• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Definitive word on PS3 demo date for Resident Evil 5 / RE5 ? (banish me if old)

MoeB

I'm hesitant to grab it. The people on 1upyours said that it wasn't very enjoyable to play. But it's a demo after all. So why not!

mintylurb

-PXG- said:
I got the leaked JP 360 demo a while ago. Its fun as hell, but really short. Controls are too for my liking. Of course, the visuals are STUNNING. I didn't notice it that much, but people have been complaining about screen tearing, which (rumors suggest) are non-existent in the PS3 version.
From what I've seen, the 360 ver has minimal screen tearing if you're playing it at 720p or 1080p. People who've reported bad screen tearing seem to have their 360s hooked up to pc mointors which usually have native resolution different from hdtvs.

Anyway, hopefuly I can d/ling the ps3 ver today so i can do some comparisons..;3

Nemesis_

neojubei said:
:lol Yea they did. I'm shocked you cannot walk/run while shooting.
Please please please do not bring up this shit into things again.

Rez, where are you! RE5 Control Defence Force Assemble!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Downloading now. I'm glad I waited, I refused to play this game on anything but a playstation controller.

Could one of the mods please edit the title to reflect that it's out now on the Japanese PSN?

Yea yea yea yea he's a mod he's a mod, yea yea.

Teknoman

How you can enjoy multiple RECENT playthroughs of Resident Evil 4 yet not enjoy RE5 on Type A controls (exact same as RE4's) is beyond me.

mintylurb

neojubei said:
Downloading now. I'm glad I waited, I refused to play this game on anything but a playstation controller.
too bad your dualshake isn't going to magically make chris walk/run while shooting..;d

christank coming through..vroom vroom~

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ronin said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember the 360 demo default controls being set to Type A.

mine was set to D. It could be because of the default settings used in games though (invert axis, triggers, etc).

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
neojubei said:
Couldn't agree more.

God bless the Dual Shock.
mu49g.jpg

Ronin

I'm also wondering if this demo is an older build than the 360 version because the framerate doesn't seem as smooth.

Downloading! Can't give you the percentage since I'm downloading the FF VII complete trailer (blu ray) first and I've set the PS3 to turn off after download complete.

Sleep time, nite nite GAF.

comrade

God that was awesome. One thing I noticed is they added more opportunities to do the context sensitive melee. Animations in RE4 where the enemy would pause but not stun you can now melee during.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Finished it. It's pretty much the same. It's jaggier and there seems to be less motion blur? There's also no tearing...I experienced a little bit of that on 360. I kind of liked the controls more, but it's all negligible.

I can confirm this is the build that Dot50Cal did his comparison on. The smoke is missing from the Public Assembly cutscene.

edit: There's as much motion blur...framerate in PA is definitely a little more sluggish I think.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Y2Kev said:
Finished it. It's pretty much the same. It's jaggier and there seems to be less motion blur? There's also no tearing...I experienced a little bit of that on 360. I kind of liked the controls more, but it's all negligible.

I can confirm this is the build that Dot50Cal did his comparison on. The smoke is missing from the Public Assembly cutscene.

So it's an old build.

Y2Kev said:

controller preference or actually something different about how the aiming feels? the 360 demo had a weird lack of acceleration

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's definitely old. No dirt trails on feet. Also, like, the framerate is not good in this section. I saw a little "sheva rescue" cutscene type thing and the framerate absolutely divebombed.

Top Bottom