• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Cornbread78

Weekend Newb Raid Crews:

Friday night (10/13): *spot still open*
*9pm EST/6pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
-
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
- greyblade

Saturday (10/14):
Newb Raid 10pm EST/7pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
- Hunter8472
- ori0n378e
- Dineren

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I’m missing th Ego Talon class item to have a full set.

i decided that Ego Talon will be my Solar mod Armor set.
Exodus Black Nesus set as Void mod, and my full IO set as Arc mod.

I like your thinking. I was going Ego Talon for Dawnbreaker. High mobility - rain down fire from above!

High Minded Complex for Voidwalker. Good Resilience and Recovery (+ Devour) - Tank mode.

Simulator set for Stormcaller. Full Recovery - face down endless hordes with force lightning!

WipedOut

They really should just let you buy IB gear after a certain rank. I must have the worst luck, just getting weapons....

Agreed

I have only turned in tokens on my Hunter. 18 ranks ups. Still can't get the helmet to drop.

• Fusion x3
  • Chest x3
  • Hand Cannon x2
  • Grenande Launcher x2
  • Arms x2
  • Boots
  • Cloak
  • SMG
  • AR
  • Scout
  • Side Arm

Hugstable

Banned
Today's IB challeneges are really easy to complete, at least compared to the problems I was having yesterday with the kill an active super challenge

An Emblem.

That's really it? Aww, only 1 package away now, was hoping we'd get like a cool iron banner ship or sparrow or something

Deku Tree

I am 304 and all my exotic engrams from PE and Crucible have dropped at 299 PL. is it possible to get a 300PL exotic engram from PE and Crucible?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am 304 and all my exotic engrams from PE and Crucible have dropped at 299 PL. is it possible to get a 300PL exotic engram from PE and Crucible?
I think that it is actually guaranteed if you're at base 300. was this on your Warlock or Titan by any chance?
Only from Lumious Engrams from what I have seen.
You don't get exotic engrams from luminous engrams do you? I mean sometimes they will give you an exotic outright when you pick them up, at whatever level the luminous engram was at, but talking about just exotic engram drops

WipedOut

I think that it is actually guaranteed if you're at base 300. was this on your Warlock or Titan by any chance?

You don't get exotic engrams from luminous engrams do you? I mean sometimes they will give you an exotic outright when you pick them up, at whatever level the luminous engram was at, but talking about just exotic engram drops

Exotic Drops is what I mean. Luminous seems to be the only thing that will drop higher than your base power level if you're not 300

GazzaGSi

Thought I'd log in to do the banner dailies on my titan and hunter. Titan up first, 2 games with 2 wins all challenges complete. Shit hot. Logged in as hunter, 1 game, 1 win and 3 challenges complete. Easiest tokens ever, I'll put it down to still being within working hours in the UK lol
The Hunter game was probably one of my best, 20 kills, acouple of power plays, 5 or 6 captures and a kdr just under 7.

Arc
Mida
Uriels
Random launcher.

Deku Tree

Only from Lumious Engrams from what I have seen.

I am not sure what is a luminous engram.

Yes I was specifically talking about my Warlock who is 304 with base PL 299 without mods.

I only seem to get PL 299 exotic engrams from public events or crucible with no PL 300 exotic engrams from sources like that...

... I was wondering if it was possible to get a PL 300 exotic engram from those sources when I am base PL 299?

I am not asking about the weekly powerful engram sources. Thanks!

WipedOut

Yes I was specifically talking about my Warlock who is 304 with base PL 299 without mods.

I only seem to get PL 299 exotic engrams from public events or crucible with no PL 300 exotic engrams from sources like that...

... I was wondering if it was possible to get a PL 300 exotic engram from those sources when I am base PL 299?

I am not asking about the weekly powerful engram sources. Thanks!

Luminous Engrams are what you get from doing the milestones. It's the only guarantee in the game that gives you higher PL in the game. Raid Drops as well. PE's. End of event drops like strikes and crucible matches, Key Chests will give same base PL or lower. (Exotic Engrams)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

... I was wondering if it was possible to get a PL 300 exotic engram from those sources when I am base PL 299.

I am not asking about the weekly powerful engram sources.
luminous engrams are just the ones held by the vendors after you complete a milestone.
with exotic engrams at 299 I'm not sure, I think it is possible for them to actually decrypt to 300/305 but they always drop showing 299, at 300 they are always 300.

Ganhyun

Tried the raid for the first time last night with friends.

Couldnt get past the bathhouse. Because the thing that gives you the protection from the water would never spawn for me. We tested and it would spawn and others could get it but it would not show up for me. Ended up trying to reset the game and then couldnt get back in, so gave up. (I was able to play other online games just fine though)

Maybe next time.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Iron banner so far:

3 x Time-Worn Spire
1 x Fool's Remedy
3 x Day's Fury

Nothing else....

Oh I did get an exotic engram and got my 5th Sunshot. So that's good news.

Deku Tree

Luminous Engrams are what you get from doing the milestones. It's the only guarantee in the game that gives you higher PL in the game. Raid Drops as well. PE's. End of event drops like strikes and crucible matches, Key Chests will give same base PL or lower. (Exotic Engrams)

luminous engrams are just the ones held by the vendors after you complete a milestone.
with exotic engrams at 299 I'm not sure, I think it is possible for them to actually decrypt to 300/305 but they always drop showing 299, at 300 they are always 300.

Thanks!

Swords are way OP in PvP. You get too much ammo, it's a 1 hit kill and people just hide with it while crouched and corner camp. Meanwhile with a rocket launcher you get 1-2 shots and they have to be almost direct hits to get a kill. The sword can be really rough in maps where there are a lots of tight hallways. You are not going to win a 1 on 1 in that situation even if you are shooting them the whole time do to how much health everyone has. The only way you beat them is if it's out in the open or they get team shot.

Zereta

Prison of Elders info has hit the D2 database. Not definitive proof that it's making a return, but it seems sketchy.

Oh snap yes please. Love Prison of Elders.

Would be problematic I think if Prison of Elders comes in with Osiris (DLC1) and not on its own. Older content being put back into D2 should be free updates. DLC should push D2 forward in new ways.

Matt Frost

My Scuf controller just arrived! In time for the trials and the rest of the Iron Banner! So excited right now! Why do i have to walk my dog and eat... cant wait to try it

So here's something I found interesting given the recent negative comments about the game.

So apparently the Destiny 2 team was composed of ~1000 people.

Here's a picture of the WoW dev team, being about ~250 people. https://twitter.com/englishguy/status/918634191046283264

While I don't want to compare apples to oranges too much but it simply blows my mind that 1000 people can make such a shallow game (what did these people do? Art/assets? Systems?) compared to what we are seeing in WoW legion.

While there is obviously a difference between a FPS and an established MMORPG like WoW, but it seems like some things are comparable. Wonder if it's a case of mismanagement, engine issues (again), a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts on this.

More people doesn't mean better or faster product.

If I had to take a wild guess (and it's wild seeing as how I have no game design experience) team size is likely to facilitate the amount of things that need to be done. Based on things they've said before you've probably got several teams that are designing different content drops. So D2 Launch, DLC 1, DLC 2, and the Live Team (if that's separate). That's going to include content design, coding, art/assets, etc... then you've got support staff and internal testing as well.

Does that necessitate 1000 employees? I have no idea. I'm also not sure we're in a position to speculate whether it does or doesn't or even if the size of the team matters. Because the complaints aren't that things are broken. It's not that it's an incomplete product or lacking polish. The complaints are that some D2 players don't like the content. That's not a technical issue. That comes down to preferences and desires.

Edit: And it's deleted. Guess that's what happens when I step away mid-post. Ah well.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Prison of Elders info has hit the D2 database. Not definitive proof that it's making a return, but it seems sketchy.

Hopefully it is significantly reworked and has matchmaking. Bungie needs at least 1 end game activity that has matchmaking. I spend more time trying to find a group to do content than actually playing content. It's so annoying.

Still 1 slot open for Tonight and Sat night Newb Raids:

Friday night (10/13):
*9pm EST/6pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- Japanmanx3
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
-

Saturday (10/14):

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
- Hunter8472
- ori0n378e
- ???

Hey, sorry I never responded before, but if there is still room open I could go tonight. PSN is greyblade.

Anecdotally, I’ve probably gotten more unique drops than any other IB in D1. I’ve just been sticking to doing the daily challenges x3 and have redeemed 22 packages.

d4mXmtX_d.jpg

The dupes are very annoying but I’m more disappointed that the weapons aren’t better than what’s currently available. Remember when IB weapons were some of the best in the game?

JHall

PoE better be a free content update. Reddit is already at maximum salt capacity. Can you imagine if it came back in the first DLC people payed for?

v1perz53

I'm so disappointed I didn't swap my prediction for Xur! I was totally gonna go with Fighting Lion over Tractor Cannon hah. I was right about Wings of Sacred Dawn though.

My god though the Fighting Lion what a disappointing week for Xur...

Anecdotally, I’ve probably gotten more unique drops than any other IB in D1. I’ve just been sticking to doing the daily challenges x3 and have redeemed 22 packages.

The dupes are very annoying but I’m more disappointed that the weapons aren’t better than what’s currently available. Remember when IB weapons were some of the best in the game?

Hmm?

Lots of people are saying the Auto, Pulse, Sidearm, and Sub Machine Gun are quite good

I dont see why you would use any of these over a Uriel’s/Prosecutor, (lolpulse), Last Hope/Etana, or Antiope.

Because its fun and they are viable?

Why not learn something new instead of following the herd?

There are tons of great PVP players on youtube that are shattering the tier myths

Dineren

Banned
Still 1 slot open for Sat night Newb Raids:

Friday night (10/13):
*9pm EST/6pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- Japanmanx3
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
- greyblade

Saturday (10/14):

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- Wiesga01

Newbs:
- Badgerst
- Hunter8472
- ori0n378e
- ???

If there is still a slot for Saturday, I'd like to join please. PSN is Dineren.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

I remember when IB weapons were the only weapons you could re-roll. I think that was a great way to differentiate IB.

Because its fun and they are viable?

Why not learn something new instead of following the herd?

There are tons of great PVP players on youtube that are shattering the tier myths
But the IB weapons aren’t fun or interesting. I find those weapons I listed more fun to use.

If you’re basing gun reviews on YTers like nKuch keep in mind they can make any shitty gun look amazing.

the fusion is likely the best in the game, I don't have it yet but at least on paper.
I tried it and didn’t like it. Main Ingredient is still the best fusion IMHO.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I dont see why you would use any of these over a Uriel's/Prosecutor, (lolpulse), Last Hope/Etana, or Antiope.
I guess talking about pvp loadout possibilities, the AR is kinetic while both Uriel's and Prosecutor are energy so they aren't competing for the same slot anyway, nor would you want to run both at the same time; so on that loadout you could run with one of the energy sidearms, SMGs or a scout. It is more competing with Origin Story/Ghost Primus/Scathelocke, but it has the Tap the Trigger perk from Uriel's which I actually really enjoy. Lincoln Green, Vigilance Wing and The Time Worn Spire are all viable pulses in Crucible. The full-auto sidearms are totally different from the 3 burst ones and play a different role. The SMG is an energy and thus not competing with Antiope/Adjuticator for a slot, and again you most likely won't be running both, so it's more competing with Red Mamba/Black Adder/Out of Options and then your kinetic is open for whatever; it also has High-Caliber Rounds which none of the above do including Antiope.

And in PvE almost everything can be viable with some forethought, it's fun to have more options to play with and try new loadouts. Even the weapons I like most I don't like to stick to 100% of the time.
But the IB weapons aren't fun or interesting. I find those weapons I listed more fun to use.

If you're basing gun reviews on YTers like nKuch keep in mind they can make any shitty gun look amazing.

I tried it and didn't like it. Main Ingredient is still the best fusion IMHO.
that's fine, there is plenty of room for personal preference.

Top Bottom