• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Month 1 Activities

Strakt

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46234

090717_calendar.jpg

In October, new challenges will continue to arrive, including Iron Banner and new ways to have your prestige tested in the Raid. We'll tell you more about what awaits you every step of the way.

iFirez

Cool. Can someone explain to me what Nightfall is? Never understood it. It's just strikes?
More difficult (higher power needed to start) and timed (getting kills extends the time). They're some of the most challengeing PvE content along with the Raid; which both give greater rewards.

Wow, looking good.

But I know nothing of those terms. What's flashpoint, nightfall, and trials?

All I know is strike is a pve dungeon and crucible is pvp. And Destiny has lots of other terms.

Cool. Can someone explain to me what Nightfall is? Never understood it. It's just strikes?

In d2 they are a hard version of a strike. You have a lot more mechanics. Most prominently is a timer that you can reset through different ways each week.

So this week that meant every kill restored time. Additionally Every minute it would rotate a buff on elemental damage. So you have to communicate about who has the powerful weapons and abilities at the moment. Ohh and you can't change weapons mid match

There are also extras rewards if you can complete it with time left, not dying, or be killing special enemies.

iFirez

Wow, looking good.

But I know nothing of those terms. What's flashpoint, nightfall, and trials?

All I know is strike is a pve dungeon and crucible is pvp. And Destiny has lots of other terms.
Flashpoint is a milestone in which you have to complete a certain number of public events on that planet and you get a high level reward (engram).
Nightfall is a Strike but with increased difficulty (and you have to be above a certain power to access) and you have a time limit to complete it.
Trials is a highly competitive PvP mode with 1 life per round (no respawns but you can be revived).

enkaisu

Banned
Oh, faction rally! Does this mean the factions from D1 are going to show up? I was scared they just left factions behind for good.

More difficult (higher power needed to start) and timed (getting kills extends the time). They're some of the most challengeing PvE content along with the Raid; which both give greater rewards.

High level strikes with added difficulty modifiers.

In d2 they are a hard version of a strike. You have a lot more mechanics. Most prominently is a timer that you can reset through different ways each week.

So this week that meant every kill restored time. Additionally Every minute it would rotate a buff on elemental damage. So you have to communicate about who has the powerful weapons and abilities at the moment. Ohh and you can't change weapons mid match

There are also extras rewards if you can complete it with time left, not dying, or be killing special enemies.

Whoah that sounds cool and fun. Thanks!

Everdred

Oh, faction rally! Does this mean the factions from D1 are going to show up? I was scared they just left factions behind for good.
If you walk around
the end game social space
you see all their flags and where they will be.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So what am I supposed to do on a Daily or Weekly basis? Just the Raid and the Nightfall?

Challenges reset daily. I think they exist for patrol and for strikes so that takes the the place of bounties and the daily story.

You can replay a mission once per day, I think, through Ikora. But I don't think it's of a heroic difficulty.

Doesn't the
ikora memory
kind of create that?

Oh, does it? I thought it was the same difficulty.

Let me know if I'm wrong on that.

JJD

So what is the Raid Guide?

I played a good bit of Destiny 1 but still haven't decided if I'm playing D2.

Curious if like with D1 we'll have to stick with strikes and other end game daily/weekly missions, get gear with light, and only once you're at a certain light level is it recommended to do the raid.

Apdiddy

Can someone explain what the iron banner is? I might have played it in D1 but I can't remember for some reason.

It's like higher level/even more competitive Crucible. You get decent gear and you are given an entry token just to get in based on how well you play.

somebody else can give a better answer, but it was PvP with specific game types and challenges that gave its own special currency you could use to redeem specific rewards.

It's like higher level/even more competitive Crucible. You get decent gear and you are given an entry token just to get in based on how well you play.
Ahh ok thanks. That's probably why I don't remember it, didn't play PvP that much.

Sephend

Curious if like with D1 we'll have to stick with strikes and other end game daily/weekly missions, get gear with light, and only once you're at a certain light level is it recommended to do the raid.

Every zone has tokens you earn through doing activities there (public events, high profile targets, patrol beacons, lost sectors, opening chests) that has a rep to turn them into for gear rewards. Destroying anything blue quality or above gives you tokens to give turn in to another person as well. Not to mention the activities themselves are still rewarding upgrades aside from the tokens (I'm around 245 power/light I believe?)

Not to mention even though I've finished the main campaign there are still many voiced adventure missions to do, many of which don't even unlock until after the campaigns conclusion. The Nightfall unlocks at 230 power, and flashpoints (which is just go to a zone and do public events there, this reward has a weekly cooldown separate from the rewards form doing public events themselves which always provide rewards) provide high end rewards aside from all of the above.

Top Bottom