• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding does not have "Only on Playstation" logo. (Gamescom Update: It does)

From Sony's playstation website. it does not have that logo. and the only "Exclusive" to ever not have it was Crash Insane trilogy. in which we all know is on all platforms now.

every playstation game has that logo even from earliest reveals. now we have seen the cover and release date and no mention of Only on Playstation

am smelling EGS title a year from now. it has to be not an exclusive.

Mod edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

ethomaz

Banned
its a Sony ip yeah. but do is journey, flower, and the quantic dreams games. that are on PC now.

its not an oversight. Kojima and others literally refused to say its an exclusive when asked about a PC version. they declined to answer.
These are not Sony IP.

Sony IP is when Sony hold or have the license for the IP... Demon's Souls, Spider-man, Bloodborne, etc... are Sony IPs... the devs needs Sony approval do use that name.

Flower, Journey, Dead Stranding (?), etc are 3rd-party IPs that have a exclusive deal with Sony... outside that deal/contract the 3rd-party can do what they wants with the name.

Last edited:
If they game is successful I can see Sony buying Kojima Productions and securing the exclusivity of Death Stranding (and future Kojima's games) to their platforms.

sony buys a studio lmao? have you seen how safe Shawn Layden plays out the game? he will not do that. they will most definitely not acquire shit because they are not upto the task.

also they own the IP. so its not like thats the reason why. they owned the IP to QD games. and they are on PC.

Last edited:

vkbest

Last edited:
sony buys a studio lmao? have you seen how safe Shawn Layden plays out the game? he will not do that. they will most definitely not acquire shit because they are not upto the task.

also they own the IP. so its not like thats the reason why. they owned the IP to QD games. and they are on PC.
Up to the task? As in feeding Kojima like Konami did for almost 30 years?
That might be true LMAO.

ethomaz

Banned
Death stranding too

©2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Death Stranding is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Created and developed by Kojima Productions.
That is trademark for Publisher rights (on PlayStation probably).

I'm sure Death Stranding is Kojima's IP... the "Created" hints to that too.

He is the owner.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

They are planning to buy some.

johntown

Banned
Sadly I doubt I will have enough self control to wait and will most likely double-dip as long as the game is good.

Fbh

I thought this had been announced as a "first" on playstation game as opposed to a "only on" playstation one. But recently people have been talking about it as a full exclusive so I don't know anymore.

Anyway, unless they straight up announce a PC port prior to release I'm buying it on Ps4. Stuff like Journey or Heavy Rain don't mean much, I won't skip a game because it might come to PC at some point in the next 7 years

That is trademark for Publisher rights (on PlayStation probably).

I'm sure Death Stranding is Kojima's IP... the "Created" hints to that too.

He is the owner.

Do we have confirmation of this?
The dude also put his name all over the MGS games and it was still not his IP

Last edited:
is this an oversight too?
26NLMpq.png

demigod

These are not Sony IP.

Sony IP is when Sony hold or have the license for the IP... Demon's Souls, Spider-man, Bloodborne, etc... are Sony IPs... the devs needs Sony approval do use that name.

Flower, Journey, Dead Stranding (?), etc are 3rd-party IPs that have a exclusive deal with Sony... outside that deal/contract the 3rd-party can do what they wants with the name.

I think you're wrong about this. Sony owns the IP to Journey from what I'm reading. Also its a reason why Sunset Overdrive isn't on PS4 is because Sony likes to retain the IP rights.

ethomaz

Banned
I thought this had been announced as a "first" on playstation game as opposed to a "only on" playstation one. But recently people have been talking about it as a full exclusive so I don't know anymore.

Anyway, unless they straight up announce a PC port prior to release I'm buying it on Ps4. Stuff like Journey or Heavy Rain don't mean much, I won't skip a game because it might come to PC at some point in the next 7 years

Do we have confirmation of this?
The dude also put his name all over the MGS games and it was still not his IP
Yes... it was announced as "first on playstation" in 2015.

No confirmation but I think it is that.

Sony support the game itself its has Time Exclusivity Vibe on it.....so technically it will have PC version on Death Stranding

meanwhile Journey or Heavy Rain are not Sony IP's these games are tied to its Studios technically Sony doesnt have rights on this games...but they have insurance that this games only release on PC version only not will release on other consoles(but it can be released on other consoles if developers wants it Sony has no power on it)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I think you're wrong about this. Sony owns the IP to Journey from what I'm reading. Also its a reason why Sunset Overdrive isn't on PS4 is because Sony likes to retain the IP rights.
You could be right... I don't know.

Journey is published by Annapurna Interactive on PC btw.

Last edited:

FranXico

From Sony's playstation website. it does not have that logo. and the only "Exclusive" to ever not have it was Crash Insane trilogy. in which we all know is on all platforms now.

every playstation game has that logo even from earliest reveals. now we have seen the cover and release date and no mention of Only on Playstation

am smelling EGS title a year from now. it has to be not an exclusive.
Temporary exclusive, probably.

demigod

Sony support the game itself its has Time Exclusivity Vibe on it.....so technically it will have PC version on Death Stranding

meanwhile Journey or Heavy Rain are not Sony IP's these games are tied to its Studios technically Sony doesnt have rights on this games...but they have insurance that this games only release on PC version only not will release on other consoles(but it can be released on other consoles if developers wants it Sony has no power on it)

Journey and Flower are Sony IPs, I'm reading that Sony licensed the game out to the developers to allow them to publish on PC. It's pretty safe to assume Sony owns the IPs they publish.

DocEbok

Wasn't there talk of a pc version before?...but like if there was it would be later. I remember some ramblings way back of that...I dunno

Saber

Gold Member
You know what have you done???

Now they have an opening for "Plz port to Switch1!" tweets.

Jokes aside, I sincerelly think this might be just an oversigh. Not that I mind that much.

Wasn't there talk of a pc version before?...but like if there was it would be later. I remember some ramblings way back of that...I dunno

initially they said there will be a pc version. but after a while they stopped answering these questions. instead of saying no

You know what have you done???

Now they have an opening for "Plz port to Switch1!" tweets.

you know they do that already

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

ethomaz

Banned
Journey and Flower are Sony IPs, I'm reading that Sony licensed the game out to the developers to allow them to publish on PC. It's pretty safe to assume Sony owns the IPs they publish.
Not exactly they have published games that are not their IP like Plants vs. Zombies, Borderlands 2 and Minecraft from the recent I remember.

Ridge Racer series was published by Sony too in the past.

Last edited:
Epic Game Store confirmed?

nope this games are Sony IP games.....they will not have Epic Game Store Releases....only Sony have rights to be release on their consoles its just they dont have front covers yet on their blueray + EPIC games must ask this first if they want PC.....but that will nadda zero propability due PSNOW

Last edited:
considering that Sony exclusives ended up on pc lately. some of them. and Kojima avoided answering PC version question instead of denying it. and now this.

its a given that a PC version will come out after.
He's never really avoided it. His initial statement after he left Konami was that his next game is going to be on PC and is only a timed exclusive on Playstation. Sure, what he said back then was before Sony got as involved as it is now (with them even using Decima), heck that was before we even knew the name of the game, but I always thought that this statement from back then still holds true.

He's never really avoided it. His initial statement after he left Konami was that his next game is going to be on PC and is only a timed exclusive on Playstation. Sure, what he said back then was before Sony got as involved as it is now (with them even using Decima), heck that was before we even knew the name of the game, but I always thought that this statement from back then still holds true.

after that they avoided the question. that was the time they said it will be on PC

we are just confused and hated so much on EPIC games store issues on Sony Exclusives Game like Journey/Flower but in reality they are still exclusive due PC is not really a console its a different gaming platform.....

Last edited:

demigod

Not exactly they have published games that are not their IP like Plants vs. Zombies, Borderlands 2 and Minecraft from the recent I remember.

Ridge Racer series was published by Sony too in the past.

Maybe I should've worded as "development funded". Those games aren't funded by Sony, in fact I don't think any of those on your list are.

Sony literally said Last of Us 2, death stranding and Ghost of Tsushima were first party titles on E3

nah its just Death Stranding is different they want a word effect on it due it will be released on PS4 first
you know publication makes more sales right?

Top Bottom