• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Some people had Real Life priorities, is sleep, work, errands and though Raid on Day 1 can be accomplished in under 2 hours...

Reaching each encounter and at least trying out to see how the mechanics work is supposed to be the charm

People I was with 1 had no mic...
Other stayed communication silent

Not trying to call out people, but come on

Mics, Communication, and Time slotted for Raid up to 4-+ hours is a Goddamn Necessity!

Grave are you forming a team now? My gf just canceled on me for our gym session since she is swamped with work so I can dedicate the hours for it.

Dthomp

Is there anybody who wants to try and run the Prestige Nightfall with me? I'm 296 PL and have completed the regular version, would like a shot at the 300 one though. PSN is Dthomp

xuchu

Some people had Real Life priorities, is sleep, work, errands and though Raid on Day 1 can be accomplished in under 2 hours...

Reaching each encounter and at least trying out to see how the mechanics work is supposed to be the charm

Mics, Communication, and Time slotted for Raid up to 4-+ hours is a Goddamn Necessity!

That's extremely frustrating. 4 - 6 hours at least for a blind, first day raid. Hell, maybe they got told that D1 raids were around 45 mins but that's only after everyone knows the raids inside and out, mechanics wise and geared up.

Sorry you had to deal with that Grave. You won't get that first day raid experience again.

LiK

Sucks to hear that. Hope you have better luck your second run.

xuchu

Is there anybody who wants to try and run the Prestige Nightfall with me? I'm 296 PL and have completed the regular version, would like a shot at the 300 one though. PSN is Dthomp

Sure, I'm up for prestige NF. 292 lock. Will be online in 5 mins.

PSN: Talos_AI

You know, something about the story rubbed me the wrong way here...

Ghost mentions that it was strange foe cabal to just stick around, as they conqure systems by blowing up planets. But, the dust legion had been there for eyears just chilling on mars, and never seemed to make a play for other worlds.

So, what exactly were they after on mars?

Probably doing the same thing they were doing on the dreadnaught. Looking for a way to kill or take the light. Hive could do it with their own magic so thats not useful to them, f it, just blow it all up!

Charlemagne on mars seems like a good place to start looking for answers though. Iirc that was the last active warmind besides rasputin.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That's extremely frustrating. 4 - 6 hours at least for a blind, first day raid. Hell, maybe they got told that D1 raids were around 45 mins but that's only after everyone knows the raids inside and out, mechanics wise and geared up.

Sorry you had to deal with that Grave. You won't get that first day raid experience again.

Worse part is you get a Scarlett Letter of sorts, cause other teams want to go in blind but you now know the mechanics and to find 5 others stuck at the same point on Day 1 is kind of ridiculous

So I state again, PLEASE HAVE A MIC, COMMUNICATE, and GIVE 3-4+ HOURS, don't be like I got 2 hours before work or my baby sleeping but I have to leave when it wakes up
Your ruining others progress!

eizarus

Banned
Worse part is you get a Scarlett Letter of sorts, cause other teams want to go in blind but you now know the mechanics and to find 5 others stuck at the same point on Day 1 is kind of ridiculous

So I state again, PLEASE HAVE A MIC, COMMUNICATE, and GIVE 3-4+ HOURS, don't be like I got 2 hours before work or my baby sleeping but I have to leave when it wakes up
I can join in like 50 minutes. Got a mic etc.

hydruxo

Kinda tired of watching tbh. Loos like The Talos Principle 2 or some shit. Will watch VODs later but so far doesn't look like a fun raid =|

To be fair though any day 1 raid is gonna look a little unfun just because it's hours of people bashing their heads together trying to figure it all out. When things click and people figure out strategies it'll flow better I'm sure. Just like every other Destiny raid.

GraveRobberX: Tips for being a decent human.

Kidding aside how is this even possible. Day one raid we should all know common courtesy.

I'm really happy it seems like nobody has beat the raid yet! I remember being so disappointed that everything after vault of glass in destiny 1 was beaten almost immediately.

shermas

What's the fastest way to level an alt? I SO do not want to do the story again...

Just want that level 20 goodness for three toons.

Cornbread78

I'll be up to raid starting around 7 Eastern, 280 Hunter PSN Cybrwzrd

Any 7PM EST teams forming?

283 Hunter

Can I reserve a spot. I'll mostly likely be down for it (it will be midnight here)
271 PL Warlock

I'm free to try the raid now if anyone has any open slots for tonight i'm a 294 hunter.

PSN:broodshadow

7:00 pm (EST) raid Crew:
Someone take the lead and make it visible so everyone can sign up and join in!

1: Cybrwzrd
2: eizarus (be careful; a first run this may take 3-4 hours, you good until 3/4 am?)
3: broodshadow
4:
5:
6:

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm really happy it seems like nobody has beat the raid yet! I remember being so disappointed that everything after vault of glass in destiny 1 was beaten almost immediately.

Pretty sure it took the first team to win over 10 hours. That's pretty long to me.

I don't think this is true. While the story may not be engrossing and gripping, it's definitely telling you a story that fits into a larger narrative. As in, there's a beginning, rising action a climax and then a resolution. The issue I can see people having is that to get the "full" experience the game is banking on you playing through all the DLC. The Red Legion story wraps up but there are very, very, very clearly more things that are coming.

In the podcast Jeff mentioned the same thing with Halo. With halo 1, it was sort of more on the lore then an actual story. There I see where he's coming. And I sort of compare Destiny to it as well. Yet with Halo 2, I feel like Bungie did a much better job of story telling. They introduced the covenant campaign and showed us the other side while still pushing forward a narrative. There were definitely bit and pieces of Halo 2 that left things open for your imagination to put together but overall it was a coherent narrative.

Is Destiny 2 in the same vein or is it more like Halo 1, having to guess what everything is and the reason you're doing stuff?

Even if the story isn't great, having a simple coherent story goes a long way.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This room that Gothalion is in...the design looks like
a ghjallahorn threw up on the walls. Ugliest raid yet?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What's the fastest way to level an alt? I SO do not want to do the story again...

Just want that level 20 goodness for three toons.

Do story, everything end game is tied to it

Either farm hit 265-270+ in starting EDZ zone farming Chests, HVT, PTE, enemies, then steam roller through Story

Take rough 6-8 hours+ to farm, then 3.5 hours for story
I did it that way and got way ahead of the currency curves

Top Bottom