• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Definitive word on PS3 demo date for Resident Evil 5 / RE5 ? (banish me if old)

With all this talk of Xbox 360 marketplace having the exclusive demo for 2-3 weeks or whatever, I'm a tad confused as to when we might be seeing the RE5 demo for PS3.

Is there a definitive answer yet? I'm getting tired of waiting and might need to blow my load soon (can't hold for too much longer).

EDIT: The Demo is out now on the Japanese PSN, bitches!

Erebus

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item139305/A-demonstration-of-Evil/

On Monday, February 2, 2009, registered PSN users worldwide will be able to download three levels of the survival horror title, offering a range of co-operative options for you to play. Once downloaded, you'll have the chance to enjoy Resident Evil 5 in single player with a computer controlled partner at your side, in two player split screen mode or with an online friend across PSN.

Not sure if by saying "worldwide" they also refer to Europe :p

Erebus

JoeFenix said:
Wait, THREE levels? That's a typo right? The demo is the same content as the 360 one?

Yes, that's what I thought too. Though it would be great if Capcom could compensate us with an additional level or something.:D

Goldrusher

JoeFenix said:
Wait, THREE levels? That's a typo right?

Capcom is pleased to confirm that PlayStation 3 owners will be able to experience action from two levels of the highly anticipated Resident Evil 5 ahead of its March 13th release date.
The demo will be available for European registered PSN users to download free of charge from Monday 2nd February. As in the full game, the demo offers three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single PS3 and two-player across PSN.
Read.

2 actual levels. 3 kinds of co-op.

Woohoooo! It's 1:53 PM on Monday 2nd February right now for me - wonder if that means that we can download it here in New Zealand?

Or do we have to wait for you slow asses in the US & UK to catch up with the date?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Haven't picked up the US360 demo but I will def get this since it's the version I'm getting. Excitement rising. PS3 fans have a lot to be excited for. The JPN360 demo was great fun to play with a friend.

NameIess

I'm looking forward to doing my own comparison with the 360 demo.
Based on Capcom's track record I would assume no differences in performance or visuals.
If the games are identical visually I will more than likely go with the PS3, because I prefer the controller for this type of game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jett said:
A monday update? That's weird. :p Anyway I'll be downloading this for sure...
I bet it's because of Capcom's PSN storefront. They can probably update it whenever. Plus it gives more attention to the demo because it's the only thing coming on Monday.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm actually anticipating this demo more than Killzone's. RE4 my most replayed game ever and I know I'm going to play the shit out of this demo.

-PXG-

I got the leaked JP 360 demo a while ago. Its fun as hell, but really short. Controls are too for my liking. Of course, the visuals are STUNNING. I didn't notice it that much, but people have been complaining about screen tearing, which (rumors suggest) are non-existent in the PS3 version.

And of course, Killzone 2 demo on Thursday. That shit is gonna be ill.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-PXG- said:
I got the leaked JP 360 demo a while ago. Its fun as hell, but really short. Controls are too for my liking. Of course, the visuals are STUNNING. I didn't notice it that much, but people have been complaining about screen tearing, which (rumors suggest) are non-existent in the PS3 version.

DMC4 was like that too.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you common cry of curs, whose breath i hate
as reek o' the rotten fens, whose loves i prize
as the dead carcasses of unburied men
that do corrupt my air, i banish you!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
-PXG- said:

DMC had his comparison and I've read reports of the lack of tearing on the PS3 but they both look so good it's easy to ignore.

The only real complaint I had was controls but I think this is easy to overlook. It will be good and make fans happy. Co-op SP is gonna make it great fun.

mittelos

Can't wait to try out this version, I'm addicted to the 360 demo. Two key points to remember: you can quick select with the D-pad and you can't move while aiming. Also, I highly recommend changing the aiming speed to "fastest".

Teknoman

AranhaHunter said:
This better be a good demo, RE5 has a lot to live up to from Dead Space, Bioshock and even Siren.

Dont forget its still just a demo. One scenario plays just like the RE4 village survive till a certain amount of time passes, and the other like a normal RE section, but with the first appearance of a "heavy" enemy.

Anyway, i'll be up to playing with PS3 demo players as well.

Teknoman

maniac-kun said:
so for us europeans it will be aviable without code this week? :D

Thats what's been said to this point. Unless they decide to switch the release dates. Its the same way as with Valkyria Chronicles demo. Released for free in EU, and on Qore for NA. I still had my left over EU account from the LBP beta days, used it to download the Valkyria Chronicles demo, worked fine.

Zoe

Warren Ellis said:
are there any hopes that the demo will be up soon in the japanese store ?

JP demo updates usually go up in the middle of the night, US time.

comrade

Keep checking in here hoping to see "IT'S UP!". Why do you toy with me so? Can't wait to fucking play this.

Top Bottom