• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Good luck!

the only thing you have to worry about screwing up is the stats point allocation, but thats kinda hard to do as the choices should be fairly obvious haha.

Thanks! Still have about 2k to earn, but money seems to be coming a bit faster now.

Last night I
beat Mars, poked some boobs, saw a naked elf dude in the bath, killed the plant monsters in the graveyard, and fixed the ether mill
. Busy day!

As off putting as I found them at first, I'm really starting to like these characters. I'll remember them after this is over for sure!

Currently going through Hermes' dungeon and didnotjustranawayfromagianttoadthatwasgoingtomurdermyteam

tLVd3n0.jpg

CM3CK8x.jpg

CQlPS6A.jpg

kwTDpDP.jpg

UhpKygm.jpg

kW2Hpjq.jpg

I have no imagination with names.

Lucentto

Banned
Just beat the game, 35 hours. The last few bosses were assholes, but it didn't take me too long to figure them out. Fantastic game, easily one of the better games on the Vita. Now to start the post game...

bradigor

I might have screwed this up. I beat Chronos and now I have to
beat the Midgard Head, with a Gazer, Paladin and Fighter. I realise I should probably have a healer, but the only place I can do that is in Fran's Room and every time I enter there it wants me to start the battle

Is there anything I can do to get through this? As I really do not fancy starting again.

I might have screwed this up. I beat Chronos and now I have to
beat the Midgard Head, with a Gazer, Paladin and Fighter. I realise I should probably have a healer, but the only place I can do that is in Fran's Room and every time I enter there it wants me to start the battle

Is there anything I can do to get through this? As I really do not fancy starting again.

Did you save right before turning in the soul? If so you can go back out and grind before that battle/create a healer and grind.
Whistle is essential

bradigor

Did you save right before turning in the soul? If so you can go back out and grind before that battle/create a healer and grind.
Whistle is essential

Ah ha, my Gazer is at Level 9 now and close to leveling up to level 10.

I still can't create a Healer though, as every time I enter the Manager's Room, I need to partake in that battle. I will go and grind for a bit though first, thanks.

Ah ha, my Gazer is at Level 9 now and close to leveling up to level 10.

I still can't create a Healer though, as every time I enter the Manager's Room, I need to partake in that battle. I will go and grind for a bit though first, thanks.
Oh yeah forgot the managers room is locked to the event.
Go forth and conquer!!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I assume the question has been asked a million times, but I have Fighter, Paladin, wizard and healer, would you guys recommend Samurai or Assassin? Advantages/Disadvantages of both?

Jindrael

Banned
Does the game get considerably harder later on?
The first 2 dungeons seemed really easy, I'm considering upping the difficulty to "hot" but I think there might is a difficulty spike later on.

pariah164

The first 2 dungeons seemed really easy, I'm considering upping the difficulty to "hot" but I think there might is a difficulty spike later on.
Well, there's a level later on...
It takes place underwater, and you can't use any spells at all. I think it's hard, but I could just be not used to dungeon crawlers, lol.

Oh damn, after the Chronos fight
That dark turn. Damn, didn't expect that even though I expected Lorna to die at some point because death flags. Even the oddly calming Vocaloid music turned into sad and depressing music now.

The Chronos
& Hydra
fight were super easy for me. I used a Gazer, Samurai, Paladin and Healer party with everyone at level 10 except for my Samurai who was at level 6, but she was still able to deal out some good damage on the boss.

God this game is really damn fun. I think I might up the difficulty, but I'm already going through this game really slowly and trying to get at least 3-5 levels before the next boss. It's been a while since I've played a game like Demon Gaze as well.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It does get quite difficult imo; just had to grind for items for a tough boss.

Are there some good tips for the start or things to keep in mind? Gonna try to get my dungeon crawin' on with this.

Not that far yet but:

1. Use multiple saves
2. Grind
3. Some items only use is to be sold (even says so in the description), so sell them
4. Make sure you can cover rent before returning to the inn (not that hard really)
5. Get a healing staff
6. Check the bulletin board

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I had preordered this but then futureshop canceled my order. Now I'm having doubts.. Fans of all things wizardry and FPRPGS - is this worth trying?

Is it long?

Shengar

Played consecutively for hours last night, and managed to beat both Mars and Chronos (two times). Mars isn't that hard with my healer constant Avoid spell to both Gazer and Paladin. Meanwhile the latter keep holy charging Mars to the death. Unfortunately my Gazer just died ONE turn before Mars defeated, so there goes EXP for him and my Paladin become the lead in level.

Chronos is much easier than Mars actually especially with Samurai since its passive raise your physical attack. But like a streak of bad luck, my ney Samurai just died again ONE turn before my Paladin landed the finishing blow. Does the bad luck ends? lol of course not as the next event ambush me with my Ney Samurai still dead. The hydra proceed to curmbstomped me as it oneshotted my Healer. But I guess it's not bad luck after all since I managed to beat Chronos the second time with everybody still alive.

Dugna

I know these types of games are supposed to have hard parts and stuff, but what is the point of formation when bosses just ignore that crap and attack your back row?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I know these types of games are supposed to have hard parts and stuff, but what is the point of formation when bosses just ignore that crap and attack your back row?

Probably reduced damage done to your characters like in many other games with back and front rows. In games like Final Fantasys, back rows also meant dealing less damage but given that this game's weapons have 3 different range levels this is probably not implementated.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ok, im getting reamed by the plant blob early in the game. I have a level 5 paladin and gazer. Do i need more team members?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
any advice on which characters i should get?

If you are new to the genre highly suggest a healer to help out! If you want to farm stuff for money and dont plan on going up against another boss soon get a Samurai. The samurai will get an all front row attack from Lv. 4. Which is useful for just grinding away on weaker enemies for cash and exp.

But yeah healers are great and still do suggest it over the samurai for your third character.

I'm not sure whether to go with Wizard or Ranger for my 5th class. I have a Paladin/Samurai/Healer right now. Is Wizard mostly utility and Ranger backrow DPS?

Parakeetman

I'm not sure whether to go with Wizard or Ranger for my 5th class. I have a Paladin/Samurai/Healer right now. Is Wizard mostly utility and Ranger backrow DPS?

Go with the ranger, you wont have to worry about MP as much so to speak. The Wizard I didnt really find all that useful personally... But thats just me. Plus this game isnt exactly like more traditional Wizardry titles where you need to have a wizard around to kill some things.

While its a bit strange, I used an assassin w/ a bow in the back row instead of a ranger.

Ironjam

Is there an item or skill against the instant death effect (Dead status on weapons)? Came across a Dullahan and a Death Knight and they both insta-killed my Paladin. Was starting to think my Paladin was invincible with 800+ HP and 80-90 def, but that thought didnt last long. :lol

Razma1

Is there an item or skill against the instant death effect (Dead status on weapons)? Came across a Dullahan and a Death Knight and they both insta-killed my Paladin. Was starting to think my Paladin was invincible with 800+ HP and 80-90 def, but that thought didnt last long. :lol

Paladin gets a built in skill that stop OHKO called Holy Guard I believe. You can also get the artifact and use it on anyone.

Ironjam

Paladin gets a built in skill that stop OHKO called Holy Guard I believe. You can also get the artifact and use it on anyone.

Oh, i assumed it stopped normal attacks that would go over you health bar and OHKO you, but yea it makes more sense this way. Thanks.

Razma1

Oh, i assumed it stopped normal attacks that would go over you health bar and OHKO you, but yea it makes more sense this way. Thanks.

Well I'm not 100% but based on text it should. Sometimes you just run into crazy hard random battles that are harder then any of the bosses.

Parakeetman

Well I'm not 100% but based on text it should. Sometimes you just run into crazy hard random battles that are harder then any of the bosses.

The Japanese text says the same thing, so it should defend against "fatal" type of attacks. Also guards against paralyze.

fedexpeon

Banned

Ranger is pretty good in mid/endgame.
Variable shots+pierce, and True Snipe are great skills.
Wiz is pretty must useless with one artifact you can get that would remove debuffs from bosses...so yeah, don't go Wizard.

Razma1

Ranger is pretty good in mid/endgame.
Variable shots+pierce, and True Snipe are great skills.
Wiz is pretty must useless with one artifact you can get that would remove debuffs from bosses...so yeah, don't go Wizard.

I agree Wiz is alright but uh falls off quite a bit once you can get specific artifacts. I might switch mine out after I finish the main story off in a bit here.

Edit: Made a ranger was hitting 2x harder then wiz 15 levels lower and I had artifacts for healer to use the force spells. Finished game first try time for post game tomorrow!

Sight, so my first fight against
Chronos
ended in epic failure, after my gazer passed out and the game thought it would be a great idea to move my healer to the front row ><

Is there any way to keep this from happening? Should I slap a bow and my gazer and throw him in the back row so he gets moved up instead?

My first meeting with
Hermes
was a colossal failure.

Time to grind

Finally filled my party

F: Gazer
F: Paladin
F: Samurai
B: Healer
B: Ranger

Had to take a rest, after spending too much time playing today and not enough time working. I think I am coming up to my 4th Demon now, but lost in a forest. The grinding on this isn't actually all that bad.

I know the feel of the bolded lol

bradigor

Finally filled my party

F: Gazer
F: Paladin
F: Samurai
B: Healer
B: Ranger

Had to take a rest, after spending too much time playing today and not enough time working. I think I am coming up to my 4th Demon now, but lost in a forest. The grinding on this isn't actually all that bad.

Received my Ltd Ed box from NISA today - not bad coming up to Canada... Picked up Conception II and a few PSP games too...

I like the Limited Edition but the book's smaller than I anticipated... It's an attractive box though; I'm looking forward to listening to the soundtrack, but will save it until I've played the game a bit and been introduced to it there...

Parakeetman

Are unique items the ones that have star icons? If so, why are people saying that you can only get one of each per playthrough?

Because thats what its supposed to be. There is something that you can do to get certain items twice, but didnt read up on it.

cj_iwakura

Started earlier. I love how similar to Xth it is. Even the same icons and font(numeral wise).

Could use less cheesecake, though.

Top Bottom