getting both Dead Space and SR2 at Toys R Us next week, the buy 2 get one free sale :D that's the plan anyway, hopefully they actually have those in stock.

Really excited for this game.

Excellent news, but probably won't pick it at launch. I'll wait instead to read impressions from the GAF elite in the official thread (dark10x, et al) to determine which is the superior version for multi-console owners, since the controller nor achievements mean anything to me.

Doel

sublime085 said:
Fuck those sequels man!

You gotta support the new IPs!
Firstly, I run a SOCOM site and podcast, so clearly I'm going to buy that no matter what :p. And Saint's Row is my most played 360 game to date, so 2 is a no brainer.

Dead Space is an EA franchise. It'll do just fine.

Doel said:
Bad timing.

Already getting SOCOM and Saint's Row 2 for sure on the 14th. Can't justify a 3rd game.

Im getting into the dangerous zone of getting all three. My freetime is nonexistant. Im thinking about taking a vacation day just to play everything.

ultron87

Damnit, I really shouldn't buy this on tuesday. I really should just wait to buy anything until Fallout 3. But this looks really really fun and this positive review isn't helping. Oh well, I don't need money anyways.

Though I'm sure this will freak the hell out of me constantly.

newsguy

Eltacoman said:
Dead Space + Saints Row 2 same day=sex.
Little Big Planet + Fallout 3=sex.
All 4=wallet crying.

TOYS R US B2G1free you crazy motherfucks!!!!!!!!!! The economy is in shambles, get free shit!

HugBasket

Banned
guy is an idiot

IGN-san said:
instead of being a meaningless fetch quest, it's completely plausible that you'd have to return to one area you've previously moved through once you discover that one vital piece of equipment you need to fix something is stored there

then what is it?

also, not sure if this was cleared up but there are four difficulty levels.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
HugBasket said:
guy is an idiot

"instead of being a meaningless fetch quest, it's completely plausible that you'd have to return to one area you've previously moved through once you discover that one vital piece of equipment you need to fix something is stored there"

then what is it?
Bwahaha :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AllGamer said:
Any difference between PS3 and 360 version?
Getting the PS3 version here. The IGN videos look great. If it looked significantly worse I would've got the 360 version but I think it's safe to buy for PS3 on this one.

Haunted

I'm there, October 20.

I wanted to say that the best sound design this year will go to de Blob (so awesome), but the space sections in Dead Space.... so impressed when I first saw/heard that. I already know that this will be one of the highlights of the game for me.

afternoon delight said:

I have full faith in the game, but after they gave Silent Hill H a 6.7, and GTA the TENTON, I'm waiting for GAF Official thread for impressions.
Yeah, it's kinda weird that I tend to trust us Gaffer's more than a professional who gets paid...kinda weird but I dunno.

I think we are all kinda the same and we can love and well most of the time hate on stuff without any reservations and thats when real emotions and you get a true sense of what the game is actually like. Sometimes I almost feel that I kind of have a disconnect with many of the bigger site and mag reviews at times.

JdFoX187

Banned
Can't wait, already have mine preordered. They sent me the code for the Scorpion suit, but it doesn't work when I put it in :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I remember everyone being down on this game when it was first revealed. Glad to see the faith has likely paid off. Sure purchase

Movement

newsguy said:
TOYS R US B2G1free you crazy motherfucks!!!!!!!!!! The economy is in shambles, get free shit!

Isn't that only next week though? Little Big Planet is the next week and Fallout the next!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Horror overload this month. The chilling commercial is making me hyped. I get a Event Horizon vibe from it.

raYne

FYI Dead Space will be on Gametrailers TV (on Spike) at 1am Eastern.

Kadey said:
Horror overload this month. The chilling commercial is making me hyped. I get a Event Horizon vibe from it.
Saw it earlier for the first time as well. Very nice.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So ready for this...

raYne said:
FYI Dead Space will be on Gametrailers TV (on Spike) at 1am Eastern.

Thanks for the head's up. Spike HD joined my cable provider lineup just today. Great timing.

Top Bottom