• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes January 13

BlackJace

t1389915000z1.png

A little more than 24 hours remain until the NPD season is among us!

And then the ball will keep rolling all the way till Nintendo's investors meeting. Interesting times.

Road

All you people asking about the NPD release day would know if you had bothered to read the OP. =P

And then the ball will keep rolling all the way till Nintendo's investors meeting. Interesting times.

There will be a stopgap next week before that: Microsoft earnings on the 23rd. Then Nintendo on Jan 29/30, and finally Sony, Feb. 6.

BlackJace

All you people asking about the NPD release day would know if you had bothered to read the OP. =P

There will be a stopgap next week before that: Microsoft earnings on the 23rd. Then Nintendo on Jan 29/30, and finally Sony, Feb. 6.

Ah thanks for that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
My pop-corns are ready for Nintendo's Investor Meeting. I hope there are also very interesting news, and not just angry investors with forks and torches.

DaBoss

My pop-corns are ready for Nintendo's Investor Meeting. I hope there are also very interesting news, and not just angry investors with forks and torches.
If your popcorn is ready now, they'll become really stale by the time Nintendo's Investor Meeting starts.

donny2112

Pound_lb003, went ahead and counted your predictions this month, since you did try to go back and fix the format on your post. However in addition to using brackets, not using '-' is needed, too, unless you're trying to predict negative sales. ;)

Overall, there were a lot of people excluded for not following the format. Some used '-' but no brackets. Some used 'm' for the numbers. Some changed the letters in the system names (more than just getting a single system name wrong). I realize that these predictions would still be human readable, but the point of using a format is to make it machine readable. If you continue to post predictions next year, please try to stick to the formats!

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Dec-2013

1. 3DS - 1100K
2. PS4 - 978K
3. XB1 - 926K
4. 360 - 700K
5. PS3 - 500K
6. WIU - 359K
7. PSV - 115K

lefantome

wow it would be great!

Griss

You're probably joking, but I'm genuinely going to cook some popcorn for that one, and put the blanket up on the couch and settle in for two hours. The NPD is pretty predictable, even if it makes for a great thread. What Iwata has to say about the Wii U's last year, though... Could be dynamite.

Knoxcore

Well this is going to be fun. I love reading the meltdowns, the doom and gloom, the incoming apocalyptic catastrophe for one or two of the gaming platforms.

On the bright side...console gaming is alive and well.

Pain

Banned
Pound_lb003, went ahead and counted your predictions this month, since you did try to go back and fix the format on your post. However in addition to using brackets, not using '-' is needed, too, unless you're trying to predict negative sales. ;)

Overall, there were a lot of people excluded for not following the format. Some used '-' but no brackets. Some used 'm' for the numbers. Some changed the letters in the system names (more than just getting a single system name wrong). I realize that these predictions would still be human readable, but the point of using a format is to make it machine readable. If you continue to post predictions next year, please try to stick to the formats!

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Dec-2013

1. 3DS - 1100K
2. PS4 - 978K
3. XB1 - 926K
4. 360 - 700K
5. PS3 - 500K
6. WIU - 359K
7. PSV - 115K
Doesn't nearly all anecdotal evidence point to XB1 selling more in December?

Hopefully our lord and savior Creamsugar blesses us with hardware sales leaks.

Doesn't nearly all anecdotal evidence point to XB1 selling more in December?

Hopefully our lord and savior Creamsugar blesses us with hardware sales leaks.

The anecdotal evidence points towards a lot of supply. That doesn't tell us about sales. What we do know is that total numbers through the end of the year and the numbers through the beginning of December. We're extrapolating with what numbers we know from EU where PS4 is much higher to guess that PS4 is lower in the US.

It was interesting reading through this thread and seeing the differences in predictions before and after Sony and MS announced their total sales.

Talamius

I could believe XB1 outsold PS4 this month. Either demand cratered or Microsoft flooded retail with stock because you could easily find an XB1 in the US.

January and February will be the really interesting months and IMO tell the tale on how current gen is doing.

That Nintendo Investor Meeting will be fascinating.

Xun

You're probably joking, but I'm genuinely going to cook some popcorn for that one, and put the blanket up on the couch and settle in for two hours. The NPD is pretty predictable, even if it makes for a great thread. What Iwata has to say about the Wii U's last year, though... Could be dynamite.
Last year referring to what? 2013 or are you trying to say 2014 is the final year of the Wii U? I hope you're talking about the former.

I could believe XB1 outsold PS4 this month. Either demand cratered or Microsoft flooded retail with stock because you could easily find an XB1 in the US.

January and February will be the really interesting months and IMO tell the tale on how current gen is doing.

That Nintendo Investor Meeting will be fascinating.

My thoughts precisely

beast786

I have a feeling Xbox One will be the best seller. Judging by what Major is tweeting.
Seems like MS will have a top Next Gen home console (XB1) and top among last gen console (360).
I don't think he even knows yet. Don't they get the NPD reports as the same time as everyone else?

He should already know the numbers. When they claimed 3 Million sold to consumer they knew where those consumer bought. How else they come up with 3 Million sold to consumer.

Griss

Last year referring to what? 2013 or are you trying to say 2014 is the final year of the Wii U? I hope you're talking about the former.

I really meant 2013, thought 2014 could be its last year on store shelves here in Europe. It's possible.

He should already know the numbers. When they claimed 3 Million sold to consumer they knew where those consumer bought. How else they come up with 3 Million sold to consumer.

He knows MS's numbers but not anyone else's. I'm thinking it was pretty close but XB1 sold more in December.

If (Big if) PS4 outsold X1, it will be by a negligible amount...like maybe 50k at best. I still don't see it given X1 availability and PS4 shortage, though.

I could believe XB1 outsold PS4 this month. Either demand cratered or Microsoft flooded retail with stock because you could easily find an XB1 in the US..

Could be both. From retailgaf it sounds like demand has cratered to me but not sure how much December will reflect that.

I can see MS pulling in the lead for the US, gievn their supply advantage here. Worldwide, obviously, they were outsold, but I can see them still eeking out a win int he US.

Best selling game device will probably still be the 3ds though.

swcpig

Banned
I'm most curious about March numbers. I want to see how Titanfall and Infamous affect hardware sales.

Same. Though I'd say that multiplayer games have a stronger ability to push hardware than single player games. Aka, if you wanna play with your friends you need your own console versus someone handing you a disc to borrow.

I'm most curious about March numbers. I want to see how Titanfall and Infamous affect hardware sales.

Yeah that should be interesting to see. I also wonder how international the marketing for titanfall will be or will MS focus most of it on US/UK?

Personally I don't think infamous is going to be that great a system seller but anything is possible. Titanfall will move units, not sure how many though

Top Bottom