• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Mezoly

Man Tractor Cannon is very weak. Fuck Rahool for giving it to me twice in a row. I'm 296 and still no Merciless or Coil, but two fucking Tractor Cannon. Watch Xur sell it this week as well just to rub it in some more.

Man Tractor Cannon is very weak. Fuck Rahool for giving it to me twice in a row. I'm 296 and still no Merciless or Coil, but two fucking Tractor Cannon. Watch Xur sell it this week as well just to rub it in some more.

Did you miss Xur when he was selling both of those?

The game is actively un-fun with low recovery stat. You literally spend double the time sitting around waiting for HP regen than if you had high recovery. I am very anal about my character's appearance and it kills me that I can't play fashion destiny, but I'm not making the game way less fun over that.

I never really notice/pay attention to that stuff. I guess I'm just used to gimping myself for fashion. Dark souls and nioh comes to mind.

Ruze789

I never really notice/pay attention to that stuff. I guess I'm just used to gimping myself for fashion. Dark souls and nioh comes to mind.

I had been playing all week on a Warlock and switched over to my Hunter, and noticed I was getting absolutely demolished at every single PE I did despite being a higher PL than before.

After spending all night thinking maybe something went wrong with PEs after an update/ hotfix I finally checked my stats and saw I was running max Mobility, min Resilience and Recovery.

I check every armor piece I get now and scrutinize whether I can make it work with anything else.

I just don't understand why bungie didn't drop IB armor from end match boards, and why the engrams Saladin offers isn't 100% IB drops. 7 packages turned in, 0 armor pieces. It also means that if you start a game down a lot, its far more efficient to just join a new game since 2 tokens/loss is bad compared to 5 tokens/win and tokens are the ONLY way to get armor. Everything about IB is soul crushing and all the mistakes Bungie were ones that were in D1 IB but got fixed over time, so the whole thing is just baffling.

As soon as I get the 10 turns in package I am done with IB, and it looks likely I will finish with zero armor pieces received.

Hugstable

Banned
Been reading alot into the raid and watching a video guide, and most of it seems not too hard to understand, but holy crap that houndbeast garden just blew my mind and had me confused.

Cornbread78

So, we would have three "Newbie" raids running this weekend to get more people the ability to experience them, but we need some help from the greater DGAF community. We need both Sherpa's to donate a few hours of time, as well as some newbs that want to learn the mechanics and how to communicate effectively to complete the raid!

Do we have 2 other Sherpas available in the DGAF community to lead the below newbs through the raid this Sunday?

Sunday Newb Raid:

Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
- Ruthless_Barbarian
- Balphon

Newbs:
- Mazzbags
- Dark1421
- Hugstable
- Rehsa (psn?)

Noob Raid 9pm EST/6pm PST Friday (10/13): *full*

Sherpas:
- Palaniri
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- Japanmanx3
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
- Alfebit

Noob Raid 10pm EST/7pm PST Saturday (10/14):

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
- Hunter8472
- ori0n378e
-

If you can help lead any of these and share your raid experience, please let me know! Hawkian can get everyone all the time, so this is for him as well, lol.

Also, if you want to be a newbie and learn the raid, post up and let me know and I will reserve a spot for you! Make sure you give me your PSN!

Here is a great video to watch as pre-work for the raid. It will help if you have a base knowledge of what is to come. Trust me, it is still surprising to play through it yourself at full speed, lol.

https://youtu.be/OzkxpLkEkfE

Just go Warlock.....

giphy.gif

Don't mind me..

No problem, you're getting an all-star Sherpa crew! What's your PSN?

PSN is: Hunter8472

Been reading alot into the raid and watching a video guide, and most of it seems not too hard to understand, but holy crap that houndbeast garden just blew my mind and had me confused.

It gets confusing down there, but once you spend a little time in the area it becomes easier. Also, all the dogs are on loop, so you can learn their patterns and it becomes easier. You only need a 36x stack to comfortably kill them, even 24x is most likely enough if you're high level.

Here's a great map!

I just don't understand why bungie didn't drop IB armor from end match boards, and why the engrams Saladin offers isn't 100% IB drops. 7 packages turned in, 0 armor pieces. It also means that if you start a game down a lot, its far more efficient to just join a new game since 2 tokens/loss is bad compared to 5 tokens/win and tokens are the ONLY way to get armor. Everything about IB is soul crushing and all the mistakes Bungie were ones that were in D1 IB but got fixed over time, so the whole thing is just baffling.

As soon as I get the 10 turns in package I am done with IB, and it looks likely I will finish with zero armor pieces received.

Working as intended.

How is the nightfall this week?

Easy peasy. Just kill all the adds.

---

Don't die to the drill. Kill first phase & third phases of the boss quickly. Ya done.

We killed 200-240 adds / run and finished with 5+ minutes on the clock every time. And that was pretty scrubby.

I love that the Nightfalls are all so different. The Anamoly weaks are all hustle and this week is the opposite. Slow roll, kill everything. Feels good.

Arnie

I can’t get the Enhance quest to show up.

I’ve finished the campaign. Finished ever quest on Earth including the blue patrols quest. No Enhance. Not sure what I need to do...

Really want the multi-tool.

So glad that could be solo'd. I kept dying, so I stayed back and killed adds, then got pulled through at the boss.

You can do the same thing with the Cabal drill that ticks up a %. Leave one guy at the top who is always shooting down. The other two guys can drop down and clear adds. If they die, it's nbd.

Guppeth

I can’t get the Enhance quest to show up.

I’ve finished the campaign. Finished ever quest on Earth including the blue patrols quest. No Enhance. Not sure what I need to do...

Really want the multi-tool.

Picked up your exotic engram from Zavala?

Hugstable

Banned
It gets confusing down there, but once you spend a little time in the area it becomes easier. Also, all the dogs are on loop, so you can learn their patterns and it becomes easier. You only need a 36x stack to comfortably kill them, even 24x is most likely enough if you're high level.

Here's a great map!

Sweet thanks for the map! Trying to get as studied up as I can before the newbie raids on the weekends so I don't go in conpletely clueless lol. Dog place feels like something I'm gonna hsve to go through myself before I really get it

Sweet thanks for the map! Trying to get as studied up as I can before the newbie raids on the weekends so I don't go in conpletely clueless lol. Dog place feels like something I'm gonna hsve to go through myself before I really get it

If you're being guided through in a newbie raid I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you're new you'll probably be on the bottom. Someone will guide your group through the bottom to get the spore damage stacks. Even if you're on top running prism, it's not a big deal.

The only time you need to be on point is once your group decides to start damaging dogs, so you'll need to run to your dog at their flower by yourself. So before the encounter, just spend a little time orienting yourself from the other flowers to your flower. And call out if you need help killing your dog. There's enough time for others to come over and help.

It's actually a very forgiving encounter.

ori0n378e

So, we would have three "Newbie" raids running this weekend to get more people the ability to experience them, but we need some help from the greater DGAF community. We need both Sherpa's to donate a few hours of time, as well as some newbs that want to learn the mechanics and how to communicate effectively to complete the raid!

Do we have 2 other Sherpas available in the DGAF community to lead the below newbs through the raid this Sunday?

Sunday Newb Raid:

Sherpas:
- Ruthless_Barbarian (need PSN/verification)
- ?

Newbs:
- Mazzbags
- Dark1421
- Hugstable
-

Noob Raid 9pm EST/6pm PST Friday (10/13):

Sherpas:
- Palaniri
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- Japanmanx3
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
-

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
- Hunter8472
-
-

If you can help lead any of these and share your raid experience, please let me know! Hawkian can get everyone all the time, so this is for him as well, lol.

Also, if you want to be a newbie and learn the raid, post up and let me know and I will reserve a spot for you! Make sure you give me your PSN!

Here is a great video to watch as pre-work for the raid. It will help if you have a base knowledge of what is to come. Trust me, it is still surprising to play through it yourself at full speed, lol.

I'm down for the Saturday Raid!!! As a newbie of course. My last raid, WOTM, was with Pandora, Weisga, and you... 😉

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If your an average player, solo
You can get 100 Tokens, everyday, roughly 5 Rank Packages

+63 are from the 3 Guardians of Daily IB Challenges, +15 from Daily Bundle after completing the 3 Challenges for +6

So the other 37, is roughly going At least 5-6 Wins with a few losses, which is roughly 1.5-2 hours worth of IB games

Only thing is the Won/Loss can tip it to like 7 Wins and 1 Loss or 1 win and 16 losses (yeesh)

So at least by end of week if you put in 2-3 hours daily and get challenges done on all 3 and collect wins or losses, that's 700 Tokens, which is roughly 35 Rank Packages
Then RNG comes in to play

At least can get hopefully 1-2 Guardians decked out in Full IB gear and all weapons

After that then it's just how much you want to grind, at least weekend their hopefully will be a huge influx to the IB pool with weekend warriors but also Trials ripping away the pubstomping teams going to go do their flawless runs and IB at least plateaus to others getting wins more easily

v1perz53

I think the most obvious indication of how they missed the mark with exotic weapons in Destiny 2 (especially for Crucible) is that on my Warlock, if I'm not using MIDA I don't even bother using an exotic weapon at all, the legendary options are just kinda better. Pretty sad, since I think exotics are really cool, but most of them just aren't worth the slot.

It'd help a bit if I could at least change the energy type of energy/power exotics via mods. I can pick whatever element I need with my legendary weapons, but my exotics are all locked, makes them much less adaptable when they weren't that strong to begin with.

Balphon

The dogs always start their patrol from the same spot so it's pretty easy to pick up on where they'll be after a few tries.

Guppeth

Shit, maybe not. Which one is Zavala and where are they located?

Baldy boss guy. Dead ahead when you spawn into the Tower, standing at the edge, gazing at the Traveller. After you finished the main story you should have had quests to speak to everyone, ending with him. At that point he gives you a magical prize and the post-story stuff unlocks.

zewone

I think the most obvious indication of how they missed the mark with exotic weapons in Destiny 2 (especially for Crucible) is that on my Warlock, if I'm not using MIDA I don't even bother using an exotic weapon at all, the legendary options are just kinda better. Pretty sad, since I think exotics are really cool, but most of them just aren't worth the slot.

It'd help a bit if I could at least change the energy type of energy/power exotics via mods. I can pick whatever element I need with my legendary weapons, but my exotics are all locked, makes them much less adaptable when they weren't that strong to begin with.

Exotic weapons haven't been very viable in PVP with Destiny 1 for a long time either.

The only exotic worth a slot probably were MIDA and TLW.

v1perz53

Exotic weapons haven't been very viable in PVP with Destiny 1 for a long time either.

The only exotic worth a slot probably were MIDA and TLW.

Depends what era we're talking about. Pre-TTK Suros Regime and Red Death were both very strong at points, and I post-TTK got a lot of mileage out of some of the heavy weapon exotics, such as Truth (damn rocket orbiting the earth and homing in on someone hah) and several of the heavy machine guns.

Oh what am I talking about, I didn't even mention the absolute king of all D1 crucible weapons, the god damn Thorn. Thing was so OP people used it in non-trials/IB crucible through most of year 2.

So yea, lots of viable exotic weapons in D1 PvP. There are plenty more that I'm not mentioning. And even more that may not have been broken, but were at least equal or better than legendaries. In D2 most of the exotic weapons are straight worse than legendary alternatives in PvP. Aside from MIDA and maybe Vigilance Wing I can't think of any exotic weapons worth using in D2 crucible.

I'm very new to destiny but can someone explain why last night there were loads of people doing the public events on the rig and tonight hardly any,probably a daft question but it seemed odd?

Depends what era we're talking about. Pre-TTK Suros Regime and Red Death were both very strong at points, and I post-TTK got a lot of mileage out of some of the heavy weapon exotics, such as Truth (damn rocket orbiting the earth and homing in on someone hah) and several of the heavy machine guns.

Oh what am I talking about, I didn't even mention the absolute king of all D1 crucible weapons, the god damn Thorn. Thing was so OP people used it in non-trials/IB crucible through most of year 2.

So yea, lots of viable exotic weapons in D1 PvP. There are plenty more that I'm not mentioning. And even more that may not have been broken, but were at least equal or better than legendaries. In D2 most of the exotic weapons are straight worse than legendary alternatives in PvP. Aside from MIDA and maybe Vigilance Wing I can't think of any exotic weapons worth using in D2 crucible.

Suros and Red Death weren't exceptional. They were just AR exotics that people used when ARs dominated early on (primarily because people hadn't figured out what was strongest yet; ARs are familiar). Everything else you mention only came into power as the balance passes changed the meta.

As for D2.. I'd say viable Exotics in Crucible are MIDA, Sunshot, Coldheart, Hard Light, Riskrunner, Skyburner's Oath, and Sweet Business. Vigilance Wing can work well in a pre-made too.

I've either done well with or witnessed others do well with all of these weapons in Crucible.

v1perz53

Vigilance Wings suck Trump balls in the crucible

It is one of the best team shooting weapons, not really useable otherwise. Though it is incredibly consistent, basically a 3 burst kill regardless of how many precision shots vs body shots you get. Has the exact same oTTK as MIDA but more forgiving (less precision shots needed), and a faster TTK than MIDA if you hit all body shots with both.

The main issue with it is that it doesn't have the other benefits MIDA does like flinch and radar, and has a lower optimal range. But it is very good to use if you aren't the one getting hit (and if you're just bored of the MIDA).

Navy Bean

I'm very new to destiny but can someone explain why last night there were loads of people doing the public events on the rig and tonight hardly any,probably a daft question but it seemed odd?

It's kinda random...just fast travel back to the spawn point and you will find an instance with other players...may take a time or two

Sunday Newb Raid:

Sherpas:
- Ruthless_Barbarian (need PSN/verification)
- ?

Newbs:
- Mazzbags
- Dark1421
- Hugstable
-

Noob Raid 9pm EST/6pm PST Friday (10/13):

Sherpas:
- Palaniri
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- Japanmanx3
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
-

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
- Hunter8472
- ori0n378e
-

It's really awesome that you guys are doing this. I'm definitely interested in doing one so I can learn the ropes of doing a raid. Unfortunately, I can't do any of these specific ones but I'll keep my eyes open for a guided run in the future!

Top Bottom