• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake |OT| Dead Face lift

R6Rider

Gold Member
It's is the only option.....
1960566522vintage-hypnotic-spiral-mesmerize-you-gif.gif
hypnotic futurama GIF

-
Seems the devs are aware of the PS5 issue:
From Reddit:
Yes PS5 user here, got the digital copy. Performance mode looks ugly as hell. Quality mode looks better but still not so good, it's playable but you can see lots of low quality textures and muddiness. Check the launch thread posted by the EA rep, lots of similar complaints there and they are investigating it.

Other users who had the game early have confirmed that this issue only happened after yesterday's patch and only on PS5.

That just sealed the deal. I'll play it without the latest patch until it's fixed.

Luipadre

Thank god i dodged a bullet here. Almost preordered on PS5. I saw bunch of similar pics, game just looks so weird

skneogaf

You can get Atmos for Headphones on Windows (and the license is cross-platform with Xbox as well). The console supports that as well as normal Atmos through HT speakers.

I have both dolby atmos and dts X license but I use a 7.2.4 home theatre system so I was asking about actual dolby atmos or object based sound as I don't use headphones, I know about the headphone audio stuff like Windows sonic, atmos and dts X but it isn't the same thing as what I want.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Quality mode is still bugged, just not as bad as Performance.
Yeah I can see it, but the point was the person I quoted posted a picture with no context.
Just this PS5 GFX.
hence my confusion.
No it makes sense.
On top of that I've switched it over to performance mode and......wow.
Why does it look like a compressed YouTube video that someone converted to 60fps 😂

Hugare

I'd say it's on par with Alien Isolation, nowhere near Callisto.
Btw what do you mean the PS5 image didn't load?
I was joking, that resolution was so low that it looked like the original DS

Yeah, its nowhere near Callisto. But its an improvement from the original (of course), and seems like they've improved many other things, so all good.

Dont know why its next gen exclusive, tho. It really doesnt look next gen.

Watched ElAnalistadeBits video and seems like its 1044p common on next gen consoles in performance mode. Yikes.

Dont know why the game seems so heavy on consoles. On PC looks like it was really optimized.

A 3060 getting 60+ FPS on 1080p with RT and no DLSS

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah I can see it, but the point was the person I quoted posted a picture with no context.
Just this PS5 GFX.
hence my confusion.
No it makes sense.
On top of that I've switched it over to performance mode and......wow.
Why does it look like a compressed YouTube video that someone converted to 60fps 😂
It's also weird that some people seem to have no issues while others have it really bad.

About to see for myself in a few hours.

• Strength
Reactions: TGO

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm also seeing some people mention similar issues on Xbox when it comes to visuals.

Turning off film grain makes it look a lot better. I always turn that off too.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Finding the Dead Space remake a little too hard? We’re here with 22 essential tips and tricks to help you survive the U.S.S. Ishimura.

In this Dead Space guide, we go over some of the best weapons to use for different scenarios, how to handle upgrades, and how to use stasis and kinesis to their full potential. Isaac Clark needs to stomp, shoot, and even punch his way through every type of necromorph imaginable, so hopefully these Dead Space tips will save you a few grisly deaths.

BryceNobody

About an hour in and loving it so far. Wasn’t even planning on picking it up, but the strong reviews + hype train got me.

DualSense haptics have particularly impressed. Really well-integrated here.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

does anyone know if haptics are on pc too if use duelsense wired don’t have long enough usb c cable to check but would gladly get one if it’s possible

Drizzlehell

Banned
Best example of Dunning-Kruger I've seen in a long time. 😂
Not sure what you're referring to but I'm perfectly aware of some of the technical shortcomings of the console versions too. It's just that I don't care because the game looks good anyway and I'm having a blast playing it so far, instead of agonizing over some bullshit that apparently some folks ITT have been experiencing on PC.

SCB3

I'm an hour in, just got back to the Kellion and I'm loving it so far, Dead Space is one of my all time favorite games so this is a treat to go back to on PS5, especially with the 3D audio

R6Rider

Gold Member
does anyone know if haptics are on pc too if use duelsense wired don’t have long enough usb c cable to check but would gladly get one if it’s possible
It for sure doesn't have haptic or adaptive trigger support on PC.

It might have regular vibration, but I've heard both yes and no on this.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
OT title is just perfect 😹

I really hope that someone will work on a PC Mod to bring back the original faces/assets, especially Isaac, I'm too attached to them and can't pass on this huge mistake for this remake. Won't buy unless it's like 15€ for the curiosity... maybe.

Also, it should have been a trilogy remake, like with Mass Effect.

Still undecided how I feel about the new characters. They're definitely going for something different here but I'm not sure if it's an attempt to update it for modern audiences or if it's just a different take on them. For example, Kendra and Hammond do not bicker from the very first scene anymore, so it's not readily apparent that they don't trust each other. Right now they try to pass Kendra off as super competent and kinda compassionate, while Hammond is just a straight up cool muthafucka who keeps his shit together and knows exactly what to do. In the original they were very quick to bicker with each other, Kendra kept flipping out while Hammond had a rather short temper too but was clearly portrayed as the more competent and assertive of the two. All of that served to establish that neither of them are 100% trustworthy later in the game. In here it seems like maybe they want to bide their time before introducing this plot element? Idk, it's kinda strange and distracting in a way, lol.
It hurts to read that, what they have done... 🥴

This is really pure woke HELL 😵
The black character looks like a Fortnite caricature asset, WTF.

Last edited:
Game comes out and for whatever reason it looks super low res on ps5 in both modes, the dual sense is weak, and the base resolution in performance mode could be 1080p (2k?) ...

Yet all the reviews are glowing. So even if the resolution issues are indeed a bug, how much does that suck, to pay $70 and have to wait hoping the devs fix the bug in a somewhat timely manner? Ah the joys of AAA gaming

apowhungo

Game is incredible, playing on PS5 no issues at all (platted Callisto and ya the HDR was off for that, this is proper DARK).

If you're turned off that they changed unimportant characters' ethnicities then I seriously think you need to find a right-wing only gaming forum and just fuck off, but I do think people are just trolling cuz they're too poor to buy day 1.

Walk Away Over It GIF by Identity

edit: to the guy above saying dualsense is weak, mine feels like maybe the most intense of any game at times. check ur settings maybe you have rumble on baby mode
edit 2: ya this feels EASY on medium, wish I started first playthrough on hard. Impossible sounds like just that, fuck plat is gonna be hard.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Game comes out and for whatever reason it looks super low res on ps5 in both modes, the dual sense is weak, and the base resolution in performance mode could be 1080p (2k?) ...

Yet all the reviews are glowing. So even if the resolution issues are indeed a bug, how much does that suck, to pay $70 and have to wait hoping the devs fix the bug in a somewhat timely manner? Ah the joys of AAA gaming
In performance mode the the resolution is dynamic to maintain 60 FPS. I even observed that in some early locations the game looked noticeably sharper but as soon as you enter a more hardware-intensive scene, the resolution dips to maintain the framerate.

Apparently it rarely ever reaches 1080p, which kinda sucks but idk, to me it's passable. I'd rather use the performance mode for smooth gameplay because quality mode (30 FPS, stable 1440p resolution) feels a bit laggy to play.

TrebleShot

There is no fix for the ps5 low res, unless they can patch in extra GPU/CPU power, this game is VERY heavy on PC, 4090 NOT hitting 100fps for instance.
I really wish there was a PS5 pro cos Id much rather play on THERE but at the moment ill have to stick with PC, at least its only £15 (ea play pro then cancel lol)

Last edited:
Game is incredible, playing on PS5 no issues at all (platted Callisto and ya the HDR was off for that, this is proper DARK).

If you're turned off that they changed unimportant characters' ethnicities then I seriously think you need to find a right-wing only gaming forum and just fuck off, but I do think people are just trolling cuz they're too poor to buy day 1.

Walk Away Over It GIF by Identity

edit: to the guy above saying dualsense is weak, mine feels like maybe the most intense of any game at times. check ur settings maybe you have rumble on baby mode
Do u have physical or digital?

I havnt played yet I'm going on what others have said. I have the game pre ordered and downloaded on ps5 but gonna refund if all these resolution issues are true

In performance mode the the resolution is dynamic to maintain 60 FPS. I even observed that in some early locations the game looked noticeably sharper but as soon as you enter a more hardware-intensive scene, the resolution dips to maintain the framerate.

Apparently it rarely ever reaches 1080p, which kinda sucks but idk, to me it's passable. I'd rather use the performance mode for smooth gameplay because quality mode (30 FPS, stable 1440p resolution) feels a bit laggy to play.
Wtf how did fidelity mode drop from what was supposed to be 4k to 1440p and performance mode "2k" to 1080p? God damn I hate this industry. Also, how were previews all so glowing with none mentioning the low resolution IF it's not a bug?

xrnzaaas

edit 2: ya this feels EASY on medium, wish I started first playthrough on hard. Impossible sounds like just that, fuck plat is gonna be hard.
It's not that easy later on. Enemies take more damage than in the original before their limbs are cut off (it's very noticeable when using the plasma cutter) and there are more encounters in general.

With that said using the
ripper
definitely makes the game easier. It's a great weapon unless you're surrounded by necromorphs and can't focus on 1-2 enemies.

Edder1

Some critique towards the game:

• Facial animations and detail are dated, an area that stands out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the game. It feels like Motive purposefully cut corners in this area because the game wasn't going to have close up cinematic cutscenes. We've seen games that use Frostbite engine that are much more advanced In this area so no excuse for such poor delivery.

• Animations while moving are way off. Isaac's upper body stays in fixed position when he moves sideways as only his legs and lower body are moving at that point. Not sure how this didn't get fixed as it's been a problem since they first showed the game. Animations in general are not up to standard for a next gen game, not even up to standard compared to AAA releases of last gen.

• Ishimura just doesn't feel like a real space ship, it's just way too barren and doesn't give impression of people inhabiting it. It looks like some big factory and not a real place where people live and work for extended period of time. Some more furniture, equipment and variety could have given it a more natural look. I know the original was the same and even more barren, but this was mainly due to technical constraints which the remake cannot be excused for.

Last edited:

amigastar

It's nice that the remake has such a good score. Although it's not the most difficult thing to remake an already classic game. Callisto Protocol had it more difficult as a new ip.

TrebleShot

Wtf how did fidelity mode drop from what was supposed to be 4k to 1440p and performance mode "2k" to 1080p? God damn I hate this industry. Also, how were previews all so glowing with none mentioning the low resolution IF it's not a bug?
Apparantly, and I hope its true, the day one patch borked it and dropped res, but that would indicate the game is struggling on the main systems.
Its weird becuase its a linear game that doesnt look anything close to something like FW for instance.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Unpatched, just at the intro and can already see the weird visual bug.

You can actively see it change on the edges of the screen.

Last edited:

skneogaf

Decided to buy the standard edition on steam.

I've played the original at least 10 times and this feels different, looks different too.

Its not bad, it's just different artists do things well differently!

I'm gutted it's not dolby atmos as the sound is excellent on my denon/Q acoustics 7.2.4 system.

I'm playing on a 83" LG oled at 4k 120hz and am getting 75 fps TAA or around 120fps using dlss quality and all settings at highest levels with a 4090.

I've started on hard and can already tell its quite a challenge as its difficult to kill the first enemies.

I'd like a few more options graphics wise though as it's quite limited on the settings.

Shame there isn't more ray tracing effects like reflections etc as performance is good enough.

I kinda wish that in ? six months time they would patch in some more animations cause some of it feels weak at times. Looks gorgeous, they are trying to tie a lot of lore together from the comics, the movies and the sidegames, which is impressive.

Top Bottom