• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

ikk2Uwj.png

What is this?
The NBC News - YouTube Democratic Candidates Debate, hosted by the Congressional Black Caucus Institute. This is the 4th Democratic Party debate of who will lose to the unlimited power of Trump. The moderators will be Lester Holt, and Andrea Mitchell.

When is this?
January 17th at 9 pm eastern time.

Where is this?
Charleston, South Carolina. The primary for this state will be held on February 27th.

How can I watch this?
If you're in America, you can watch it on your local NBC channel. You can also try to watch it on NBCNews.com and youtube.com/NBCNews.com.

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2Nokoq1J4

Why should I watch this?
It's not that important, but it might be the last time you see of Martin O'Malley. The next debate is on February 11th, after a caucus and a primary.

What state contests will O'Malley lose, and cause him to quit the race before the next debate?
February 1st - Iowa (Caucus). This state is full of cows and corn subsidies. Hillary is still in the lead so far, but there could be a last minute bern.

February 9th - New Hampshire (Primary). This is Sandernista-ville. But never say never to Hillary pulling an upset.

Tell me more in a fair and balanced manner about the three remaining Democratic candidates.

Hillary Clinton
jiVRYhd.png
bMF37SE.png

Positives:
  • First woman president. I guess, whatever.
  • Better than <insert Republican candidate>.
  • Second time's a charm.
  • Will politely ask Wall Street to "cut it out, pls".
  • Great at avoiding sniper fire.
  • Can hold her own against Senator McCain in a vodka chugging contest.
  • Pragmatic.
Negatives:
  • Thanks to the documentary 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Hillary's lies have been exposed. Reenactment of future trial.
  • Likes to use the bathroom.
  • Too old.
  • DINO.
  • Has New York values.
  • Married to a sleazy horn-dog.
  • Pragmatic.
Relevant Quotes:
  • Hillary Clinton to journalist said:
    This is my first presidential campaign and I want to make friends, so I'll say this to you and we'll start fresh. If you don't like my jokes, don't laugh. If you want an interview, then please speak up and speak up loud. But if you ever again tell me or my campaign staff that we're going to lose this nomination, I'm gonna take out your lungs with a fuckin' ice cream scoop. Do you understand me?
  • Hillary Clinton to Lincoln Chafee said:
    I have a J.D. from Yale Law School. I co-founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families. I was the first female partner at Rose Law Firm. I was First Lady of the United States, then a Senator, and later the Secretary of State. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that the Supreme Court doesn't become more conservative or that their Obamacare isn't repealed or that Planned Parenthood isn't defunded, who do you think they're praying to? Now go ahead and read your Bible, Mr. Chafe, but if you're looking for God, she'll be in the Oval Office on January 20th 2017, and she doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.
Bernie Sanders
UuCjcDA.png
IYgrJvE.png
lol
Positives:
  • First Jewish president. Fuck yeah.
  • Youthful magnetism. Seductive smile.
  • Not a DINO.
  • Historic minority support.
  • Free Berniephones for everyone.
  • King of Reddit.
Negatives:
  • He's a goddamn commie.
  • Accent is right out of Newsies.
  • Ghostwriter of "Fifty Shades of Grey". Original title "Taste the Bern".
  • Doesn't own a comb.
  • Inevitable disappointment.
  • Berniephones will be paid with a 90 percent tax on the souls of each middle class American.
  • King of Reddit.
Relevant Quote:
  • Excerpt from Taste the Bern said:
    Before I know it, he&#8217;s got both of my hands in his viselike grip above my head, and he&#8217;s pinning me to the wall while discussing how the top 0.1 percent of Americans have almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent&#8230; His other hand grabs my hair and yanks down, bringing my face up, and his lips are on mine &#8230; My tongue tentatively strokes his and joins him in a slow, erotic dance &#8230; His bern is against my belly..
Martin O'Malley
ksO1Na9.png
JIxVz3S.png

Positives:
  • Received the fitness grade of A- from Health Fitness Revolution.
Negatives:
Relevant Quote:
  • None.
Where are the Hamtaro references???
OK, fine. Here's a Hamtaro theme.

h17ORpL.png
ObW4InG.png
wJv7Rkw.png
QShYzM2.png
BeTAKuP.png

lYOCSxH.png
bmwEA61.png
zRW8uZ4.png
TwsH57t.png
HY6ea4f.png

Hillary Clinton as Oxnard
She's easily swayed by sunflower seed billionaires.

Bernie Sanders as Hamtaro
That's his face when he first learned that the top 0.1 percent of Americans have almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent.

Martin O'Malley as Jingle
O'Malley plays a guitar. Jingle plays a guitar.

Jim Webb as Sabu
Jim Webb will kill you for a sunflower seed.

Barack Obama as Bijou
Like Bijou, Obama is foreign born. #unansweredquestions #islamic

Gone, but not forgotten.
y2MycEL.png

Thanks to MrHoot for creating the punished Webb picture. Google for supplying me those other images. Additional thanks to Hamtaro, Lincoln Chafee, Michael Bay, the movie Malice, author E. L. James, and myself.

Man, I never even know when these debates are taking place. I'm surprised anyone does.

Nice OP, OP.

Edit: WTF @ that Bernie quote. I take back what I said.

Sanders; even though he is Jewish, isn't it true that he has been called an anti-Semite for being against the way Israel is run? He still believes Israel has a right to exist, which from what I can gather, is a sensible thing to say. I just don't see how abolishing the state of Israel would end the violence!?

samn

Sanders; even though he is Jewish, isn't it true that he has been called an anti-Semite for being against the way Israel is run? He still believes Israel has a right to exist, which from what I can gather, is a sensible thing to say. I just don't see how abolishing the state of Israel would end the violence!?

Has he called for the abolition of the state of Israel?

phanphare

Banned
The DNC sure did a piss-poor job scheduling these debates.

this one's actually not that egregious because the big conflict this weekend is the NFL playoffs. the last game on Sunday is going to end right around when the debate starts, though it might overlap a bit because playoff games tend to run longer because of higher ratings/ad time.

Has he called for the abolition of the state of Israel?

no, he supports a two-state solution but he's been vocal about his dislike for netanyahu.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ghostwriter of "Fifty Shades of Grey". Original title "Taste the Bern".
Before I know it, he&#8217;s got both of my hands in his viselike grip above my head, and he&#8217;s pinning me to the wall while discussing how the top 0.1 percent of Americans have almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent&#8230; His other hand grabs my hair and yanks down, bringing my face up, and his lips are on mine &#8230; My tongue tentatively strokes his and joins him in a slow, erotic dance &#8230; His bern is against my belly..

sGfbx1l.gif

Can you believe this is the last Dem debate before Iowa?

GOP stll has one more debate before the Iowa caucus on the 28th.

Debbie with that iffy scheduling hmmm

hiryu64

Excerpt from Taste the Bern said:
Before I know it, he’s got both of my hands in his viselike grip above my head, and he’s pinning me to the wall while discussing how the top 0.1 percent of Americans have almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent… His other hand grabs my hair and yanks down, bringing my face up, and his lips are on mine … My tongue tentatively strokes his and joins him in a slow, erotic dance … His bern is against my belly..
tSgOsI9.jpg

no, he supports a two-state solution but he's been vocal about his dislike for netanyahu.

Wow, I just tried to find an article where a jewish organization called him a anti-semite for saying something to the effect that Israel was basically a facist state, but when I google it, I get some really weird results from blogs saying that is pro-Israel and apologetic towards the attacks on civilians last summer. It seems to be mostly political blogs and authors. Not any big news pieces.

This chronicles some of it, but reading the comments "he is no friend of Israel" I am now more confused; http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Where...andidate-for-president-stand-on-Israel-412448

Bernie's staff is hilarious. You have this guy who copy-pasted data obtained from a security vulnerability and then there's this other guy who's going around claiming that you can't use their campaign logo.

Another weekend debate. Not that it matters. These have been extremely boring every time. Hilary just destroys Sanders every debate. Just go ahead and give her the nom.

This is the last chance the candidates have for an October surprise. The primary equivalent of an October surprise, anyway. A gaffe or heated exchange in this debate is likely the last thing to really shake up the polls before Iowa happens, and then momentum will take its course. On that basis, I'm pretty excited for this debate even if the DNC would prefer to broadcast it on an AM radio station.

Arkeband

Banned
Another weekend debate. Not that it matters. These have been extremely boring every time. Hilary just destroys Sanders every debate. Just go ahead and give her the nom.

She does well in foreign affairs, but the tone completely shifts when it comes to the economy and social issues.

rjinaz

This or playoffs. Hmmm...

Prediction:

Internet: Bernie Won
Establishment/Media: Hillary Won
Everybody: O'Malley did really well. Not that it matters.

Lkr

I'm surprised the debate isn't on tonight. Packers/Cardinals playoff game is on at 8:40 tonight and will probably have huge ratings. DNC is actually giving people the chance to hear Bernie

I'm surprised the debate isn't on tonight. Packers/Cardinals playoff game is on at 8:40 tonight and will probably have huge ratings. DNC is actually giving people the chance to hear Bernie

After the fourth playoff game everyone will be bloated and passed out on the couch. I doubt I'll be too alert when this airs.

rjinaz

The NFL forgot to send the DNC their latest script revisions.

She does well in foreign affairs, but the tone completely shifts when it comes to the economy and social issues.

Sanders only seems to do well on economy or social issues, but still hasn't revealed his plan on how he would actually accomplish his goals that he keeps talking about to fix those issues. Plus the way he talks and looks just makes him unelectable. If he won the democratic nomination that would pretty much hand the republicans the white house. He isn't presidential at all.

Tesseract

Banned
Sanders only seems to do well on economy or social issues, but still hasn't revealed his plan on how he would actually accomplish his goals that he keeps talking about to fix those issues. Plus the way he talks and looks just makes him unelectable. If he won the democratic nomination that would pretty much hand the republicans the white house. He isn't presidential at all.

polls tell a different story, put him above hillary against trump or cruz

yer talking bollocks

fantomena

Im a Bernie supporter, but I hope everyone wil l be doing great cause fuck the GOP.

I will be super happy even if Bernie loses and Hillary becomes president because the GOP candidates scares the shit out of me.

Arkeband

Banned

Polls show Bernie being more electable than Trump, but hey, what do they know.

He has repeatedly stated that many of his plans rely on voters to turn out for midterms. Which is the same issue Hillary will have, by the way, since Republicans think she's Literally Hitler. They have begrudging respect for Bernie even though they think he's a communist, since they value balls over brains.

If you think Hillary will have any easier time passing legislation than Bernie, you haven't been paying attention.

Holmes

kitty, Sanders isn't a DINO because he's not even a Democrat. Please redo entire OP.

If you think Hillary will have any easier time passing legislation than Bernie, you haven't been paying attention.
Oh yeah, the Democrats in Congress will really stick their necks out for Sanders' plans if he's elected, so much so that they're lining up to endorse him. lol They're only endorsing one candidate (the only Senator to endorse Sanders is.... Sanders), which means they're willing to fight for one candidate's proposals and legislation when push comes to shove.

Also, did you see that GOP debate the other night? How many times was Sanders even mentioned? And how many times was Clinton mentioned? No one outside of Democrats is even paying attention or attacking the guy. He's getting a free ride for now when it comes to the general electorate.

Wiz

They schedule these at the worst times.

Might as well make the next one during the super bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom