• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Silver is pulling Metro Exodus from Steam, makes it Epic store exclusive.

Dunki

I'm not saying that the Epic Store is the best thing ever, just that we should embrace competition. It will force Steam to be better and that's already a WIN in ,my book.
forced to be better? In which aspect he service of Steam is lightyears ahead of Epic right now. Steam has the same cut then ANY other platform except Epic which only did it because they need to. Steam does not need to be forced to become better they are constantly updating functions, adding features, etc. Steam is very consumer friendly even having a family share Feature which allows you to share your games with your friends. And so on.

Epics only weapon right nowis to buy games exclusively and people would not have cared much if they did not pulled this bullshit 2 weeks!!! from the release date.

GrayChild

What about EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Bethesda, Discord and Battle.net? Their launchers are equally garbage. Epic is the only store who's actually trying to compete against Steam. Every other launcher I mentioned doesn't care about improving their client.

I don't see Epic trying to improve their either. Instead, they are relying on moneyhatting schemes for games that were advertised as being sold on Steam and the Microsoft Store.

A fair competition would be if the game was available on both platforms, with Steam providing more features for a higher price, while buying the game from the Epic store ensures you'll be getting it cheaper. Hell, they could've just thrown some pre-order exclusive bonuses for them rather than pissing everyone off.

The comparison with Valve is not correct. Steam was a thing back in 2003, with Half-Life 2 launching on it more than a year later. Still:

- It's their own game.
- They didn't do bait-and-switch pretending that the game will not rely on their launcher up to 2 weeks before the release date.

Yes, Origin and uPlay are not that good. But they're still doing OK, thanks to EA and Ubi selling their own games through them, without outright lying with the promise that the game would be available elsewhere.

The chart below is taken from another forum, but it clearly shows how barebones the Epic launcher is at the moment:

stores5kkfy.png

This brings me back to the initial statement. Epic could try offering a competitive service to Steam instead of downright stealing games from other storefronts through moneyhatting.

Last edited:

Aren117

I don't see Epic trying to improve their either. Instead, they are relying on moneyhatting schemes for games that were advertised as being sold on Steam and the Microsoft Store.

A fair competition would be if the game was available on both platforms, with Steam providing more features for a higher price, while buying the game from the Epic store ensures you'll be getting it cheaper. Hell, they could've just thrown some pre-order exclusive bonuses for them rather than pissing everyone off.

The comparison with Valve is not correct. Steam was a thing back in 2003, with Half-Life 2 launching on it more than a year later. Still:

- It's their own game.
- They didn't do bait-and-switch pretending that the game will not rely on their launcher up to 2 weeks before the release date.

Yes, Origin and uPlay are not that good. But they're still doing OK, thanks to EA and Ubi selling their own games through them, without outright lying with the promise that the game would be available elsewhere.

The chart below is taken from another forum, but it clearly shows how barebones the Epic launcher is at the moment:

stores5kkfy.png

This brings me back to the initial statement. Epic could try offering a competitive service to Steam instead of downright stealing games from other storefronts through moneyhatting.

Not defending EPS, just clarifying, but you can add almost any game (from Epic Store, GOG, Uplay or even Pirated) to Steam as custom shortcut, so you can enjoy some of these features, like Steam Controller API, Library Sorting and Steam In-Home Streaming.

Steam is this awesome.

Dunki

What about EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Bethesda, Discord and Battle.net? Their launchers are equally garbage. Epic is the only store who's actually trying to compete against Steam. Every other launcher I mentioned doesn't care about improving their client.
Yeah MS and Co also pulled Metro from their stores. But yay competition against the evil steam Platform

Also MS did all the marketing for this game. Steam did all the visibility for this title and 2 weeks before the release Epic stole this game from everyone else without the smallest amount or work but with just one big pile of cash. This is something not even MS did before. I will never EVER support Epic anymore.

And if they are the last platform I will rather quit gaming on the PC.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
There is competition, this works like a car dealership. They aren't making the cars, they are just selling it to you. The costs is just visiting both stores, you don't pay anything.
Just like dealerships, it's the car maker who choose where they want their cars sold and the dealer takes a cut.

The choice is where you go visit. Some cars dealership will give different deals that go with the car but you will get the same car in the end.

A car is car, regardless of the model you choose to buy. Since no one has a monopoly on what a car fundamentally is, the consumer will come out of the dealership with a vehicle regardless. My work involves sales, finances, and services for vehicles, and clients always pick as their priority the dealership that offers them best possible deal, with the best customer service, and the best insurance plan. The client is even willing to change their desired vehicle if they're offered a really sweet deal.

In the case of videogames, there's only one Metro: Exodus. Consumers will not find something similar to it anywhere else, unlike with vehicles, so your analogy is flawed.

A more valid analogy would be two movie theaters each having exclusive rights to a specific movie (something the U.S government prohibited back in 1940's, by the way). With this, the theaters are competing for who has more exclusive movies when instead they should be competing for who has the better seats, the better popcorns, the better audio, or the better screens.

Platform exclusitivy is anti-consumer and just because consoles have been doing it for years, it doesn't stop said practice from being so. At least the big three (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) make their own games to sell with their overpriced platic bricks.

Last edited:

Ragnaroz

So here is the thing, i think most people in this thread have their priority wrong IMHO.
The most important thing should be playing great games.

Who makes the games ? The devs
Who should get the rewards for making the great games ? The devs
Who gives the better share of revenues to the people deserving of the money ? Epic game store

Everything else is really comfort around the activity of playing games.
A McDonald can have great customer service , it doesn't mean that they are serving great food.
If your ideas of playing games is beings pampered and ass-liked by a platform, good for you.

The same people whining about not having it on Steam where the same ones bitching when Steam came out and you needed it to play Counter Strike.
Steam is not your friend, Epic games Store is not your Friend, Competition is good.

Competition is finally here, we the consumer are the one who will win out in the end.
Fighting for devs attention is good competition, Devs taking a bigger share is Devs staying alive for longer.
More devs staying alive means more games, more competition on the game side of things and not on the platform side of things.
What??? No. The first priority is me, my pocket and my enjoyment. Gaming is something we do in our free time for fun. So I will always look for the best and cheapest platform. Epic is not that, not even close.

Epic understand that the only way people are going to move out of a platform is if they get something other platform don't have.
And that is exactly why Epic will never get my money. Don't force me to come to your store, entice me.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member

- It's their own game.

stores5kkfy.png

So their road map for 2019 is just a joke?

- It's their own game.

Publish where Epic lied 'with the promise the game would be available elsewhere'.

Did they issue a statement a few weeks back saying 'We promise never to have Metro Exodus as an exclusive on our store'?? No, they didn't.

I think people are getting their arguments all mixed up because of some weird hatred of Epic/Fortnite.

I would be more upset with Steam for not securing contracts with publishers that stop them jumping ship at the last minute....that really sucks!

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

A fair competition would be if the game was available on both platforms, with Steam providing more features for a higher price, while buying the game from the Epic store ensures you'll be getting it cheaper.

It would be great BUT that didn't work for every other platforms out there.
Every other platform tried to "Play Fair" and they lost.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like that Epic has to do that to expand their user base.
BUT if that's the only way we will get a sizable competitor for Steam, sign me up.

Steam as it is right now is a garbage fire, too much crap, not enough money for devs.
Yes it has a ton of features but Epic will catch up like the other store have.

We as player should cheers every new platform, it is not in our interest to give Steam a de-facto monopoly like they have now.

Well when you offer 80% back to devs what do you think will happen,but what I see from Epic is that everything benefits the devs , not hearing anything concrete that benefits the consumer.

Ballthyrm

A car FPS is car FPS, regardless of the model game you choose to buy. Since no one has a monopoly on what a car FPS fundamentally is, the consumer will come out of the dealership game store with a vehicle game regardless. My work involves sales, finances, and services for vehicles games, and clients always pick as their priority the dealership game store that offers them best possible deal, with the best customer service, and the best insurance plan. The client is even willing to change their desired vehicle game if they're offered a really sweet deal.

In the case of videogames cars, there's only one Metro: Exodus Ford Mustang GT500 . Consumers will not find something similar to it anywhere else, unlike with vehicles, so your analogy is not flawed.

FTFY

ROMhack

Well when you offer 80% back to devs what do you think will happen,but what I see from Epic is that everything benefits the devs , not hearing anything concrete that benefits the consumer.

In this instance there's a lower cost for the game (at least in the US) but in other cases there's clearly a certain type of consumer who finds the idea of more money going to the developer more appealing. I personally don't but they exist.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned

Oh, really? So can you point me in the direction of the game that has the exact same features, story, gameplay, characters, and engine as Metro: Exodus? Because I'd like to buy that.

A car is a car because they both serve the same function. No car manufacturer on the planet has a monopoly on what a car is so you buying a Toyota is no different than buying a Hyunday. They're both mechanicaly and functionally equall. Your choice comes down to what vehicle is cheaper, or what you prefer, but at the end of the day, the experience is the same.

As much as we like to joke about "every FPS ever made is the same game with a different name", they're not.
Call of Duty feels and play different from Battlefield. Need for Speed feels and plays different from Forza. Dragon Age is completely different from The Elder Scrolls.
Unless the games is a copy, or a sequel, or a rip-off, they're not the same.

Last edited:

Raven117

What epic does is not customer friendly At all and IT is also not good for an industry. The stuff epic right now has in terms of Features and comfort is not acceptable since like 2008
Your use of the past tense “be” verb means you didn’t understand my post.

Dunki

Steam as it is right now is a garbage fire, too much crap, not enough money for devs.

We as player should cheers every new platform, it is not in our interest to give Steam a de-facto monopoly like they have now.

I am sorry but what? Not enough money for the devs? Every other platform except Epic has this 70:30 Split. Sony, MS even Nintendo. Steam is basially the biggest platform in this industry. They have the most user who also buy tons of games. It is well worth the 70:30 split ration IMO.

Epic is only in there because they want less money because if they would do the same split they would be totally ignored. And I will say it again. MS did the marketing for this game, Steam had the visibility and 2 Weeks boefore the release these two and many other platforms can not sell it anymore.

If you go by social media. Even the developer are sad and they worked 10 hours before the announcement on their steam archivements. HQ Nordic does not agree with this decision either and they already put the blame on Koch Media. This case is not for a Customer. It is as Anti Consumer as it gets.

Imagine being THQ

>save Deep Silver
>pay out their loans
>no restructuring, no layoffs
>generously allow them autonomy

And then you learn about this at the end of a random work day lmao

Some Deep Silver executives just went yolo and took Epic's money bags :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Snatching a game this close to release certainly doesn't make me appreciate EPIC more. On the contrary, seems like they are brute-forcing their way in by throwing money at developers and publishers without offering any functionality to the customer through their store.

If they want to compete with Steam fair and square, sure. As a longstanding Steam customer, I may not like it because it's rather inconvenient, but this is an open market and they have every right to do so. That being said, I don't like how EPIC are moneyhatting their way into the market, without even trying to build trust with the PC consumer base. I also don't appreciate how they are greedily grabbing so many games that were planned to release on Steam. If they think this transparent maneuvering is gaining them any confidence with PC gamers, they are sorely mistaken.

Steam isn't without its problems, but it has excellent functionality, consumer friendly policies and valuable community interaction. I've never had any issues with Steam's service and over the years I've grown to trust them with my rather substantial digital game library. EPIC on the other hand is a bare-bones digital storefront that hasn't even tried to gain my trust as a consumer. Their silly shenanigans that mostly seem to boil down to take away my games from Steam in order to coerce me to switch to their own platform, aren't helping them either.

I really wanted to play METRO: Exodus, but I'm not that desperate to throw my money at a digital store that is partially owned by Tencent, a Chinese multinational investment holding conglomerate that is known for its shitty practices.

I already posted this gif as part of the GAF contest, but I'd like to share it here too:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GrayChild

So their road map for 2019 is just a joke?

A roadmap is just a concept. An expected outcome. I don't think anyone can guarantee that the launcher will have all of the promised features and upgrades by the end of the year.

Publish where Epic lied 'with the promise the game would be available elsewhere'.

Did they issue a statement a few weeks back saying 'We promise never to have Metro Exodus as an exclusive on our store'?? No, they didn't.

I think people are getting their arguments all mixed up because of some weird hatred of Epic/Fortnite.

I would be more upset with Steam for not securing contracts with publishers that stop them jumping ship at the last minute....that really sucks!

The game was advertised as being available on Steam for almost year and a half now (including all physical copies). Without a single mention of the Epic gamestore. Suddenly, the game is removed from Steam due to the Epic moneyhatting two weeks before launch.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like that Epic has to do that to expand their user base.
BUT if that's the only way we will get a sizable competitor for Steam, sign me up.

Games for Windows live was a huge thing about 10 years back. Remember that titles like RE5, Bioshock 2, GTAIV, Dark Souls etc. etc. were available only through it and not sold on Steam. GFWL is dead now, and Steam is still the leader on the PC market. None of this was done through buying out other titles and blocking them from sales through other storefronts.

GOG is going strong and is getting even more popular, without CDProjectRed pulling out crap like this.

And once again, Metro: Exodus was supposed to be available from the Windows store. Hell, it was one of the reasons why Microsoft were pushing it so bad (along with it being an X1X enhanced title). Not to mention that the previous franchise installments are still available on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/game/metro_2033_redux
https://www.gog.com/game/metro_last_light_redux

So much for the 'evil monopolistic' Valve and their Steam platform.

So you're willing to support shady practices only so that Steam has a competitor, by showing them that you're willing to swallow these dishonest consumer-hostile schemes merely incentivizing Steam to do the same in order to keep up with this sort of competition that you've supported in the first place.

8cdfLOs.jpg

Gamezone

Gold Member
Ready or Not (upcoming SWAT game) developer on Discord described it as suicide to release their game on Epic's Store when asked about it in their channel.

I notice the term ‘moneyhatting’ being thrown around....obviously a new clever term that is popular and cool.

Are Sony ‘moneyhatting’ when they obtain exclusives to their hardware? No?

Were Microsoft ‘moneyhatting’ when they buy multiple studios last year to create exclusives? No?

Are Epic ‘moneyhatting’ when they are obtain timed exclusives, that you can still play with a few clicks on your existing hardware? Owned by a Chinese company? God dam right they are!!!! ....they took our jobs!!

Dey tuk ur jurbs!

I notice the term ‘moneyhatting’ being thrown around....obviously a new clever term that is popular and cool.

Were Microsoft ‘moneyhatting’ when they buy multiple studios last year to create exclusives? No?

Are Epic ‘moneyhatting’ when they are obtain timed exclusives, that you can still play with a few clicks on your existing hardware? Owned by a Chinese company? God dam right they are!!!! ....they took our jobs!!

Dey tuk ur jurbs!
Moneyhatting refers to basically bribery. When Sony develop 1st party exclusives they are putting their own money on the line for development, when Microsoft purchase studios in order to fund their development of games they are putting their own money on the line. When Epic waits until 2 weeks before a game releases and throws a stack of cash at a dev to remove their game from the platform that has been accepting and advertising pre-orders for a substantial amount of time that is dirty business and not what we want to become the industry standard. People keep saying they hope this causes Steam to start making good moves again but I fear it will cause them to start fighting fire with fire and start throwing large piles of cash themselves.

Dunki

Dey tuk ur jurbs!
Sony and Co moneyhatting during the development far of from release. Even before the announcement. This was stolen 2 WEEKS before launch. While Micrsoft did all the marketing and Steam created much visibility for the game.

NO ONE EVER did this before. Not Sony, not MS not Nintendo nor anyone else

Oh and not even the developers are ok with this nor THQ Nordic

Last edited:
Sony and Co moneyhatting during the development far of from release. Even before the announcement. This was stolen 2 WEEKS before launch. While Micrsoft did all the marketing and Steam created much visibility for the game.

NO ONE EVER did this before. Not Sony, not MS not Nintendo nor anyone else

Oh and not even the developers are ok with this nor THQ Nordic
Why do you keep saying it was 'stolen'? It patently wasn't stolen.

Dunki

Why do you keep saying it was 'stolen'? It patently wasn't stolen.
Because it was stolen from customers. Their choice was stolen for sure. And I think this was such a shitty move towards steam, MS and all other platforms that it feels like stolen from them as well.

And this was also the day I will never ever buy something from EPIC again. As for deep silver or Koch media we will see how their apology goes in a few days.

Iorv3th

This whole argument of "Devs getting better cuts" is kind of annoying. When the game is listed for 10$ less than steam. 30% of 60$ is 18$, so the "devs"(publishers) would get 42$ per game sold at that price point (not including keys they might sell on their own store or other store fronts which may have a lesser cut). With Epic taking 12% of 50$ which is 6$, the "devs" are making 44$ per game. An entire 2$ more per game sold.
If they lose 50,000 customers from switching to epic games store and end up selling 500,000 coppies. The difference of 2$ costs them $1.1 million in sales.

I am really curious how much epic is paying for these exclusives. Or publishers don't really think people will not buy the game if it's Epic Store exclusive.

Dey tuk ur jurbs!

Money hatting isn't a new term. Maybe you are new to gaming forums. It's been around for a while.

You also show a lack of any understanding of the situation at hand.

Last edited:
I don't tend to buy games from those platforms either. I have maybe three games across all of them.

They're also different platforms supporting different things.Origin only makes personally published games exclusive, and BNet is purely for games by Activision Blizzard. Any comparison is false equivalence.

My problem isn't with the launcher themselves. Like I said in the second half of my post, competition is good. My problem is with their business practises. Taking games that were already on sale somewhere else and arbitrarily making them exclusive to a specific launcher is a shitty anti-consumer approach, and only benefits Epic.

Last edited:
That infographic is stupid, it shows how bad a monopoly steam has when all those places you buy keys are for steam store keys.

What other ways can epic compete with valve other than exclusivity? In early days that's the only way they're going to get people onboard. Considering how much whiney hand wringing there is about installing yet another game client it's clear from the start they have an uphill battle.

Lol...competition? 3rd party Store exclusives aren't competition...

No, it shows how superfluous Valve's 'monopoly' is, when devs and publishers can milk steam for free advertising, then bait and switch in the last second. Or how so many online stores offer up steam keys for various prices for which valve gets absolutely no revenue. Only thing valve has a monopoly on is being leeched for bandwidth and marketing because the millions that never buy a single thing on steam are still getting all the benefits of downloading quickly from steam and having their games updated from steam and those who sell games can just pull this kind of nonsense.

Epic can compete by not doing something far worse than steam ever did, for starters. This isn't competition. It's making PC gaming shitty and turning it into a console ecosystem. I encourage everyone who panic ordered on steam after the anouncement or pre-ordered months ago on steam to request refunds.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

- It's their own game.

stores5kkfy.png

Steam: Gambling platform to prey upon addictive nature of players - YES
Epic: No

lol I can cherry pick too. The 12% cut from Epic far outweighs all of those CURRENT features, by so much, for the players and the developers. Once Epic gets more of those features, what do you have left to say?

Last edited:

pr0cs

Epic can compete by not doing something far worse than steam ever did, for starters. This isn't competition.
Okay so let's put the hyperbole and hand wringing aside. If you were running the epic game store how would you woo consumers to buy content on it?

You're already at a disadvantage because people are lazy and hate having multiple clients.

You can't beat valve in a price war.

You can't outdo valve on usability since it took valve 20 years to create a store with reviews, curation, forums etc

So, logically how do you propose to drive business? Their only logical solution is exclusives.

Okay so let's put the hyperbole and hand wringing aside. If you were running the epic game store how would you woo consumers to buy content on it?

You're already at a disadvantage because people are lazy and hate having multiple clients.

You can't outdo valve on usability since it took valve 20 years to create a store with reviews, curation, forums etc

So, logically how do you propose to drive business? Their only logical solution is exclusives.
I would put my money towards actually developing exclusives instead of standing outside of steams door and paying people to not go in. They can only do that for so long before it's not profitable and then all they will be left with is a featureless platform with a bunch of games they gave away for free and Fortnite.

By not being anti-competitive?

Epic store/launcher has absolutely NONE of the value added features of steam. So for starters....make a better client/store. They will come.

As for exclusives, it doesn't even need to be said; unless you develop software yourself, a walled garden approach is ANTI-COMPETITIVE.

If you can't compete properly, don't engage in shitty anti-competitive behaviours to try to get ahead. It does NOTHING for the consumers.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well I guess I won't be picking up on this one right away. Since Steam is the main platform I use for PC games nowadays.

They already got their big phat cheque.

It's such a dirty move by the publisher. Throw the game out to die, piss on the devs, piss on the consumers and all for a quick buck.

quest

Not Banned from OT
That is some anti consumer shit. Hahahaha

No anti consumer would be not releasing it on PC. Just because it is not on the store of your choice does not make it anti consumer. It is stuff like this or people using it as an excuse to pirate make me hope the epic store makes it big. The steam monopoly is out of control. It is the only reason they were able to enable kiddie scam casinos with no repercussions. Valve needs to be put in thier place as bad as EA.

I think you guys are overblowing it. I think the developers deserve more for the games they make. Meanwhile Value is the one taking a huge portion of their revenue.

Dunki

I think you guys are overblowing it. I think the developers deserve more for the games they make. Meanwhile Value is the one taking a huge portion of their revenue.
Value is taking the same amount everyone else takes and lets not be wrong here. The developer will get nothing of it. The developer AND THQ Nordic were as surprised and as sad about this move by Koch Media than almost everyone else.
And for the 70/30 you have a HUGE platform. You have the most Consumer friendly platform which great features like Family sharing

Also then there is this here

Last edited:

Helios

No anti consumer would be not releasing it on PC. Just because it is not on the store of your choice does not make it anti consumer. It is stuff like this or people using it as an excuse to pirate make me hope the epic store makes it big.
No, advertising it as being on Steam and than changing everyone's codes to Epic is anti-consumer. The Steam logo was plastered everywhere before this announcement. For fuck's sake, they didn't even bother to change it on their Collector's Edition page. Scroll to the bottom.
The steam monopoly is out of control
I'm not even going to comment on how wrong that is. Do you even play games on PC?
It is the only reason they were able to enable kiddie scam casinos with no repercussions.
What's the correlation between them being a store-front and using lootboxes in their games? Also it's not like Fortnite doesn't have lootboxes.

Last edited:

pr0cs

I would put my money towards actually developing exclusives instead of standing outside of steams door and paying people to not go in.
I'm sure they're doing that as well, Hades et al proves it. Steam is their direct competitor it makes sense to headhunt big titles. I think they pushed the envelope with exodus given how close to release.. But in general it seems like a good business idea

. So for starters....make a better client/store. They will come.
And curious, how long do you think a 'better store' would take to build? Guess epic should just go dark for the few years that it would take to build this store.

Really the only recourse is to snatch up exclusives. Tie gamers to the service then build on the service. Worked for valve, Epic is following their play book.

EWhat's funny is I remember when steam launched there was soooo much angst towards it and the loss of physical discs. The same arguments happened then.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Steam: Gambling platform to prey upon addictive nature of players - YES
Epic: No

lol I can cherry pick too. The 12% cut from Epic far outweighs all of those CURRENT features, by so much, for the players and the developers. Once Epic gets more of those features, what do you have left to say?

So for that 12% cut... they get 2$ extra per game. That is at the full 30% and at full price.

This whole argument of "Devs getting better cuts" is kind of annoying. When the game is listed for 10$ less than steam. 30% of 60$ is 18$, so the "devs"(publishers) would get 42$ per game sold at that price point (not including keys they might sell on their own store or other store fronts which may have a lesser cut). With Epic taking 12% of 50$ which is 6$, the "devs" are making 44$ per game. An entire 2$ more per game sold.
If they lose 50,000 customers from switching to epic games store and end up selling 500,000 coppies. The difference of 2$ costs them $1.1 million in sales.

I am really curious how much epic is paying for these exclusives. Or publishers don't really think people will not buy the game if it's Epic Store exclusive.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No anti consumer would be not releasing it on PC. Just because it is not on the store of your choice does not make it anti consumer. It is stuff like this or people using it as an excuse to pirate make me hope the epic store makes it big. The steam monopoly is out of control. It is the only reason they were able to enable kiddie scam casinos with no repercussions. Valve needs to be put in thier place as bad as EA.
Hey listen shill
I do not like steam for one bit.
But imagine preordering a game in a shop for your steam collection.
And the devs saying yeah about steam nope you have to use epic.
2 weeks before launch.
That is pretty fucking shitty,
Any excuse would be off the table. And just refund preorders.
False advertisement.
Then let people decide if they want to go with epic store or not,

Is it a feature that allows me to go on their store site (or support page) and get a refund with a few clicks, or do I have to get in contact with their support and ask for a refund?

I didn't know that they've changed their refund policies 2 weeks ago.
The Epic Games Store has updated its refund policy to one matching the terms of the Steammarketplace, providing for unconditional refunds of games within two weeks of purchase and less than two hours played.

The news came this morning on Twitter from Sergey Galyonkin, Epic’s director of publishing strategy. For pre-ordered games, the return window is until 14 days after the game’s launch date. Both the two-week timeframe and two-hour trial period are features of Valve’s return policy, which it implemented in June 2015.

Galyonkin said Epic is in the process of developing a self-service form for filing and receiving refunds. For now, players who want their money back will have to open a ticket with Epic Games support.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/11/18179100/epic-games-store-refund-policy-steam-pc

Top Bottom