• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dell (US Only): 21% off PS3, 360, and PSP. Inclues consoles, games, and accessories!

Firestorm

80GB PlayStation 3 - $316.99
160 GB PlayStation 3 Bundle - $395.24
Xbox 360 Arcade - $158.09
Xbox 360 Pro - $236.36
Xbox 360 Pro + Endwar - $250.17
Xbox 360 Elite - $315.41
PSP-2000 - $134.38
PSP-3000 Bundle - $158.09

Seems to apply to games as well.
For example: $47.42 for Tales of Vesperia which I'm hearing rumours is now discontinued at both Best Buy and Toys R Us.

Also accessories
For example: $39.52 for 4000 Microsoft Points
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...ail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=6099&sku=A1139507

Browse Yourself: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=6488&cs=6099&l=en&s=eep&redirect=1

The extra 7% will not be reflected until you add it to your cart.

Source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210920

All purchases over $129 qualify for free shipping. Many offers end on January 20th.

Akia

Very tempting. Though this sale must suck for all the people that bought systems during the 15% off deal over the holidays. While I have the money for either a PS3 or a 360 I don't think decreasing my "New PC 2009" fund is worth it. Playing Starcraft II at launch is a way bigger priority currently.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
On a Tangent, why don't we have a Cheap Ass Gaffer, NA edition? Both parts of Pal-land have one.

Fox318

Akia said:
Very tempting. Though this sale must suck for all the people that bought systems during the 15% off deal over the holidays. While I have the money for either a PS3 or a 360 I don't think decreasing my "New PC 2009" fund is worth it. Playing Starcraft II at launch is a way bigger priority currently.
I've always found electronic deals are better after the holidays.

TJ Spyke

That PSP-2000 would probably be one of the later ones that haven't been hacked yet, right?

Not that it matters, I don't have the money to get it anyways.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Firestorm said:
Canada has one too. Running for almost 2 years now :eek:
Why not the US? I mean, I am sure gaf could of cleaned up on the Hollywood video sale of 6th gen games for $3.99

Firestorm

luxarific said:
Uncharted Bundle now or wait for price cut? Hmmmm....
Let's say we see the unlikely event that the Uncharted Bundle gets a $100 price cut. You'll still be paying $5 more.

Shadowlink123 said:
I think they are only that cheap if you have the Dell Card.
Or click the damn link. If they're broken, tell me. I only got some of them from CAG. I did my own browsing for the rest.

AniHawk

80GB PS3 is cheaper there than a $300 system with tax by about eight bucks. Too bad I get paid the week after next.

Firestorm

voodoopanda said:
If I were to get the Xbox 360 Pro for $236.36, what else would I need to grab? Cables? Wifi? Anything else?
I'd grab a 4000 MS Points as that's about as cheap as you'll probably get them unless you're Wario64. Separate order would have shipping costs I think. The console comes with an ethernet cord. If you want to go wireless, you'll need a wireless adapter.

You'll also need to buy Tales of Vesperia and Bioshock (if you don't own it for another console) for maximum fun levels.

Synless

NomarTyme said:
Noticeable scan lines with 2d games.
I've seen this in pics but is it really as bad as they show? I mean some people take the worst possible pictures to make it look way worse than it is.

TJ Spyke

voodoopanda said:
If I were to get the Xbox 360 Pro for $236.36, what else would I need to grab? Cables? Wifi? Anything else?

Unlike the other HD console, the Xbox 360 comes with component cables. You do need a Wi-Fi adapter though (or you could plug it into your router).

Firestorm

Synless said:
I've seen this in pics but is it really as bad as they show? I mean some people take the worst possible pictures to make it look way worse than it is.
If it's anything like what I see when I'm playing an interlaced video/game on my computer monitor, it's gonna be pretty bad. Why not look at the PSP-2000 instead?

Synless

Firestorm said:
If it's anything like what I see when I'm playing an interlaced video/game on my computer monitor, it's gonna be pretty bad. Why not look at the PSP-2000 instead?
I really would prefer the extra color that the new lcd was supposed to add. Also I like the built in mic so I don't have to buy one and carry it with me.

Firestorm

Ryu1999 said:
Fixed for neutrality
I don't remember needing to buy a wifi adapter for my 360. And I do remember my PS3's wifi being more annoying to set up than even the Wii. My PS3 is now connected using a ethernet cable which it didn't come with.

plot twist :eek: ps3 needed extra materials and 360 didn't!

Dragon

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
Unlike the other HD console, the Xbox 360 comes with component cables. You do need a Wi-Fi adapter though (or you could plug it into your router).

Unlike other threads on GAF, this thread doesn't have to dissolve into system warz.

NomarTyme

Synless said:
All depends on you. I don't find it that annoying enough. Although I don't own the PSP 3000, but I have tested myself.

Meier said:
Is this something that can be fixed with firmware? Or is it just always borked until they put out a new version?
Its a hardware thing, so no firmware fix. Sony said its not a problem so I don't think they'll be a fix version.

Rugasuki

Anyone have any idea what Gamestop gives as trade in credit on a pre-hdmi 20gb xbox 360 pro either with or without the HD? I may buy a Pro or a core unit to replace it.

Meier

Firestorm said:
Doesn't the 3000 have better battery life too? The 2000 for $135 is definitely a good deal, but the bundle of the 3000 is such a better value since I love Ratchet and would want to buy it anyway. Shame.

Wow, this is absurd... not a problem?
disgaea3ux1.jpg

Dragmire

I checked to see if Banjo-Kazooie: N&B was part of the sale, but they didn't have the game. Then I checked Amazon and it's $29.97 in case anyone is interested.

But my friend convinced me to wait on the game since my backlog is so ridiculously large. :p

:c

DMeisterJ

Banned
Meier said:
Doesn't the 3000 have better battery life too? The 2000 for $135 is definitely a good deal, but the bundle of the 3000 is such a better value since I love Ratchet and would want to buy it anyway. Shame.

Wow, this is absurd... not a problem?
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4964/disgaea3ux1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yes, it looks bad, but not every game suffers from that. In-fact, the only game that I even see that of is this Disgaea pic. Other games on the 3k look tons better, Ratchet Size Matters looks awesome.

This is another one of the internet myths that you have to take control of yourself. The problem is there, but not huge.

Meier

Firestorm said:
For batteries I just got some Eneloop batteries + charger. I use it for my 360 and Wii.
Same. Eneloop for the mother fucking win (thanks for the recommendation jonnyram!).

Is the extra 7% off like an emplyee discount from other companies (not Dell). I know my mom gets a discount through Comcast. I wonder if I can stack that too, or is that what the members deal thing is?

Oni Jazar

DMeisterJ said:
Yes, it looks bad, but not every game suffers from that. In-fact, the only game that I even see that of is this Disgaea pic. Other games on the 3k look tons better, Ratchet Size Matters looks awesome.

Same here. Why is that pic the ONLY example of poor image of the PSP 3000?

Firestorm

Proc said:
anything similar for canada?
No. Best deal on PS3 was week before Christmas (no tax, $370, free NHL 09). Best deal on 360 was during Boxing Week ($240 for pro).

Considering the exchange rate, we make it off pretty good though.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Firestorm said:
I don't remember needing to buy a wifi adapter for my 360. And I do remember my PS3's wifi being more annoying to set up than even the Wii. My PS3 is now connected using a ethernet cable which it didn't come with.

plot twist :eek: ps3 needed extra materials and 360 didn't!

Wait, your PS3 didn't come with an ethernet cable? Are you sure about that? Because mine did.

Anyways, I wish this deal applied to Canada too :(

Top Bottom