• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 is coming with IGN first starting July 5th with a tour of the social space

I know they said they're just going to show off The Farm, but I expected to see everything the game has to offer. Why didn't they show of the raid and all of the exotics? Instead we get football?

Also, 4 minutes? I wanted a 20 minute video at the very least.

jviggy43

At most the second social space will be like the rift and thats it. And honestly without anything interesting going on at the social spaces theres no real reason to have more than one.

hydruxo

I know they said they're just going to show off The Farm, but I expected to see everything the game has to offer. Why didn't they show of the raid and all of the exotics? Instead we get football?

They're not going to show the raid. They've always been secretive about that before they release, so that people can go in blind.

Most we'll see of the raid will be a brief shot of it in a launch trailer or something.

Theorry

Really?

Looks like a solid social space. Not too much else to go on really. I'd really like to know about the vault situation seeing how it was such a big complaint about the original and there's no last-gen architecture to hold it back now.

PeterGAF

Banned

This is a joke post, right?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No they were originally shown in the Destiny vidoc before we even had Destiny's name. So they have been holding onto those assets for AWHILE

They're also pretttttty close to the Reach ones. Not an issue, I just felt like I remembered them.

latest

*Shrug* is my initial reaction to that. I guess it's cool they're adding a couple of little activities to kill time while waiting for your fireteam but other than that I'm not seeing anything new here. You could have told me that was the new social space for a Destiny 1 expansion and I'd believe you.

Truant

*Shrug* is my initial reaction to that. I guess it's cool they're adding a couple of little activities to kill time while waiting for your fireteam but other than that I'm not seeing anything new here. You could have told me that was the new social space for a Destiny 1 expansion and I'd believe you.

I think most people will agree on this, based on this video.

I'm saying this as someone who thinks D1 looks good most of the time, even today.

Keasar

Look, that picture people keep using and making them look like fools.

Maybe one day people will understand.

One day.

Let me guess, it turned out to be fake? I thought it was funny in the context of the quote, had forgotten it even existed for many years until that sentence brought it back to the front of my memory. :p

Coxy100

Banned
This convinced me to cancel my pre order. The first destiny was amazing - loved it. But my god the grind was bad. This is just more of the same. When I saw the post master in this video I knew it was time

Enjoy to those who get it. Can't beat the gunplay

Tovarisc

Loadout Locked for certain activities? Their getting a bit too restrictive with this.

Loadout lock for certain activities very welcome addition, imo. It forces you and your team to actually look at what you are going to do [what strike, what modifiers, what enemy types it has...] and coordinate around that.

Assuming they don't do cookie cutter weapons like Gjallarhorn this time.

------

Loadout Locked for certain activities? Their getting a bit too restrictive with this.

I actually perked up hearing this, I think it could be a cool thing. Totally on board with carefully choosing the right gear prior to an activity and being stuck using it... Could make for some fun/challenging encounters.

Gonna have to wait and see how loadout locking works. It sounds interesting for sure but some activities need the freedom to switch up loadouts. Namely raids. Everything else, it's not big deal to lose loadout switching.

Top Bottom