• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls coming to America.

Hobbun

Macmanus said:
Japanese RPGs typically force a narrative on you that I've never fallen in love with, coupled with the standard menu based combat. (Neither of these things are always static, but are simply my personal experiences with the genre.) The only real JRPGs that I played all the way through and enjoyed were Earthbound and Brave Fencer Musashi.

WRPGs usually lack any cohesive story and are easily ignored so I can let my own imagination wander (Fallout, Elderscrolls) and if that isn't the case I can usually get into the story more than I can with anything eastern influenced. (Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate, Kotor)

Ok, fair enough. I certainly can understand the linearity of JRPGs, but it doesn’t affect me too much. Something I have grown accustomed to. Sometimes they do a good job at telling the story.

As for menu based systems, well, that is one of the reasons I love JRPGs. I prefer the old school combat, which includes the menus. :)

theBishop said:
Is there any reason to believe Voice Chat will be available in the NA version?

Nothing's been said from the Developer, so I doubt it. If 2 regions have survived without it, NA can as well I guess is their thinking.

Blue Heeler said:
Nothing's been said from the Developer, so I doubt it. If 2 regions have survived without it, NA can as well I guess is their thinking.
I will say that the text chat works very well for DS, both for helping to form a party with actual friends and for talking while in a party.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I already had the Deluxe Edition preordered, but that's a damn nice ugprade to both editions!

Loudninja

Big B

Wow..so sexy it hurts:

311rwn8.jpg

KTallguy

Banned
Music in the Nexus is bad ass, screw you guys.
I never ever had an issue with the music in the game. When it was there, it was suitable, or I was too busy running my fucking ass off to care.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've had the game for quite some time but never actually got the time to start it. Thinking of doing it sometime next week, I've prepared a new Dual Shock 3 for it (in case I break it, which will probably happen. Breaking three DS2 in God Hand and two Sixaxis for DMC4 is ridiculous. I admit.).
KTallguy said:
Music in the Nexus is bad ass, screw you guys.
I always thought Demon's Souls was music-less (wouldn't it create a bigger atmosphere?) Like in Diablo, I always turned of the music in that.

Loudninja

Volcynika said:
I might be reading that wrong, but isn't that just the same trophies as before, just maybe with different names, but the same requirements for the other versions?

Umm I think I read it wrong sorry :)

Loudninja

LordPhoque said:
Is it confirmed for Eurape yet ?
Aram Jabbari replied on July 29, 2009 at 11:27 am

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is strictly a North American publisher. We cannot speak for any other region.

As far as we are aware, there are currently no plans for Demon’s Souls to come to Europe.

Hopefully that will change, because it really is a unique, amazing experience and we’d love for everyone to be able to try it out!

renzengeki

Neo Member
this game is really nice. best action rpg i played in this generation of gaming. i spended like 160hrs on it :D beaten the game like 10 times. hmm im not sure if im going to buy that NA version of DS. but for those who are in doubt on the getting the game or not i highly suggest that you get it if you want a game that is challenging. because some of my friends bought the game and ended up selling it after a few days. not that they are casual gamers but they just couldnt handle the difficulty of the game. it will take time to learn the game mechanics maybe a day or two but its really fun and really rewarding.

Lan_97

I hope by slip case they mean a box that holds the game + extras like Persona 3, rather than something that just slides over the game case. Either way, I cannot wait.

scobur

Banned
I didn't know anything about this game prior to seeing a news post on Kotaku detailing the expanded pre-order bundle. Read up on it more and watched some videos out of curiosity. I'm now very interested to try it when it releases.

demosthenes said:
I know it'd be cheaper but do you know anyone well enough to ship it to you?

Nah, guess I'll just import the deluxe edition. It's just that I prefer to buy my games from UK websites which are extremely cheap especially when you are in a €-country.

Top Bottom