• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Killing 10 Majors or whatever for that quest is ridiculous. Should be dropped to 7 I think. Had negative fun doing it.

As my first experience with Destiny, I'm loving the hell out of D2. But I do wish the gear worked a little differently. Every time I hear about a cool quest line or something with a gear reward I feel like I should hold off until 265 because it scales with my PL.

I'm probably making too big a deal out of it, but it's a nagging thought whenever I come across rewards from something.

Yeah that was definitely a problem for me. I don't know maybe you can still gain PL if you do the quests as they're available but since I knew I was supposed to save them for later I did and you definitely shouldn't have to.

As my first experience with Destiny, I'm loving the hell out of D2. But I do wish the gear worked a little differently. Every time I hear about a cool quest line or something with a gear reward I feel like I should hold off until 265 because it scales with my PL.

I'm probably making too big a deal out of it, but it's a nagging thought whenever I come across rewards from something.

If you're playing at a rate where you aren't 265 by now and you've had the game for two weeks just do your milestones and quests. That method is only for people who trying to raid that first week it was an option.

njs15

The change to the crucible milestone is huge. Instead of playing 27-30 matches across three characters, you're playing around 12.

The "downside" is you can probably complete all milestones for three characters in a night of playing and have little left to do, but it's good for more casual players

I had a lot of fun with this game, but my time is through. PvP is a big draw to me, and I had high hopes for it, especially when it comes to Bungie, but it looks like they've decided to shun our type even more than last game. No confidence that they care about us anymore. All I can think of when I play PvP is, when does Halo 6 come out again?

MrBenchmark

I’ve gotta say after several weeks now I really hope they fix the performance on Xbox. This game runs like shit period. I have a Xbox one S game is on a SSD and it has so many frame drops they better beef this thing up especially on the Xbox one X if it runs like this on the X I’ll probably lose my shit. Destiny 1 ran so good this is terrible. You can’t even remote play this game because it can’t handle it. D1 or any other game no problem but not this one it’s terrible.

Love the game hate the performance I have a PS4 Pro sitting here but I here it crashes on that system. My friends are on Xbox god I hope the X irons this shit out if Bungie doesn’t.

TsuWave

I’ve gotta say after several weeks now I really hope they fix the performance on Xbox. This game runs like shit period. I have a Xbox one S game is on a SSD and it has so many frame drops they better beef this thing up especially on the Xbox one X if it runs like this on the X I’ll probably lose my shit. Destiny 1 ran so good this is terrible. You can’t even remote play this game because it can’t handle it. D1 or any other game no problem but not this one it’s terrible.

Love the game hate the performance I have a PS4 Pro sitting here but I here it crashes on that system. My friends are on Xbox god I hope the X irons this shit out if Bungie doesn’t.

the game crashes on all systems. the amount of times i get error c-something something is ridiculous. it usually happens when flying into the tower. i have an og ps4 but it happens to all my friends and even this thread has had a bunch of similar reports. its a mess.

I've gotta say after several weeks now I really hope they fix the performance on Xbox. This game runs like shit period. I have a Xbox one S game is on a SSD and it has so many frame drops they better beef this thing up especially on the Xbox one X if it runs like this on the X I'll probably lose my shit. Destiny 1 ran so good this is terrible. You can't even remote play this game because it can't handle it. D1 or any other game no problem but not this one it's terrible.

Love the game hate the performance I have a PS4 Pro sitting here but I here it crashes on that system. My friends are on Xbox god I hope the X irons this shit out if Bungie doesn't.

Yeah, at first I thought it was just Public Events but I'm noticing what seems to be performance degradation as I think it's getting worse in almost all areas/modes in the game.

I'm looking forward to the PC version even more so now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah my group had no less than half a dozen crashes in the last hour alone. It's seems to be tower related. Whenever they go there or from there.

Jblanks

Hmm didn't get the Well Rested buff which I thought you get at reset.

Also is there a new public event? Was on Titan, and there were these circles you had to stand in but they were spread out pretty good (4-5 of them). They gave out Faction tokens for every circle and like another 5 or so if you got them all.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Yeah my group had no less than half a dozen crashes in the last hour alone. It's seems to be tower related. Whenever they go there or from there.

Weird, I haven't had a single crash yet. Running on a PS4 Pro.

What are the Quest lines everybody is talking about? How do you get one? I haven't finished the story yet, is that a prerequisite? I'm a level 20, 225 (I think?) Titan.

Haines

Banned
Anyone. Please. Help me.

Been playing daily alone, i havent been able to play nightfall or raid. Got my guy up to 272

Ive tried accepting clan invites, ive tried msging people in destiny and psn.

I just want to play some real destiny with some fun people and i feel like everyone is having fun while i play solo.

Off for tonight, but no more solo destiny for this guy

Hawk Kai

Neo Member
Question about the final raid encounter
(inside.)

Is it normal for psions to start their bounce attack as they spawn? I thought it was a little extreme that psions could launch their attack before they even had the chance to die, but if it's something I should be prepared for then I will be.

For me and my team, we have two phases where we actually cross shoot so we don't run into this problem. 1st and 2nd phase, shoot your own. 3rd phase, middle and right swap psion shots. 4th phase, middle and left swap psion shots. We never miss anymore.

v1perz53

Man Destiny 2 is an inventory management nightmare. Obvious initial issue is with mods, where my inventory is filled with nothing but mods and I still don't have room for one of each type, much less transmat things. The whole mod system needs a lot of work honestly. Then there are sparrows and ships, where you have to save every single one you'd ever consider using since there is no more kiosk to reclaim them. Ghosts are a pain too, since you technically want a ton of them with varying effects, but all those effects are so minor as to be basically worthless.

But to me, weapons are the biggest issue. In Destiny 1, you were always trying for the god roll for weapons perk wise, so you knew you could junk anything else that wasn't higher light for infusion. But now, since nearly all weapons are random rewards but have fixed perks, I feel like I should hold on to every single weapon I get that isn't a duplicate, because who knows if that 268 auto rifle is actually the god tier Crucible weapon, or the weird Shotgun is super useful for the raid. On top of that, only being able to infuse same weapon types means I hoard SO MANY weapons, and I never know what I have since I can't check the vault anymore during gameplay (used to be able to in the app).

Man, I miss the old app/website. Being able to view my vault on the computer, but more importantly having an easy way to swap my best guns quickly to whatever character I was playing. Such a great feature just missing from Destiny 2.

v1perz53

I heavily suggest Destiny Item Manager. It makes the whole experience better.

Oh man you've just saved my life. I used this a ton in Destiny 1 but I couldn't find it last time I checked, and someone on reddit said they disabled the functionality. This HUGELY improves the experience for me.

traveler

Not Wario
Anyone. Please. Help me.

Been playing daily alone, i havent been able to play nightfall or raid. Got my guy up to 272

Ive tried accepting clan invites, ive tried msging people in destiny and psn.

I just want to play some real destiny with some fun people and i feel like everyone is having fun while i play solo.

Off for tonight, but no more solo destiny for this guy

Join the discord linked in the op and watch the lfg channels. Youll get groups in no time.

Alucrid

Banned
Join the discord linked in the op and watch the lfg channels. Youll get groups in no time.

yeah i get most of my nightfalls in the discord

just had that happen to me. figured it was a sign of enough destiny for one night.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What is up with Nessus token tonight? I'm getting one about every 5 minutes from just walking around. The hell?

Raid clear with the fellas plus a random(PS4). It was too easy. Then I tried to see my rewards by flying to the tower....

Error, fireteam broken up
Code Beaver
Home screen
Complete crash game closed
Beaver again
Crash again

You think after my 6th time I'd stop. But no....

Reboot modem
Beaver
Crash

Ok Bungie. Fuck you too.

I really hate the way they changed weapon infusion. I am up to power level 280, so I'm kind of ready for the raid. But, I have to use weapons I don't really care for to get there. Kind of sucks.

Dany

Banned
I really hate the way they changed weapon infusion. I am up to power level 280, so I'm kind of ready for the raid. But, I have to use weapons I don't really care for to get there. Kind of sucks.

What do you mean? Break down legendary items you don't use and then infuse? I'm around lvl 250 and finding it straightforward; albiet a bit grindy.

What do you mean? Break down legendary items you don't use and then infuse? I'm around lvl 250 and finding it straightforward; albiet a bit grindy.

In the first game, any primary weapon could be infused into another primary. Now, they have to be the same type, so you can't put a pistol into a rifle. So, there are times during the climb up you are stuck using weapons you don't prefer.

Unless I'm missing something, or misremembering.

Nameless Midnight vs Origin Story vs Nightshade???

I dont know wtf to pick. I already have Uriels Gift and The Number so not sure I want Origin Story but maybe it's better than those for some reason?

GRIP

I dont know wtf to pick. I already have Uriels Gift and The Number so not sure I want Origin Story but maybe it's better than those for some reason?

Nameless Midnight is one of the best PVE weapons in the game so I'd go with that. Origin Story is good too but since you already have a Uriels I wouldn't pick it.

Midnight and Uriels is a really good loadout.

The1Ski

Still can't get over how dull legendary armor is. I know destiny isn't going to be as elaborate as an ARPG but I think some comparisons are fair. Imagine if in any other looter, the second highest tier of gear in the entire game consisted exclusively of the following:

Strength: (0-20)
Vitality: (0-20)
Dexterity: (0-20)

Open slot: (1)

No affixes, no perks, no bonuses.

I guess it makes it easy to keep a light inventory. Most games that have loot systems have me forever juggling inventory space because I'm never quite sure when or where I might need an item with (insert unique trait) on it.

Don't have that problem with destiny. At least weapons are a little different story.

Nameless Midnight as it's probably the best overall scout rifle in the game.

Nameless Midnight is one of the best PVE weapons in the game so I'd go with that. Origin Story is good too but since you already have a Uriels I wouldn't pick it.

Midnight and Uriels is a really good loadout.
Good was hoping that would be the answer since its what I was leaning toward anyway and almost only play PVE. Thanks.

Acorn

Nameless Midnight, it isn't even close. One of (if not the) best guns in the game.

It's fantastic.

Top Bottom