• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 f2p is a scam

Escara

Neo Member
God the entitlement in this post was real.

Bungie gives you a year worth of content that can last you as much as 30hrs all for free and OP is still whining that they didn't give him everything for free.

ethomaz

Banned
Remember when Destiny 1 came out and you started the game from the same spot.... that's when I traded in and gave up on this franchine....

I am glad I did, as there is nothing worth playing or paying and time is not worth investing in this franchise...

I know a lot of nut_huggers back then also said ... "Oh maaan.. you are missing out at the "net_Code" of competitive is the best on console.... " blah blah blah...
You are still missing an unique and wonderful gaming experience.

For me it is the game that defined this generation and one of the best on playtime of my whole life.

Eh, this thread has convinced me to give D2 a try at some point. It really is a lot of stuff they're offering as a kind of Mega Demo / free first hit.

Currently still busy with my cheap Gamepass and enjoying milking it, so probably in the new year.

Loved the Bungie Halo games, not too interested in PVP, but want some of that co-op magic back in my veins.

Tomeru

Bitmap Frogs Bitmap Frogs

Why are you still stuck in 2017? Thisis Destiny 2 y3 already. Who gives a fly about what happened two years ago? Even one year ago. Its been dealt with. No one is perfect, and stuff gets changed and fixed.

Come now, join me in the glorious year of 2019 - new adventures await us!

DarqueGoddess

Neo Member
The issue I have has nothing to do with money. I'm an original player.

My issue is that I had to work and grind for every little thing I have...

Now you start a character and you don't...

I started at level 1 no light...and worked my ass off for light 750...now you start at it...and that's only part of it...

Made me feel like my time and effort was for nothing

When older games get discounted you still have to start at the beginning...not halfway through...it's just not OK...

Walledhouse

DarqueGoddess DarqueGoddess , I’d like to address your grievance with some out of the box thought exercises; and hopefully get you to see the bright side.

You are upset because you worked for a high light level; collected and infused a powerful set of equipment - and now it’s useless. That is a completely valid complaint to have; but the reality of how this and many other online RPGs operate is that they don’t want players sitting at the maximum possible strength forever.

Games like World of Warcraft incrementally push the power limit further out to keep people looking forward to something. Games like Diablo 3 promote seasons that start everyone from zero again. At the end of the day; there isn’t a significant difference between these two systems - they both render your current achievements obsolete and provide new things to achieve.

The reality of Destiny’s model; is that you can never actually out-level any of the content. I explain this to my friends often who get confused with the system; you want enough average Power to be able to meet the minimum requirement for any particular activity; but beyond that it doesn’t have any impact.

This means that currently; Power is only useful for content introduced in Shadowkeep. Your 750 weapons will behave identically to your 950 weapons in places like the EDZ; Dreaming City; or The Leviathan.

That said, there seems to be a correlation between higher stats on armour found at higher levels.

The point of explaining this; is to convey that Power doesn’t mean anything; and everyone was on nearly an equal foot approaching Shadowkeep regardless of how long they played.

You keep at least your library of exotics, collection, titles and triumphs at least. :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom