• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
iirc the all ages thing just fades to black for the sex scenes, and you'll kinda wish you did play the all ages version for one scene in particular (for those who know)
CHOMP!
so nothing is lost unless you like sex and some ... violent stuff.

Wondering if that would be censored considering cultural differences on violence.

AwShucks

I don't think it's important in the first two, but I think it is in Alternative.

But while it's important I can't imagine they would cut anything that truly matters... Right? You don't take one of the highest rated VNs and chop it up.

Remove sex scenes? That's fine. I just dislike the idea of missing something that might matter. But Vita would be preferred (I'm assuming they'll reach the goal).

Ugh, decisions.

Edit: for people that know the ps3 censorship... Does it harm the game in any way?

But while it's important I can't imagine they would cut anything that truly matters... Right? You don't take one of the highest rated VNs and chop it up.

Remove sex scenes? That's fine. I just dislike the idea of missing something that might matter. But Vita would be preferred (I'm assuming they'll reach the goal).

Ugh, decisions.

You wouldn't be missing important content, the worry here is more that removing some of the gore might make things less impactful.

AwShucks

You wouldn't be missing important content, the worry here is more that removing some of the gore might make things less impactful.

Given how long Alternative is I hope some gore removal doesn't impact too much. I can always wait for reviews as well. Not like I have time to play it anytime soon (I.e. when it releases. It's been sitting on my pc unplayed for a year)

OnFire331

I'm seriously glad this is doing so well! It's already the most successful first day for a VN kickstarter ever! Hoping it hits at least $600,000 stretch goal but I can certainly see this hitting the $720,000 one.

iirc the all ages thing just fades to black for the sex scenes, and you'll kinda wish you did play the all ages version for one scene in particular (for those who know)
CHOMP!
so nothing is lost unless you like sex and some ... violent stuff.

CHOMP is toned down (Takeru half covers the gory part with his hand) and that BETA scene doesn't fade to black but at least it's more tasteful than the 18+ scene. Puts the focus a bit more on the dismemberment than certain parts being... "enhanced".

hamchan

It must feel so good to have your project be funded so quickly. Talk about validation as a creator right there. I'm just excited that kickstarter has provided a good way to show the appeal for localization of visual novels.

OnFire331

It must feel so good to have your project be funded so quickly. Talk about validation as a creator right there. I'm just excited that kickstarter has provided a good way to show the appeal for localization of visual novels.

Yoshimune Kouki deserves all the success in the world as the creator of both Muv-Luv and Kiminozo. I'm looking forward to watching people going through this wild ride now that it'll release on Steam.

Going to keep an eye on this, will probably end up going for the Digital bundle. I really don't understand why so many of these projects fail to put up complete digital bundles at launch (the highest digital tier in this case misses out on the artbook even though there's obviously a digitial copy since it comes with the $150 tier).

Dio

Banned
Yoshimune Kouki deserves all the success in the world as the creator of both Muv-Luv and Kiminozo. I'm looking forward to watching people going through this wild ride now that it'll release on Steam.

He already has enough success to drive his own Lamborghini. Here's Kouki's Gallardo:

m14vE.jpg

His Lancia Stratos:

fertygo

Wait, this not gonna voiced? I know its gonna patched ASAP.. but I'm quite sad its means the VA and co not gonna get their slice of pie, come on can they put official tier or something for re-licensing?

Wait, this not gonna voiced? I know its gonna patched ASAP.. but I'm quite sad its means the VA and co not gonna get their slice of pie, come on can they put official tier or something for re-licensing?

It has voices. Are you confusing it with the Umineko talk above?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

You sure it won't be voiced, because one of the feature is additional voice:

The latest and most up-to-date HD graphics available. We'll be using assets not only from the PS3 version of Muv-Luv (Extra + Unlimited) and Muv-Luv Alternative (including Takeru's voice) but updated stuff directly from âge-soft.

fertygo

Not gonna lie, Video on Greenlight made me teared up ;__;

I think many people that feel must slogging through Extra will came back and rather fond of it after finishing and enjoying Alternative.

jzbluz

FYI, best place to play VNs are Windows tablets, full screen works really well and the screen/text is much better vs vita (simply due to size). You can get a decent one for $100-150.

I bought a Windows tablet to play VNs, but controls can be a bit iffy and not everything works. It probably would have worked better if I bought one with better quality, but I didn't want to spend too much money just to play VNs.

I heard Muv Luv isnt good. But I heard Muv Luv Alternative is amazing. Cant wait.

Yeah, Muv-Luv is basically the most extreme example ever of a thing that starts out bad but gets really good later on- Extra is cheesy, stupid, and made of 100% pure high school harem/love comedy anime cliches, Unlimited is a dramatic improvement but still pretty cliche, Alternative is more than good enough to make going though the first two games worth it (and no, you should not skip either of the first two under any circumstances.) And then after you finish Alternative you go back and re-play Extra, notice all the foreshadowing for the events of Alternative they put in it, and your head fucking explodes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah, Muv-Luv is basically the most extreme example ever of a thing that starts out bad but gets really good later on- Extra is cheesy, stupid, and made of 100% pure high school harem/love comedy anime cliches, Unlimited is a dramatic improvement but still pretty cliche, Alternative is more than good enough to make going though the first two games worth it (and no, you should not skip either of the first two under any circumstances.) And then after you finish Alternative you go back and re-play Extra, notice all the foreshadowing for the events of Alternative they put in it, and your head fucking explodes.
Yeah. Extra is so intentionally awful that it almost makes you want to stop (and some friends I've introduced to the series have stopped here). It's a shame, because the payoff is great once you do push through that awfulness.

The problem is, most people won't take "it gets good later" in good faith because it's such an overused line, even though it's absolutely the case here.

Hastati

Grabbed this as soon as the email came through. Nothing beats plastic models!

Honestly really happy that this KS has been a (big?) success, I've wanted to play through this series for a number of years. Hopefully it will help further interest in VNs, maybe we will see Ever 17 get re licensed one of these days. Also Muramasa, but Nitro doesn't seem too happy with their attempts at selling in the west...

Ventara

Oh, wow, it's already past 350K. It's definitely hitting the Vita stretch goal, and most likely the other 2 as well.

Kinda disappointing that the Vita copy only comes with $150 or above tier. I would've been in at $100, but $150 is too much. I'll be playing this on my Vita, but I want that physical copy. I could get them separately, but that would be $120 with no soundtrack or artbook. I'll have to think this one carefully.

Shizuka

I wish they'd answer if they hit the last stretch goal, they'll port Photon Melodies and Photon Flowers to the Vita and Android as well.

creid

Kinda disappointing that the Vita copy only comes with $150 or above tier. I would've been in at $100, but $150 is too much. I'll be playing this on my Vita, but I want that physical copy. I could get them separately, but that would be $120 with no soundtrack or artbook. I'll have to think this one carefully.

They'll probably offer a Vita copy as an add-on, no?

Cqef

Bleh, I'd support a console release (Vita in this case), but only if they also bother to release the adult version on PC.
Rip

Shizuka

I've read on reddit that the Vita version would come a month or so after the PC version, which is huge compared to Sekai Project silence months after the games were released.

Where are you getting the pricing on the Vita from? I don't see any place they've detailed that. We probably won't know until the stretch goal is met.

I've read on reddit that the Vita version would come a month or so after the PC version, which is huge compared to Sekai Project silence months after the games were released.
Who said this? Someone from Degica? The Vita port is being done in Japan and there were implications that they'd also release the port in Japan, so it makes sense that it would be handled better than with Sekai Project.

Jazz573

Where are you getting the pricing on the Vita from? I don't see any place they've detailed that. We probably won't know until the stretch goal is met.

It's in there, under the stretch goal for Android and Vita:

"With everyone's efforts in unlocking the goal, people who have pledged 150$ and above can choose one port digital copy for free!"

It's in there, under the stretch goal for Android and Vita:

"With everyone's efforts in unlocking the goal, people who have pledged 150$ and above can choose one port digital copy for free!"

Ah missed that. Hopefully they add other methods of acquiring it because it'd be pretty shitty to lock a digital copy under such a high tier. I imagine that they probably will make some changes though.

Cqef

Complete summary of the contents in each fandisc:

There will be an 18+ patch.

Oh, will this be an official one at least? If so, that's good, my interest is renewed.

(fact is, I always failed installing the game on my PC, so an official release would help :V )

Oh, will this be an official one at least? If so, that's good, my interest is renewed.

(fact is, I always failed installing the game on my PC, so an official release would help :V )

Their exact quote from the Prefundia:
Q: Will you introduce the 18+ content later on?
A: Yes, we will provide a patch for this. Specifics will be given at a later date.
So yes, it seems official. They can't talk about it on the Kickstarter page though because of KS's policies on adult material.

Eh to be fair, I love the idea. Starting things as a cute dating sim and then everything going insane into a post apocalyptic thing.
Also, I hope the PC version will be touch screen friendly.

Top Bottom