• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Cornbread78

People are steering to players they trust
So now player pools are shrinking and some becoming static or people just want to play with like-minded players
The mechanics of this Raid are unforgiving and people do not want to be stuck now on runs or encounters or even teach
Like sorry if you want to go in Blind, but now, it's really difficult to get 5 others in the same way as you
Most request to watch and figure out how the encounter work and will work refining thos with you if you join them
I've beaten the Raid every week since release x3 on all Guardians
So for me I don't need to run it, it's just stuff to do now.
Others gave up, no reason to get full set when other sets outperform Raid sets
Why would you as a Hunter run anything but Io set and get 5/5/5 in your abilities
I get invites everyday from players I've played and that search out for me (Even when I'm playing a different game or literally offline)
Sorry for humble brag, but I'm a little no-nonsense player to get shit done but also have fun along the way
So some will be in demand
Some have their cliques or crews or inner circle (nothing wrong with that), that just removes some of the more oriented base players wanting to get it done and not waste time

I think we're reaching that moment in time where people who run it every week several times a week will only do it with people who also run it every week several times a week. Most of them will be in predetermined groups of friends who they always run it with and the only way for someone else to get in is if one of them can't run it as scheduled for whatever reason. But they'll want someone who also has a lot of experience.
And then there's people who already did it and don't care to do it again.
So people who haven't raided are going to have to find the ever gracious sherpa or other elusive people who have never done it either but want to.
Seems kind of shitty, but the reality is that one single inexperienced player can hold back a team for hours or indefinitely. One person can easily turn a calm and chill 2 hour raid into a shouting and hair pulling 5 hour raid. Especially in this one.
Good luck to you.

Man that sucks for players like me. I have beaten the raid every week since the second week of it's launch but never played with the same groups. Guess I should have tried to but changing life schedules always made that difficult.
I enjoy playing with new groups as well and trying to teach them the mechanics. That feeling of completion is always great to share. I understand what is being quoted though... Many people want to get it over with quick and move on to the next thing.
I enjoy the raid so really sucks it is difficult to find groups.

This is something that I've been trying to silently address over the past few days. It really does suck the way this raid is set up because like Grave said, if even 1 guy is not keeping up with the mechanics or just can't grasp it then it literally stalls you in one area for hours, when it should take like 15 mins tops.... I've spent a few hours in the raid about 4-5 times now, but I have yet to get to Calus in a single run or even get to take on Calus. I'm never going to say no to someone that wants to run the raid and join the party......

Got the Titan Helmet and Towel this morning.

I've ranked up 22 times across two chars.

Are you saying thats the only gear you've gotten or are you just letting us know you got those this morning? Do you have a full set of gear for either?

I think someone said they did their Warlock and it took them 18 packages to get the full set.

Are you saying thats the only gear you've gotten or are you just letting us know you got those this morning? Do you have a full set of gear for either?

I think someone said they did their Warlock and it took them 18 packages to get the full set.

Yep. That was me. I have a full Warlock set.

I have switched to turning in all my tokens on my Titan now. In the five rank ups this morning I got two armor pieces.

My total rank ups for IB is 22.

Kyne

out of 4 IB rank ups I got 3 pieces of armor (helm/arms/chest)

now i'm scared I used up all my good RNG and it'll take me years to get the buttflap/legs :(

Cornbread78

So, we would have three "Newbie" raids running this weekend to get more people the ability to experience them, but we need some help from the greater DGAF community. We need both Sherpa's to donate a few hours of time, as well as some newbs that want to learn the mechanics and how to communicate effectively to complete the raid!

Do we have 2 other Sherpas available in the DGAF community to lead the below newbs through the raid this Sunday?

Sunday Newb Raid:

Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
- ?
- ?

Newbs:
- Mazzbags
- Dark1421
- Hugstable
-

Noob Raid 9pm EST/6pm PST Friday (10/13):

Sherpas:
- Palaniri
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- Japanmanx3
-
-
-

Noob Raid 10pm EST/7pm PST Saturday (10/14):

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
-
-
-

If you can help lead any of these and share your raid experience, please let me know! Hawkian can get everyone all the time, so this is for him as well, lol.

Also, if you want to be a newbie and learn the raid, post up and let me know and I will reserve a spot for you!

Lemnisc8

In case this hasn't been mentioned; there is a little work around for having nobody at public events. I noticed that as soon as you fast travel, you get dumped.

However travelling between planets does not have this problem. Neither does going to orbit and a fresh join. So if you want to play events with people, just do the ones near a spawn and go round the planets; it's a little extra loading time (not much), but at least I've been put into highly populated areas. If you want to farm a particular planet, you can go to orbit and go back. Not ideal, and has occasionally put me on my own.

But yeah the cycle planets trick works a treat to find players.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
how is the nightfall this week?

i'm so close to 305. i just need to level my chest armor up from 303 > 305 and i'm good.

In case this hasn't been mentioned; there is a little work around for having nobody at public events. I noticed that as soon as you fast travel, you get dumped.

However fast travelling between planets does not have this problem. Neither does going to orbit and a fresh join. So if you want to play events with people, just do the ones near a spawn and go round the planets; it's a little extra loading time (not much), but at least I've been put into highly populated areas. If you want to farm a particular planet, you can go to orbit and go back. Not ideal, and has occasionally put me on my own.

that's no good for a flashpoint though. would it be better to just ditch fast travel and sparrow around the map?

Bladelaw

So I'm trying to understand the mod system since I just hit over 280 and I'm at glimmer cap (I think 99999+ is displayed).

The gunsmith offers random weapon mods for 2500 glimmer
You can "upgrade" existing mods to +5 at a 3 blue-->1 purple ratio
You can dismantle legendary mods for Mod Components that you can use to buy a random Legendary weapon or armor mod (player's choice) at 2 components-->1 mod

So the way to push RNG in your favor would be to buy a bunch of blue mods, upgrade dupes, dismantle upgraded mods you don't want, and use the components for weapon/armor mods as needed.

To min max, you repeat this process until you're happy with your loadout, hunters pushing for recovery armor pieces, a legendary weapon mod for every element as an example? Is that about it?

Damn, playing control 24/7 in IB just highlights how bad some of these maps play with 4v4 in Control.

There is basically only one way to win on maps like Emperors’s Respite or Vostok and if you don’t capture the right two points you’re gonna get trapped on the weak point and it’s a uphill battle.

I’ve pretty much come to hate when those maps come up, I know if I don’t win that opening fight on those maps it’s gonna be a longggggg match.

In other news I’m kinda happy you don’t need to do the raid to hit 305. I’m on the cusp of it with both of my characters and after playing up to dogs idk, just doesn’t seem worth it. I’d like to complete it one time just to say I did and speak from experience but the reward for doing it repeatedly just isn’t there when I don’t care for the type of experience it is.

Kyne

Damn, playing control 24/7 in IB just highlights how bad some of these maps play with 4v4 in Control.

There is basically only one way to win on maps like Emperors’s Respite or Vostok and if you don’t capture the right two points you’re gonna get trapped on the weak point and it’s a uphill battle.

I’ve pretty much come to hate when those maps come up, I know if I don’t win that opening fight on those maps it’s gonna be a longggggg match.

In other news I’m kinda happy you don’t need to do the raid to hit 305. I’m on the cusp of it with both of my characters and after playing up to dogs idk, just doesn’t seem worth it. I’d like to complete it one time just to say I did and speak from experience but the reward for doing it repeatedly just isn’t there when I don’t care for the type of experience it is.

this isn't too different than the maps in D1. A lot of the time there was always 'prime real-estate' in the form of 2 specific zones. It's a little more noticeable on a map like Emperors’s Respite though.

Yeah, that's really good luck considering how big the loot pool is for the IB engrams.

I've had 5 IB engrams and not had a single IB piece of armor. Got the emblem (which i assume everyone gets straight away) and 2 guns. 2 of the rank ups gave me no IB loot at all just general purple gear.

Why there is even other loot available from the IB stuff is frustrating

So, we would have three "Newbie" raids running this weekend to get more people the ability to experience them, but we need some help from the greater DGAF community. We need both Sherpa's to donate a few hours of time, as well as some newbs that want to learn.
Also, if you want to be a newbie and learn the raid, post up and let me know and I will reserve a spot for you!

Don't forget to tell them they need to communicate. I don't care about explaining things, but man does it get harder if people don't speak up.

Is Time Worn Spire any good in PVP? I got it last night and it seems like a better option over the Lincoln Green (just looking at stats) which was my go-to legendary pulse.

I didn't have time to try it out yet since I traded in all of my tokens right before I jumped off for the night.

v1perz53

WTF is going on with today's IB multi kill challenge? I have absolutely gotten what should be considered 2 kills in quick succession but I'm still at 0%. Does it have to be 3 all in one match or is it bugged or something?

Dez_

Great news if they fixed that tower crashing thing. Been happening far more times to me within the recent weeks.

Hugstable

Banned
Don't forget to tell them they need to communicate. I don't care about explaining things, but man does it get harder if people don't speak up.

I got my mic ready for it, gonna watch some videos about the raid later on in the week to try and get some of the mechanics so atleast maybe I can grasp a few things before I jump in. Sucks hearing that many groups don't really want anyone new now though, knew I shoulda just gotten the game at launch and not have waited :( (but Yakuza 0 was so worth it lol)

WTF is going on with today's IB multi kill challenge? I have absolutely gotten what should be considered 2 kills in quick succession but I'm still at 0%. Does it have to be 3 all in one match or is it bugged or something?

I believe it only pops when you get the "Double Play" badge, they need to be really close together. At 66% currently so it doesn't need to be all in one match

Cornbread78

I added! Wiesga is going to join and help you, so it's another all-star pairing.

I posted it on my Bungie clan page and in the clan Discord as well. Feel free to do the same! We need to get everyone a chance to run the raid at least once.

this isn't too different than the maps in D1. A lot of the time there was always 'prime real-estate' in the form of 2 specific zones. It's a little more noticeable on a map like Emperors’s Respite though.
This is true, but with how this game’s pvp rewards defense this time around it’s a lot worse than in D1. You can literally crouch in the open in front of C on Vostok and basically anyone trying to cap it is walking into a shooting gallery, not to mention power ammo spawns about 10 feet away and that makes defending point A trivial.

Funny how the Shores of Time remake is one of the better Control maps...

Ruze789

Huh that's strange, I wonder if supers don't count or something? I know the 2 times I got it too pop where due to grenade kills for me

There could be something to that, I had a couple of clustered multikills with Golden Gun this morning but I was at 33% after a few games.

Cornbread78

I think I've disassembled every piece of armor and every weapon I got from IB last night. Well, outside of the badass Warlock helmet I got.

Last night run my group went like 10-2 overall, which felt great after the nightmare Trials session over the weekend.

Defuser

This first D2 Iron Banner proved for 3 fucking years Bungie never learned nor take in any feedback regarding crucible problems, how is Luke Smith/ Jon Weinewski is so fucking incompetent/deaf to regards to these things.

- Solo's being matchmade against fireteams. Nobody likes being stomped.
- People disconnecting because they are losing with no consequences.
- Mercy rule? What Mercy rule? 1 v 4 isn't fucking fun to stay because mercy rule never activates and it's frustrating.

3 fucking years people have been telling Bungie to fix these problems but they never listen. 3. fucking .years .

So much for ' Esports' competitve Destiny. For them wanting it to be a 'Esport' Bungie is sure slow, deaf and silent about crucible updates. Blizzard fine tunes every month for Overwatch but Destiny 2? it's 3 or 6 months or until the next major expansion drops.

Floody

Huh that's strange, I wonder if supers don't count or something? I know the 2 times I got it too pop where due to grenade kills for me

Super double kills definitely count. Got 2 double Nova Bomb kills on my first Warlock game, the second one finishing the challenge.

I got my mic ready for it, gonna watch some videos about the raid later on in the week to try and get some of the mechanics so atleast maybe I can grasp a few things before I jump in. Sucks hearing that many groups don't really want anyone new now though, knew I shoulda just gotten the game at launch and not have waited :( (but Yakuza 0 was so worth it lol)

I think the main issue here is that every single one of the group has to be on point. In the other raids, you can have a weak link or two and still do okay. The new rez system makes it particularity harder for newbie runs. Not everyone is trying to do this thing for hours on end, my first time doing this gives me shudders just thinking about it.

Cornbread78

Super double kills definitely count. Got 2 double Nova Bomb kills on my first Warlock game, the second one finishing the challenge.

Nova bombing an entire 4 man squad is so satisfying... just saying. Go ahead after our "B" flag together.... good luck with that!

However travelling between planets does not have this problem. Neither does going to orbit and a fresh join. So if you want to play events with people, just do the ones near a spawn and go round the planets; it's a little extra loading time (not much), but at least I've been put into highly populated areas. If you want to farm a particular planet, you can go to orbit and go back. Not ideal, and has occasionally put me on my own.

The easier method is just to keep fast traveling into the same place. It changes sessions every time, so you're bound to find one with people in it. For instance, if the Public Event is near Failsafe, but nobody is around, just fast travel back to the same spot and it'll load you into a new session. I used this method for 10 hours on Monday farming Public Events for exotic engrams. It works fine.

Top Bottom