• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

border

I think I deleted the IB Pulse Rifle -- was it really good or something? I seem to recall a post praising it effusively, but I'm not sure if it was made by someone all that reliable.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey what gun types does everyone like so far? Been using mostly Auto Rifles, I liked Scout Rifles alot in 1, but haven't really used them much in 2

border

2 teammates together at a capture point is probably more useful than 1 person at a cap point and the other one lone-wolfing it. I usually prefer to wait until it's capped and then move on with a partner.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no friends of mine.

Shores of time and that one map gets me all confused. They look alike.

border

I killed a Warlock after he'd already gotten off his Nova Bomb and it still counted towards the "Kill Someone Who Is Using their Super" Challenge.

I thought it was going to be hell getting that one done, but I somehow managed it in my first two matches for both my characters.

Dalek

So Mercy rule just doesn’t exist anymore right? I was on a shit team that refused to try to capture any points and the game ended like 90-10. At what point would it mercy? I mean, come on.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I miss my sniping days.

yhtghujhjhkj.gif

Olengie

I lose my IB matches half the time cuz no one wants to capture points. Like. They're satisfied with the point we have and just want to play Clash.

It's more appalling when I'm the random and I get matched with a 3-man Fireteam who don't even want to play the objective.

JTran2003

I lose my IB matches half the time cuz no one wants to capture points. Like. They're satisfied with the point we have and just want to play Clash.

It's more appalling when I'm the random and I get matched with a 3-man Fireteam who don't even want to play the objective.

Just got put into a match with 40 seconds left and down by 30 with all zones lost. I don't understand what is even the point...

Dalek

My experience as well. There was one game I was in where we 4 randoms were paired against a 4 stack-and we somehow rallied and beat their asses. It felt great. But otherwise it’s torture.

Does Saladin ever drop 300 engrams? Is he like the planetary vendors where it’s random times?

My experience as well. There was one game I was in where we 4 randoms were paired against a 4 stack-and we somehow rallied and beat their asses. It felt great. But otherwise it’s torture.

Does Saladin ever drop 300 engrams? Is he like the planetary vendors where it’s random times?

yeah he doesl got me 300 auti rifle, and all my armor at 300.

Number45

Thanks for the run last night folks. Shame we didn't manage to get Calus down.

For my part I struggled initially with ammo on that fight (this is a change I don't like - power I can understand, but struggling for primary sucks) but I found that improved when I switched out to Origin Story (from Nameless Midnight). I still can't work out how I managed to struggle so much with damage numbers on Calus though - I was running a Coldheart at 304 (which by the end I was doing as much as possible to save my ammo for this phase) and aside from the fact that I left the plate a couple of times to res and wasted a little time getting an empowering rift down I was hitting the right areas basically all the time I was firing. :/

I do lack options in the heavy slot, which liimts my options when I'm ammo constrained. Oh well, I'll get used to it! I actually really like the mechanics heavy aspect of the raid but it's a real kick in the teeth to suck so much at the DPS phase when I was consistently top with my D1 group for KF and WotM. I miss my snipers! :'(

Havent loaded this game in 3 days and I'm tempted to just do D1 this weekend. I just dont feel motivated to do anything anymore after hitting 305 on one character.

v1perz53

Last minute guesses on how Xur will disappoint us this week. My predictions:

Titan: Lion Rampant
Warlock: Wings of Sacred Dawn
Hunter: Foetracer AGAIN (though this helm is actually amazing)
Weapon: Tractor Cannon

Though I will say tractor cannon is fun, though I can't say it is all that good.

Silav101

The first Newb raid kicks off tonight with Tommy-tea and Magic-Mike leading their team through Leviathan in a few hours, so I wanted to make sure the rest of the "Newb Raid" schedule was posted as well.

I would like to give a glowing review of Tommy-tea and Magic-Mike, who sherpa'd my dumb ass along with 3 newbs to Calus over the course of 5 hours. They told me not to, but too bad.

We managed to bring him down to < 50% or so, but alas it hit 2am CEST and we had to stop. All of my gratitude and respect for their patience and humour. They forged a blade (I was the dull end at the tip, alas) from the formless metal that were 4 nublets, and we sliced and diced, shot up when we should have shot down, discussed cups vs chalices vs mugs, missed a few dogs, got spotted by dogs, and punted some fucking psions (seriously, fuck these guys) out of soap bubbles.

A++, would get sherpa'd by, again.

A couple of choice quotes:

"Right, when Calus is -sigh- sucking us...we move forward...-"
"Tea bag in, hot water, stir that motherfucker, tea bag out, milk goes in."
"I drink Bacardi Breezers."
"- You're showing as offline.
- I'm hiding from my manager."

So, shout outs to Cornbread for posting, MrMikeh , Tommy-Tea, Guppeth, Number45 and GreenyMan for the fun and salt!

P.s.: Tommy, alas, my statistics were a bit incorrect. Irish are second in the world for tea consumption. You gotta up your game! :)

Guppeth

I would like to give a glowing review of Tommy-tea and Magic-Mike, who sherpa'd my dumb ass along with 3 newbs to Calus over the course of 5 hours. They told me not to, but too bad.

We managed to bring him down to < 50% or so, but alas it hit 2am CEST and we had to stop. All of my gratitude and respect for their patience and humour. They forged a blade (I was the dull end at the tip, alas) from the formless metal that were 4 nublets, and we sliced and diced, shot up when we should have shot down, discussed cups vs chalices vs mugs, missed a few dogs, got spotted by dogs, and punted some fucking psions (seriously, fuck these guys) out of soap bubbles.
I stuck 'down first!' on a post-it on my TV! It was especially embarrassing because I tried to double-check on two previous attempts but no one could hear me.

Dogs was actually my lowest point, but we won anyway.

Thanks for the run last night folks. Shame we didn't manage to get Calus down.

For my part I struggled initially with ammo on that fight (this is a change I don't like - power I can understand, but struggling for primary sucks) but I found that improved when I switched out to Origin Story (from Nameless Midnight). I still can't work out how I managed to struggle so much with damage numbers on Calus though - I was running a Coldheart at 304 (which by the end I was doing as much as possible to save my ammo for this phase) and aside from the fact that I left the plate a couple of times to res and wasted a little time getting an empowering rift down I was hitting the right areas basically all the time I was firing. :/

I do lack options in the heavy slot, which liimts my options when I'm ammo constrained. Oh well, I'll get used to it! I actually really like the mechanics heavy aspect of the raid but it's a real kick in the teeth to suck so much at the DPS phase when I was consistently top with my D1 group for KF and WotM. I miss my snipers! :'(
I was using Ghost Primus and Merciless on Calus and that seemed to work well, especially when I got to try skull-shooting. But yeah, I don't know why your Coldheart wasn't chewing his face off. You had an excellent raid overall though.

Top marks to Tommy and Mike for childminding us, and Greeny for staying up really really late.

Edit: wait, I'm counting up when I should be counting down. Greeny was the only person who didn't stay up late.

Silav101

I stuck 'down first!' on a post-it on my TV! It was especially embarrassing because I tried to double-check on two previous attempts but no one could hear me.

Dogs was actually my lowest point, but we won anyway.

Hahaha, I get that feeling :D Having your mike muted, not knowing it, and talking like a dip and wondering "wtf are these bastards ignoring me"

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i suppose i oughta get this nightfall done. i just need a lvl 300 chest piece so i can hit 305.

inverted spire is probably my favourite strike because i played it so much during the beta. unless anyone is willing to let me join with them i'll just try guided games.

I'm not sure how I feel with the new Nightfall setup. It's not bad having the timer, even if I find it disagreeable to be tacked on to something that doesn't seem to be designed with the timer in mind.

Still had a good time with Sense and BigJ. Surprisingly quick despite the occasional snags.

IB packages 4 and 5 today yielded the first armor pieces,helmet and gauntlet. Solo play makes it difficult, even with the Kill tracker Ghost, to farm rep, but I'll probably have to buckle down to finish the season goal.

AlexBasch

I swear to god, nobody understands control or whatever in Iron Banner, I can't seem to win a fucking match like ever, or at least lose by less than 40 points.

Fuck.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey what gun types does everyone like so far? Been using mostly Auto Rifles, I liked Scout Rifles alot in 1, but haven't really used them much in 2

Vigilance Wing (Pulse), Mob Justice (SMG) and Sins of the Past (GOAT Rocket Launcher) are my JAM!

Top Bottom