• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deport Racism releases video of Latino American children telling off Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crud

Banned
All the racist in the c section so pissed because people are standing up for themselves pointing out the institutionalized racism bs and are demanding change.

They know the changes are coming and they will go kicking and screaming.

User1608

Banned
Jesus that man has some serious restraint I would have lost my shit if some stranger spat on me. Sometimes you have to shock people into listening for better or worse. You're fooling yourself if you think these kids sharing some personal story is going to get people to care. When the dream act was trying to get passed young people shared their stories with the entire nation and no one cared it wasn't enough to get anything done. Sure it spread awareness but what has come of that? Look at the hate being fanned to the point where people are ready to get violent. We're fanned if we and we're famed if we don't.
Yeah, the dream act failing to pass really tripped me up, too. In the end, I'm sure we'll get a good resolution out of this. Racists complaining about language definitely makes me lol.

Yeah, the dream act failing to pass really tripped me up, too. In the end, I'm sure we'll get a good resolution out of this. Racists complaining about language definitely makes me lol.

Wow, you are basically implying that anyone disagreeing with the language usage by the kids in the video is a racist bigot? Ok then...

It's a little cringey at parts and explotative but come on, Rick looks like he is like 13 and Rosa is definitely younger but only says dick. I'm not very sensitive about cursing I guess. I can understand why people don't like it though and it probably was not the best idea.

And should there be a thread about that Hillary subnet stuff? I can't find anything about that leaked ad except a weird right wing forum or blog on like the second page of results. Edit: mystery solved below! Lol

Looks like Luke Montgomery is working officially with Clinton. The same subnet hosts Hillary's stuff:

AqZfS0g.png

whitehousewonderwomen.com points to leaked Clinton campaign ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOjJOTIM1I

Shopify owns the IP range 23.227.32.0 - 23.227.63.255. Both Deport Racism and Hillary Clinton's store use Shopify as their ecommerce platform. That's the only connection between them.

0UQvAY8.png

Ivan 3414

No one wants to hear seven year olds cuss for 2 minutes, it's not clever and it's distracting from the point.

But what folks in this topic need to stop doing is jumping to shitty conclusions. Just because i dont like this video doesn't mean I think the best way for Latinos to get the message out is for them to stand by a church, lock hands and quietly sing kumbaya either.

This video, specifically, was simply a poor way to package the message. Point blank period.

params7

Banned
Shopify owns the IP range 23.227.32.0 - 23.227.63.255. Both Deport Racism and Hillary Clinton's store use Shopify as their ecommerce platform. That's the only connection between them.

True. Looks like it is just the guy behind DeportRacism who also did campaign material for Hillary. The site's source code contains links to billforfirstlady2016.com, whitehousewonderwoman.com, etc.

True. Looks like it is just the guy behind DeportRacism who also did campaign material for Hillary. The site's source code contains links to billforfirstlady2016.com, whitehousewonderwoman.com, etc.

It says right on both site's About Us page that Luke Montgomery is the campaign manager, no need to dig into the source code to find that. The sites are also literally exactly the same, only with a few color/logo changes.

Honestly, he just seems like a guy making internet campaigns. I don't think there's any connection to the Clinton campaign besides the fact that he supports her for president.

I am shocked and outraged that young kids use swear words! Who would have thought. I know I didn't, I started using fuck when I turned 16, like my parents told me.

Americans are funny,
they are more shocked about kids using cuss words than the rampant use of violence on Prime Time television and overglorifcation of guns in the media

nilbog21

Banned
hholy shit that was cringe

if I could punch one person in the world it would be the kid with braces. Kids swearing don't bother me but this video bothered me.

the only reason anyone is going to see is because of the cussing though. this would have 37 views without cussing

I love the "tone" arguments in this thread. People "on the fence" of the issue aren't going to suddenly change their minds to be against it because some kids were swearing on a youtube video.

Holy fuck, some of you people need to get it in your head that provocative expressions have a place in making social change. Some of y'all act like the kids are the New Black Panthers or something.

Btw, Ricardo is fucking awesome.

trixx

heard f bomb from the little kid and had to stop. I understand that this is a major controversial issue that Americans are dealing with going into the election campaigns. However, I wouldn't get these kids involved in this.

My dad told me about black experience when I was a kid but didn't bring politics into it and force me to read his books etc..

Could have done the same thing with adults with none of the backlash

exactly. or at least make it presentable so one could show it to other children

if I could punch one person in the world it would be the kid with braces. Kids swearing don't bother me but this video bothered me.

the only reason anyone is going to see is because of the cussing though. this would have 37 views without cussing

Seems like you've got your priorities straight...

lol..pathetic.

Seems like you've got your priorities straight...

lol..pathetic.

nilbog21 is just jelly that they don't have the same swagger.

heard f bomb from the little kid has to stop. I understand that this is a major controversial issue that Americans are dealing with going into the election campaigns. However, I wouldn't get these kids involved in this.

My dad told me about black experience when I was a kid but didn't bring politics into it and force me to read his books etc..

What do you think the point of telling you about the black experience was then? EVERYTHING is politics. When you see injustice, you need to stand up and fight against it.

trixx

nilbog21 is just jelly that they don't have the same swagger.

What do you think the point of telling you about the black experience was then? EVERYTHING is politics. When you see injustice, you need to stand up and fight against it.
My dad pretty much taught me everything from history to the reality today and yeah it is politics. But the discussions I had with my dad when I was 7 is very different to that of the discussions I'm now having at 21. At the very least iit could be presented in a different way.

In my opinion it could have been an educational video that could be targeted structured in a way where I'd feel comfortable sending it to my nephew who is his age. I know they don't need the swearing to get the point across. That way kids their age could bring up the discussion with their parents and potentially discuss the arguments that the video made.

YouTube comments are very disgusting as always. There should be disable comment section option

RefigeKru

Banned
Can you think of no words that children should not say?

It's contextual.

A shame they're being used to sell those T-Shirts yet at the same time in this sort of video the only words I'd abhor them using would be any that incite racial hatred. Outside of quoting Trump obviously.

Plus they're only being given a platform to derride a man who obviously hates them and their ilk for nothing more than their birth, skin and culture. Being on a gaming website I'm sure we've all encountered 10-12 year olds swearing blind on a shootbang on Xbox/Playstation/PC, crammed full of racial ephitets no doubt. These kids aren't so bad.

A form of Puritanism that embraces guns, images of violence on TV and the media but then lose their minds when a kid goes potty mouth
There may be some overlap, but there are plenty of people who dislike gun culture and violence in the media that also have a problem with kids swearing in this context.

Someone else said it: if kids swear naturally, it can be funny and surprising. When they are given a script with swears to say, it depends on the context but I usually don't approve. When they are given a political script with swears to say, I definitely don't approve, especially because it takes away from the message.

Calling kids anchor babies, calling Hispanics rapists, talking about people speaking "Mexican"...it's all very disrespectful and I don't have a problem with the kids being energetic and making those points. When they start dropping fuck and mother fucker in there, it takes away from that message.

But maybe I'm just a Puritan on such matters. Whatever.

There may be some overlap, but there are plenty of people who dislike gun culture and violence in the media that also have a problem with kids swearing in this context.

Someone else said it: if kids swear naturally, it can be funny and surprising. When they are given a script with swears to say, it depends on the context but I usually don't approve. When they are given a political script with swears to say, I definitely don't approve, especially because it takes away from the message.

Calling kids anchor babies, calling Hispanics rapists, talking about people speaking "Mexican"...it's all very disrespectful and I don't have a problem with the kids being energetic and making those points. When they start dropping fuck and mother fucker in there, it takes away from that message.

But maybe I'm just a Puritan on such matters. Whatever.

I know right! Both sides are equally bad! You know, I once heard that black people are the real racists.

/sarcasm

Sometimes, you just have to call a motherfucker a motherfucker.

Ugh. I hate that our political discourse is so fucked we gotta involve the children in shit like this.

Adults should be able to handle immigration sensibly without it coming to this.

I know right! Both sides are equally bad! You know, I once heard that black people are the real racists.
Where the fuck did I say ANY of that?

What I'm saying is don't lump in people who don't like kids swearing with people who obsess over gun culture and/or violence in the media.

Sometimes, you just have to call a motherfucker a motherfucker.
I don't have an issue with calling Trump a motherfucker, in general, because I think he definitely is, especially on this topic. You could have 18 year olds who were born here and are brown that can say that and I don't have any issue with it. I do have an issue with kids younger than 10 doing it.

Euron

Great idea, horrible execution. Trump is going to play himself up as the victim here. He'll talk about how "corrupted and unamerican" the these people are for "forcing" their children to speak this way.

The video should have gone for sympathy and tugging at the heartstrings by showing many talented and happy children from this demographic who are being unfairly generalized and insulted by Trump.

Slayven

End of the day this ad nor any other ad is going to change the minds of idiots that are smoking what Trump is selling. But it was damn funny.

And I am not a big fan of the "all racists need is love, understanding, and respect" movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom