• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority blue states aren't likely to just pass Hillary and go Red if Bernie loses.

I know, that's why I didn't bring them up, by that same token red states aren't suddenly going to go blue if Hillary gets the nom. I only mentioned swing states.

It's a dumb argument anyway, I'm not "defending" it just trying to explain it lol.

http://www.economist.com/news/unite...partly-because-both-republicans-and-democrats

cXUOLpY.png

Fair and balanced.

That's part of the reason I think Trump could be dangerous in a GE, the dude would just be getting 24/7 non-stop free advertising from the media.

Blader

Hacked is kind of a strong word for a permission issue screw up.

How wide spread was the endorsement thing? I remember the Latino Student Council President of that College, but that later turned out to be a misunderstanding.
He claimed to be getting foreign policy advice from a number of people who said they had either never talked to Bernie or only met him in a passing at a party at some point in the past.

I know, that's why I didn't bring them up, by that same token red states aren't suddenly going to go blue if Hillary gets the nom. I only mentioned swing states.

It's a dumb argument anyway, I'm not "defending" it just trying to explain it lol.

There have been 4 swing states that have voted so far:

Iowa
Nevada
Virginia
New Hampshire

Hillary's won three of them.

fantomena

I found it hilarious how the delegates thing and coin tossing worked when it was a literal tie between Bernie and Hillary in Iowa.

Ive said it before and I still say that the system is undemocratic.

Anybody know of a way to watch this thing outside the US? The official CNN stream is only available to American viewers.

edit: False alarm, people. Tried reloading the link for the stream, and it let me slide in real nice.

Blader

I found it hilarious how the delegates thing and coin tossing worked when it was a literal tie between Bernie and Hillary in Iowa.

The coin tosses did not decide any important outcomes.

I'd still call CO swing.

You're right. I forgot Colorado! It's probably less swingy than some place like Virginia, though.

So,

Iowa
New Hampshire
Colorado
Virginia
Nevada

Bernie was always going to win NH no matter what happened, but he did have a nice win in CO. So, we'd still be 3/2 if we buy into the fiction that wins in swing states mean more.

Also, Red States are already punished in the nominating contest anyway, especially if you view them in terms of the electoral college.

Mass is worth 11 electoral votes, as is Tennessee. However, in the Dem primary, Tenn is worth 67 delegates while Mass is worth 91.

nillah

Banned
One of the main reasons Ron Paul lost was because yes while a logical, sound man, he didn't attack any of his opponents. So it should be interested if Bernie takes some target practice, Lord knows he has it in him.

zou

Still better than many European countries where nominees are decided by the party.

Steel

Banned
One of the main reasons Ron Paul lost was because yes while a logical, sound man, he didn't attack any of his opponents. So it should be interested if Bernie takes some target practice, Lord knows he has it in him.

One of the main reasons Ron Paul lost is because he was a libertarian with only one answer that he applied to everything.

Makai

If he attacked someone, they would have turn around and wrecked him in a second.

Gruco

Banned
Our country's pretty old.

Little known fact. William Henry Harrison won the presidency from Martin van Buren in a game of blackjack on the floor of the Senate. It was an obscure legal procedure since outlawed under the 26th amendment. Literally anyone could have won the presidency in a game of blackjack until 1971.

Again, though, what else could they do? They can't award a portion of a delegate, so they have to do something. This is, at least, chance. They could pull a name out of a hat or something.

Spoken like a man too squeamish to wield a bone saw in the name of democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom