• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze 2 - Japan release date announced October 13th 2016

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cd8HN5d.jpg

Seems like at the Kadokawa presser today they finally released news on the Japan release date for Demon Gaze 2. October 13th, 2016
Info came from a JP twitter user thats attending the event and has been tweeting out other info from it.

Other source
AqdaZ2R.jpg

http://gamestalk.net/post-60741/
Demon Gaze II will launch for PS Vita in Japan on October 13 for 6,300 yen, Kadokawa Games announced at its summer press conference today.
Pre-orders will include a “Best Selection Demon Gaze Music” CD featuring music from Demon Gaze and Demon Gaze II.
The publisher said the Demon Gaze series was conceived as a trilogy, and that they’re aiming at a million sales worldwide for the franchise.
*Credits to Gematsu

Official JP HP
http://demongaze.jp/dg2/
*Site has been updated.

Seems like preorders will be coming with a best selection Demon Gaze music from I & II.
gW1n1js.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/323/G032387/20160613047/

Debut Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOIGzkDSzN8

1upsuper

Gotta say I'm a bit let down by the character designs this time around. Despite the hyper-sexualization, I liked a bunch of the designs in the first game but these just look kinda blah so far in comparison. Oh well, still looking forward to the game.

Parakeetman

Added the debut trailer to the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOIGzkDSzN8

Interesting there are some characters named after ones in the first game in DG2 it seems. New Prometh & Cassel. Am guessing the elf is Lezerems replacement. If it somehow actually is him would be hilarious. Though the hairstyle is wrong so dont have high hopes for that. On top of it looks like time wise this is in the future.

The original was one of my most positive gaming surprises in recent years, so I'm really looking forward to this. Not seeing any significant disparity in character designs, the main cast from DG1 were already pretty low tier in that department. Excluding the demons at least.

Parakeetman

The gem board looks the same for the most part cept for a few spaces.

The House and Brass Knuckles (Fist Weapons) for starters.

House = Furniture is what the desc says in the pic.

They got rid of Special Weapons and the Random Drop gems. Forgot what it was called the square one upper left.

Had done this up from earlier info dumps from JP sites. So not too much of a big change when it comes to the gem board in this game it seems.

Looks like the OHP is updated also.

Quick music samples of from the bonus disc
http://demongaze.jp/dg2/special/

Tailzo

How does this series compare to for example Etrian Odyssey? I'm playing EOIV on 3ds right now and I'm really enjoying it. Better than the first game I tried on DS many years ago from what I can remember.

Parakeetman

How does this series compare to for example Etrian Odyssey? I'm playing EOIV on 3ds right now and I'm really enjoying it. Better than the first game I tried on DS many years ago from what I can remember.

Gameplay wise its quite different, since there is not as much synergy between the classes. Though folks liked the fast paced battles and story characters. Also how you get equipment with gem circles, basically up to 3 items you can place which will dictate the general drops you will get from that particular battle. The demon system is like a "6th" party member that is AI controlled which also can give passive effects, such as damage panel negation and have active skills which can be selected in battle.

If this game the general design with the leveling / skills is the same what it will be is skills are gated off by levels.Though you distribute your own stats points upon leveling. Though there will be items which you can equip that allows you to use other classes skills called artifacts.

Its a bit different from the EO series where it is distributing skill points into skill trees.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of the new designs (RIP inn manager) but the game looks great. Soundtrack seems to be just as good as the first game as well.

Parakeetman

Not a fan of the new designs (RIP inn manager) but the game looks great. Soundtrack seems to be just as good as the first game as well.

I see no Pinay, but I think Draco will fill that empty space in my heart just fine.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I see no Pinay, but I think Draco will fill that empty space in my heart just fine.
Yep, seems like a good Mars replacement. The demon designs look good but they seem to have used the meiQ artist for their transdemon forms, who draws eyes a little strangely.

Kinda odd its 6.8k on Amazon currently.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01GV5C0BE/
Should drop to 5576 within a week or two once amazon does their usual 18% price cut on preorders. Wonder if they'll come out with an international version this time too. Was there any additional bonus content in the international version of DG1 other than english?

Parakeetman

Thank you for taking the time to explain the differences. I am interested, and I'll keep an eye on the sequel :)

No problem. Since it seems like this may be connected to the first in some way, if you feel like checking it out think you should be able to get DG for fairly cheap.

Yep, seems like a good Mars replacement. The demon designs look good but they seem to have used the meiQ artist for their transdemon forms, who draws eyes a little strangely.

Should drop to 5576 within a week or two once amazon does their usual 18% price cut on preorders. Wonder if they'll come out with an international version this time too. Was there any additional bonus content in the international version of DG1 other than english?

I think they had some special limited offer DLC portraits from the Manga. Cant remember if the game included NIS portraits or not. Been way too long since I switched it on.

Tailzo

No problem. Since it seems like this may be connected to the first in some way, if you feel like checking it out think you should be able to get DG for fairly cheap.

I think they had some special limited offer DLC portraits from the Manga. Cant remember if the game included NIS portraits or not. Been way too long since I switched it on.

Just to let you know, I just bought Demon Gaze (1) for the Vita. So I'm ready for the sequel too. Thank you for your advice :)

Parakeetman

Just to let you know, I just bought Demon Gaze (1) for the Vita. So I'm ready for the sequel too. Thank you for your advice :)

No problem and hope you enjoy the game. The colorful cast which populates the inn are fairly amusing and progressing through the dungeons should be fairly enjoyable.

Though at the start of the game things may be a little rough until you fill out your party by fully renting out rooms in the inn.

Just keep gathering junk from the summoning circles and selling items to make the $$$ to purchase new rooms.

The first demon fight will be difficult just due to having low number of party members.

Top Bottom