• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

MSNBC and Fox have been talking about nothing but Nancy Reagan all day, meanwhile CNN is still just "DEBATE TONIGHT! DEBATE TONIGHT!! DEBATE HYPE!!!"

Boke1879

You know what's funny? We see so many people complain about how there is something wrong with America when the republican reality shows get record ratings for their networks, yet also complain about how democratic debates are boring and not worth their time.

I tried to watch the republican debates, and besides the first and second ones, I have had a difficult time getting past the thirty-minute mark.

Yup. I understand the GOP debates are far more entertaining but don't say you're disgusted with our politics but then call the dem debates boring. At least they are far more substantive.

You know what's funny? We see so many people complain about how there is something wrong with America when the republican reality shows get record ratings for their networks, yet also complain about how democratic debates are boring and not worth their time.

I tried to watch the republican debates, and besides the first and second ones, I have had a difficult time getting past the thirty-minute mark.

I watch the GOP debates as an excuse to drink. It's like a train wreck. I watch the Democratic debates for policy. I may not personally care for Bernie Sanders as a candidate, but he's light years better than anything on the other side. I'd support him without question, but I like watching Hillary debate. She's damn good at it.

In other words, I like politic so I watch the Democrats debate. I enjoy watching clusterfucks, so I watch the GOP train wreck.

Lol I forget, what question was she answering there? It was pretty lol ��

It was a response to Chafee calling her unethical

Bronx-Man

Banned
MFvIvc6.gif

HUGE
Yuuuuuge.

MSNBC and Fox have been talking about nothing but Nancy Reagan all day, meanwhile CNN is still just "DEBATE TONIGHT! DEBATE TONIGHT!! DEBATE HYPE!!!"

I pretty sure our television media is only capable of 'properly' addressing a handful of things a day, if that.

Ambient80

I watch the GOP debates as an excuse to drink. It's like a train wreck. I watch the Democratic debates for policy. I may not personally care for Bernie Sanders as a candidate, but he's light years better than anything on the other side. I'd support him without question, but I like watching Hillary debate. She's damn good at it.

In other words, I like politic so I watch the Democrats debate. I enjoy watching clusterfucks, so I watch the GOP train wreck.

I think that's the only time I've heard Chafee speak.

That's a different one. Notice what she is wearing as well as the background.

You're right. That was a different "no." I remember it, but I don't remember what it was about. It was the first "No" gif I could find, though.

One thing that will be interesting to see is the ratings on this thing tonight. The most favourable MI poll for Bernie was him behind by 11 points. The breakdown was 55/44, which means there's essentially no one left to persuade.

Dead @ Chafee

Will miss this one, not missing Walking Dead for this.
I'm using this as an excuse to not watch the debate, even though I'd be skipping it anyway. Having any more debates is only destructive at this point. Hoping that Clinton doesn't even acknowledge Sanders on the stage and talks GE-style only. He's not worthy of her attention anymore. Though I guess I might be willing to entertain the idea of faking that he has a shot until Tuesday when he gets slaughtered in Michigan.

Even CNN doesn't give a shit about this debate! They're running original programming immediately after and not even a debate analysis. You know the situation is meaningless when even the hosts don't care.

Holmes

You're right. That was a different "no." I remember it, but I don't remember what it was about. It was the first "No" gif I could find, though.

One thing that will be interesting to see is the ratings on this thing tonight. The most favourable MI poll for Bernie was him behind by 11 points. The breakdown was 55/44, which means there's essentially no one left to persuade.
I believe it was from the MSNBC debate in early February when she was asked to comment on Sanders' ads and mailers featuring favorable quotes of him from groups or papers that endorsed Clinton.

And for Cenk to call foul play on Sanders getting hard questions after he bungles them.

Secretary Clinton, please elaborate on your understanding of Jewish theology as it applies to the concept of making America whole again, and, can you tell the American people why they just absolutely hate you, even though nearly 1.5 million more people have voted for you than for Senator Sanders?

Senator Sanders, are the banks good or bad?

This week is going to be packed. We got 2 debates and the town hall tomorrow night.

We had

Super Saturday
Debate Sunday
Townhall Monday
Michigan/MS Tuesday

Get your political life!

I hope he does. His clean campaign is honorable but the Clinton camp is playing dirty right wing tactics that unfortunately still work on the supposedly "liberal" party base, he needs to fight back.

Please name these "right wing tactics" she's engaging in. Before you do, let's remind ourselves that Bernie's campaign is the one who hacked into Hillary's database. Bernie's campaign is the one who sent mailers pretending they had received endorsements from groups they hadn't. And Bernie's campaign is the one that had workers impersonate Union members to gain access to areas they weren't supposed to be in.

dcSeJaT.jpg

Bill gets it. He totally gets it.

IJoel

Zd9VZqdmULhtK.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Please name these "right wing tactics" she's engaging in. Before you do, let's remind ourselves that Bernie's campaign is the one who hacked into Hillary's database. Bernie's campaign is the one who sent mailers pretending they had received endorsements from groups they hadn't. And Bernie's campaign is the one that had workers impersonate Union members to gain access to areas they weren't supposed to be in.

dcSeJaT.jpg

Hacked is kind of a strong word for a permission issue screw up.

How wide spread was the endorsement thing? I remember the Latino Student Council President of that College, but that later turned out to be a misunderstanding.

dcSeJaT.jpg

For a start, labeling all his supporters as white misogynist? Did the same thing with Obama with his "Obama boys". Never mind her flipflopping.

Hacked is kind of a strong word for a permission issue screw up.

How wide spread was the endorsement thing? I remember the Latino Student Council President of that College, but that later turned out to be a misunderstanding.

He sent out mailers that insinuated that AARP endorsed his plan. AARP's political side had to release a statement saying that they hadn't endorsed him, and wanted to be clear on it. Another, stated that t League of Conservation Voters supported him, even though they endorsed Hilary. They had to pull and redo an ad that aired in NH because it stated that two different news papers endorsed him when they really hadn't.

Then he stated that Brenda Romero, a DREAMER was an advisor to his campaign and a supporter, even though she wasn't and supported Hillary.

Or the number of people that he's claimed are foreign policy advisors who, when questioned, have said they've either never spoken to him or only spoke to him at events/functions where they spoke to a lot of other senators.

For a start, labeling all his supporters as white misogynist? Did the same thing with Obama with his "Obama boys". Never mind her flipflopping.

Please show me where Hillary's campaign has said that all of Bernie's supporters are white misogynists. The "flip flopping" has nothing to do with "right wing" attacks on Bernie Sanders.

watershed

Banned
Well this will be interesting. I don't think Hillary can stay in this "pivot to the general election" mode with Bernie standing on stage with her. This primary isn't over yet. Even with the delegate math, I don't think Hillary wants this to drag out into a numbers game. Can she try to shut down Bernie while also unifying the party against the GOP?

fantomena

And then Obama pops in and screams "BOOOOOYA MOTHERFUCKERS, I CHANGED THE RULES. I'LL BE RUNNING FOR A 3RD TERM. SEEYA CHICKEWINGS!"

samn

dcSeJaT.jpg

Bill set up rallies outside polling stations illegally and blocked people from voting.

Bill set up rallies outside polling stations illegally and blocked people from voting.

It wasn't a rally. He was greeting poll workers and voters. Electioneering laws apply to state elections not party primaries. Had he done something illegal, the penalty is a $20.00 fine. Unless he single handedly managed to disenfranchise 20,000 people in the state of Massachusetts, then I'ma need something else.
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2016/03/04/bill-clinton-massachusetts-election-law/

samn

It wasn't a rally. He was greeting poll workers and voters. Electioneering laws apply to state elections not party primaries. Had he done something illegal, the penalty is a $20.00 fine. Unless he single handedly managed to disenfranchise 20,000 people in the state of Massachusetts, then I'ma need something else.
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2016/03/04/bill-clinton-massachusetts-election-law/

that he disenfranchised even one person is bad enough and he should be in jail

and if not in jail for that then in jail for his 90s shenanigans

legacyzero

Banned
Kyle Kulinski (Youtube) mentioned that Hilary winning so many southern states isnt necessarily good for Hillary in the GE, because they're mostly red states. Is this correct?

I hope he does. His clean campaign is honorable but the Clinton camp is playing dirty right wing tactics that unfortunately still work on the supposedly "liberal" party base, he needs to fight back.
He needs to go in on the lies, flip flops, conflicts of interest, etc. Too much of Hilary's dishonesty and support of special interests to go untouched. And when somebody DOES try to address it with her, she dodges and deflects. Its embarrassing.

dcSeJaT.jpg

Id love to post a list, but im on mobile.

giga

why are you being so lenient? no less than a life sentence without parole.

clav

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...partly-because-both-republicans-and-democrats

cXUOLpY.png

Fair and balanced.

That's... not how primaries work.

The implication is her performance in the primaries is not indicative of her performance in the GE because many of the states she's winning are 99% guaranteed to vote republican anyway.

Of the swing states, Sanders has won Colorado, New Hampshire, tied Iowa and Clinton won Nevada and Virginia with Ohio and Florida yet to be decided so this doesn't have a whole lot of merit, but it is interesting how the "southern firewall" is all red states.

Adam, notice that Bill is picking up a bottle of unflavored Tito's vodka. Learn a lesson.

A supposedly-liberal Bernie supporter who wants Bill Clinton in jail. Hmm. Seen it all now.

The implication is her performance in the primaries is not indicative of her performance in the GE because many of the states she's winning are 99% guaranteed to vote republican anyway.

Of the swing states, Sanders has won Colorado, New Hampshire, tied Iowa and Clinton won Nevada and Virginia with Ohio and Florida yet to be decided so this doesn't have a whole lot of merit, but it is interesting how the "southern firewall" is all red states.

He did not tie in Iowa. He lost. She gained more delegates at every level in the process than he did.

Again, though, it's not a great argument. 14 of the 29 states Obama won in 2008 ended up voting Republican. Only 7 of the 21 states Hillary won in 2008 went to the Republicans. The "firewall" has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with demographics. Bernie hasn't won a state that has a large minority population. His best performance among AA voters was only losing them 77/22 in Oklahoma. His best performance among Latinos (that we can back up with actual data) is a 30ish point loss in Texas.

Kangi

but it is interesting how the "southern firewall" is all red states.

I mean

what else would a southern firewall imply?

We don't exactly have liberal utopias down here.

I understand that. I wasn't talking about that.

If there's anything to extrapolate from what states she's winning, it's that she has a massive amount of black voter support. That's good for the GE. Beyond that, there's not much to infer. You win red states and you win blue states, that's how primaries go.

Tbf, I feel like Bernie's team has gone much more negative (though neither of them are anywhere near as bad as the Republicans). His team or his proxies at any rate. Way more character-based stuff.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Adam, notice that Bill is picking up a bottle of unflavored Tito's vodka. Learn a lesson.

A supposedly-liberal Bernie supporter who wants Bill Clinton in jail. Hmm. Seen it all now.

Well Bill is more conservative than Saddam Hussein...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

The majority blue states aren't likely to just pass Hillary and go Red if Bernie loses.

Holmes

I mean, only one (Democratic) candidate has been using right-wing attacks on Clinton and Obama on his Twitter account and in his stump speeches lately...

Boke1879

Tbf, I feel like Bernie's team has gone much more negative (though neither of them are anywhere near as bad as the Republicans). His team or his proxies at any rate. Way more character-based stuff.

I see a lot of his die hard supporters doing this more so. At least on twitter. I see more attacks on Hillary rather than seeing support for his message or talk on his policies.

Holmes

I mean

what else would a southern firewall imply?

We don't exactly have liberal utopias down here.

If there's anything to extrapolate from what states she's winning, it's that she has a massive amount of black voter support. That's good for the GE. Beyond that, there's not much to infer. You win red states and you win blue states, that's how primaries go.
Kangi, your vote doesn't count, you live in a red state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom