• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

Grayfox loves fighting my Katarina
full

Not much of a fighting when you switch her to Josie after losing.

All new characters are bitches. 5 bitches + 1 useless clown.

2 more in dlc coming.

Numb

Not much of a fighting when you switch her to Josie after losing.

All new characters are bitches. 5 bitches + 1 useless clown.

2 more in dlc coming.

It's how i keep people from downloading me
It took sasuke twice as long to beat her compared to you

GrayFoxPL

Kazumi is so good though =(

I have to outpoke her to beat her, I don't like that. Can't use bigger moves because her pokes stop anything. Difficult fight.

It's how i keep people from downloading me
It took sasuke twice as long to beat her compared to you

It's just annoying, you should outplay opponents not switch characters on one or 2 losses. You have more then enough skills to do it without going: "Oh no he might have figured me out I must switch characters!" This is not Evo.

It's like I prepared for Nuszka's Bryan that owned me over and over. I beat him in first match and he switched to random nonsense like Lucky Chloe and Eddy. "Wtf is this?" Honestly I stopped carrying about the matches after that. I thought: "Huh, maybe that's how everyone fights today?" I started pointlessly switching characters too and lost all focus and point of fighting at all.

I'm done with that, 1, max 2 characters per different opponent, no matter how bad I lose.

If someone wants me to play certain character versus theirs (not necessary main) on more matches I'm always down to that.

Numb

I have to outpoke her to beat her, I don't like that. Can't use bigger moves because her pokes stop anything. Difficult fight.

It's just annoying, you should outplay opponents not switch characters on one or 2 losses. You have more then enough skills to do it without going: "Oh no he might have figured me out I must switch characters!" This is not Evo.

It's like I prepared for Nuszka's Bryan that owned me over and over. I beat him in first match and he switched to random nonsense like Lucky Chloe and Eddy. "Wtf is this?" Honestly I stopped carrying about the matches after that. I thought: "Huh, maybe that's how everyone fights today?" I started pointlessly switching characters too and lost all focus and point of fighting at all.

I'm done with that, 1, max 2 characters per different opponent, no matter how bad I lose.

If someone wants me to play certain character versus theirs (not necessary main) on more matches I'm always down to that.
It's almost like you haven't been fighting my Mokujin for years 😮

joeblow

giphy.gif

I love the hitbox technology of this game.
Source

Granted, she has weird evasions at times, but that clip doesn't show any hitbox issues.

The series of mids at the beginning are linear. Xiaoyu dodged them because she drops into Art of Phoenix, which is a stance that ducks under highs (known) and sidesteps to her right (not so well known).

She then hops over a low kick, and to avoid the next two-hit string (low kick, high right hook) she does one of her two taunts which has early low crush properties, followed by a quick crouch.

Next, she evades the first hit of Bryan's string of two mids with her stance (again, AoP has a built-in SSR), but the second mid hit is actually AoP ducked when she tapped ~d. That's a special move from AoP called the Butterfly and it puts her extremely low to the ground.

Bryan does a high punch into mid kick after that. She dodges the first hit with a standard crouch, and the mid kick misses when she cancels her full crouch state with another special evasion command. By tapping 3+4 while holding D/B, it activates a built-in side step left that ends up in full crouch Rain Dance stance (back turned).

She then low crushes his Snake Edge power sweep with a Distraction Throw because it starts off with a leap towards her opponent. The throw misses him, so Bryan does a SSR followed by his power mid kick which she manually parries.

The last exchange is where she actually blocks for the first time. That's where she first stops the initial hit of an incoming 4-hit string (mid kick, two mid punches, ending with a mid or low finish), and then she interrupts the second attack by using the special punch parry properties of her laterally evasive Spinner move (3+4_d+3+4). If the opponent did not punch, she would have simply spun with an auto sidestep left or right. In this case it did grab a punch, which forced Bryan to recover in back turned with a big disadvantage.

The .gif ends there. See? All the defense maneuvers were legit with no hit box issues. :)

Onemic

Granted, she has weird evasions at times, but that clip doesn't show any hitbox issues.

The series of mids at the beginning are linear. Xiaoyu dodged them because she drops into Art of Phoenix, which is a stance that ducks under highs (known) and sidesteps to her right (not so well known).

She then hops over a low kick, and to avoid the next two-hit string (low kick, high right hook) she does one of her two taunts which has early low crush properties, followed by a quick crouch.

Next, she evades the first hit of Bryan's string of two mids with her stance (again, AoP has a built-in SSR), but the second mid hit is actually AoP ducked when she tapped ~d. That's a special move from AoP called the Butterfly and it puts her extremely low to the ground.

Bryan does a high punch into mid kick after that. She dodges the first hit with a standard crouch, and the mid kick misses when she cancels her full crouch state with another special evasion command. By tapping 3+4 while holding D/B, it first activates a built-in side step left that ends up in full crouch Rain Dance stance (back turned).

She then low crushes his Snake Edge power sweep with a Distraction Throw because it starts off with a leap towards the opponent. The throw misses, so Bryan does a SSR followed by his power mid kick which she manually parries.

The last exchange is where she actually blocks for the first time. So after stopping the first hit of an incoming 4-hit Bryan string (mid kick, two mid punches, ending with a mid or low finish), she interrupts it by using the special punch parry properties of her laterally evasive spin move (3+4). If the opponent did not punch, she simply spins with an auto sidestep left or right. In this case it grabs a punch, which forces the opponent to recover in back turned with a big disadvantage.

The .gif ends there. See? All the defense maneuvers were legit with no hit box issues. :)

I didnt take that post as trying to highlight hitbox issues

joeblow

Hmmm, you guys are likely right. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have looked that closely at the .gif if I didn't misread him. The stuff she is able to do is really interesting sometimes.

GrayFoxPL

Diggs-86 made new series of punishment videos for Jin vs new characters.

Time to watch vs Claudio.

Yesterday some good Claudio messed me up with those super slow twin piston launcher I kept blocking first hit and getting hit by the second because I thought that's it. First real Claudio I fought.

Nuszka

Sorry dude , didn't know you take it so seriously , but these days my bryan is just ploughing through people. I used other characters as i just didn't want to constantly destroy you :) i guarantee you if you owned me i would use my bryan to get back at you.
On that first fight you won and i wasn't even trying, it was a messy very close game and i didn't find it fun ;) When i swap characters its because i fell to comfortable and don't want to have the edge.

Btw i am going to Poland tomorrow and will be able to play from time to time, probably drunk, but i will use Bryan (and heichahi ??) against you no matter the shitty controller i will get my hands on. No bullshit characters , no fucking around.

Nuszka

To add, we all are still in the learning process and tbh playing with different and against odd characters is something that i really want to do, in a years time everyone will just stick to their mains i guess. But honestly i absolutely love playing against Squirrel - i learned so much about Leo and Kazumi, if it wasn't for him i would not know how to approach these characters. Now he swapped to Lili which I'm super happy about.
If my connection would hold up with Numb id be playing against his Katarina non stop, but still I'm approaching that fight much better then in the first week, thanks to him. Now @Numb i want you to be amazing with Raven and Bob as right now these are the characters that scare me tho most.

To add, we all are still in the learning process and tbh playing with different and against odd characters is something that i really want to do, in a years time everyone will just stick to their mains i guess. But honestly i absolutely love playing against Squirrel - i learned so much about Leo and Kazumi, if it wasn't for him i would not know how to approach these characters. Now he swapped to Lili which I'm super happy about.

<3

Myeah, personally i'm just slowly going through at least the new characters. Or the ones that i think are giving me the most trouble.

I feel like if i play each of them for a few days, it helps a lot with understanding the matchup.

So if you see me playing some weird character it's not because i'm dicking around, i'm just trying to learn.

sasuke_91

After playing Leo for a bit again and actually having fun doing so I think playing another more grounded (aka boring) character wouldn't be too bad, so I'm learning Shaheen again and it's already going a lot, lot better. Other than that I'm probably going to go through the other new guys' movelists a bit or just watch Manny's vids.

Numb

If my connection would hold up with Numb id be playing against his Katarina non stop, but still I'm approaching that fight much better then in the first week, thanks to him. Now @Numb i want you to be amazing with Raven and Bob as right now these are the characters that scare me tho most.
Those free wins i got with Katarina on y'all during week one will be a pleasant memory
My Bob is the same as in T6. And my Raven?
full
Mokujin is easy. 50% chance you get some ass character you're weaker with. :p

I once wanted to have an option to check a box list with Mokujin of the characters i wanted and remove the ones i didn't ;_;
#Dreams

GrayFoxPL

Sorry dude , didn't know you take it so seriously , but these days my bryan is just ploughing through people. I used other characters as i just didn't want to constantly destroy you :) i guarantee you if you owned me i would use my bryan to get back at you.
On that first fight you won and i wasn't even trying, it was a messy very close game and i didn't find it fun ;) When i swap characters its because i fell to comfortable and don't want to have the edge.

Btw i am going to Poland tomorrow and will be able to play from time to time, probably drunk, but i will use Bryan (and heichahi ??) against you no matter the shitty controller i will get my hands on. No bullshit characters , no fucking around.

qBKebHS.gif

Maybe you can pray for Shang Tsung as a guest character. =D

giphy.gif

I didn't even think to go there with the extra guest characters we'll be getting
Also time for Lord Edge Master to invade Tekken. Maybe this is why no Mokujin

MK3 Shang is the mang.

It's really shitty that they removed Mokujin entirely, bar few pics, I thought he'd be back for sure in home port. I mean even in move list demos the used that ugly nameless dummy from T4. Disgusting.

If it makes you feel any better I'd give away my Kuma so you could get Mokujin back.

obvDRcg.gif

This is normal. We all first noticed how much we sucked when we first played Online. After playing thousands of matches, we now suck less.

Ling is a complex character. You should take advantage on people's lack of knowledge though. If it only takes one match for them to see through your "tricks", you should change up the way you use her moves or just use different or more moves in general. I can assure you that nobody at Expert level will block her lows and throws. And she has a lot of those.
One thing that makes Ling so complex is that her stances expand her movement, giving her more tools with evasive properties.

You should record and upload some matches for us to watch them. I would show you mine, but I realized that I'm not that good of a Ling player after streaming ranked yesterday, so there's definitely better players who should show you their matches.

How do I record myself? I use FRAPS for Overwatch highlights, but that's like 2 GB for 10-15 seconds, lol.

giphy.gif

I love the hitbox technology of this game.
Source

This is how I want to play Ling one day.

Bryan does a high punch into mid kick after that. She dodges the first hit with a standard crouch, and the mid kick misses when she cancels her full crouch state with another special evasion command. By tapping 3+4 while holding D/B, it activates a built-in side step left that ends up in full crouch Rain Dance stance (back turned).

She then low crushes his Snake Edge power sweep with a Distraction Throw because it starts off with a leap towards her opponent. The throw misses him, so Bryan does a SSR followed by his power mid kick which she manually parries.

The last exchange is where she actually blocks for the first time. That's where she first stops the initial hit of an incoming 4-hit string (mid kick, two mid punches, ending with a mid or low finish), and then she interrupts the second attack by using the special punch parry properties of her laterally evasive Spinner move (3+4_d+3+4). If the opponent did not punch, she would have simply spun with an auto sidestep left or right. In this case it did grab a punch, which forced Bryan to recover in back turned with a big disadvantage.

<3

AAK

Smash.gg's top 32 bracket when you turn "Projected" on:

kipPNzH.png

fNdI3LB.png

They don't seem to think very highly of Japan, Knee, Jeongdding, or Kkokoma. They also have VERY lofty expectations on Pokchop & especially Alucard LOL.

GrayFoxPL

Who is Knee? Never heard of him.

I've heard of him. He's that hairy dude from Siberia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swear players are doing "day of someone". One day I played rows of Asukas, over and over. Today Eddy after Eddy (and Gigas). Hope tomorrow isn't Bob day.(Fuck Bob)

gaUlwdq.gif

Not that I'm really complaining, good time to learn.

Kaz, Jin, Paul, DJ, Steve are Fighters, so Hei and Lee from left dudes I play and I'm still waiting for a patch.

I played some dude with Echo Fox tag, Sharky or something. Dunno if real, he had insane wavedash but no breaks so got hit by everything. Connection wasn't that good either.

AllenShrz

Confirm it yourself. Go into practice mode. Turn on input display. Plug in your PS4 stick. Try to press 1+2 100 times in a row without missing. I have a ghetto video if you want to see it.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PnwdjPnFbMg

You can see clear as day I hit 1+2 everytime & yet on the last input you can see 2 came out then the 1+2 giving me a 2 input instead.

The new stick from Hori, the Hayabusa Pro does not have this issue, unlike my old Hori Real Arcade pro, the new stick is using a different pcb and the bug is not present.

I made the same test as before, my raspberry pi connecting to the cables of the buttons was issuing the commands to close the circuit , on cycles of 100 and pressing 1+2, another test 3+4 and another test closing the circuit with random 2 lines (1+2, 1+3, 4+2,...) there were no miss inputs.

The new stick from Hori, the Hayabusa Pro does not have this issue, unlike my old Hori Real Arcade pro, the new stick is using a different pcb and the bug is not present.

I made the same test as before, my raspberry pi connecting to the cables of the buttons was issuing the commands to close the circuit , on cycles of 100 and pressing 1+2, another test 3+4 and another test closing the circuit with random 2 lines (1+2, 1+3, 4+2,...) there were no miss inputs.

I'll have to get ahold of one & do my own testing sometime then. That would be fantastic if what you say is true.

Is it the V or the N version?

AllenShrz

N ver.

I did the test on PS4 mode with the ps4, didnt try on PC or PS4/PS3 mode. Maybe on the weekend I'll try other combinations of modes and platforms just in case.

It was the first thing I did since I got it last sat. I also changed the stick for my trusty JLF-TP-8YT-SK , the one built in was messing up with my electrics. Nothing against the stick, I just got used to the JLF.

N ver.

I did the test on PS4 mode with the ps4, didnt try on PC or PS4/PS3 mode. Maybe on the weekend I'll try other combinations of modes and platforms just in case.

It was the first thing I did since I got it last sat. I also changed the stick for my trusty JLF-TP-8YT-SK , the one built in was messing up with my electrics. Nothing against the stick, I just got used to the JLF.

Ok Thanks. Do as much testing as you can. It never hurts to have more sample size. If we can create a list of sticks or controllers that don't have this issue we could do the community a big favor.

Btw pleasr PM the details on your testing method. If possible I'd like to do the same tests & I have a community with a wealth of sticks to test.

GrayFoxPL

Thought I was gonna die from pain yesterday. From 8 in the morning till 22 whole abdomen hurt like hell non stop. Fucking insanity. This close to going to hospital. Ate tons of drugs and few painful shots, didn't help(or did?). May be a whole liver thing or intestines. Don't eat anything, too afraid to, feel sick, but at least the pain is mostly gone. Must survive on water couple of days.

Must check if that patch includes my controller fix but I'm in no condition to play.

Sayah

Thought I was gonna die from pain yesterday. From 8 in the morning till 22 whole abdomen hurt like hell non stop. Fucking insanity. This close to going to hospital. Ate tons of drugs and few painful shots, didn't help(or did?). May be a whole liver thing or intestines. Don't eat anything, too afraid to, feel sick, but at least the pain is mostly gone. Must survive on water couple of days.

Must check if that patch includes my controller fix but I'm in no condition to play.

Saddened by reading this. :(

I hope things get much better for you.

Rajang

Damn I'm sorry to hear that bro. :(

Maybe it's a gallbladder issue? I wouldn't wait it out, could be something serious.

Hope you get better soon.

GrayFoxPL

Saddened by reading this. :(

I hope things get much better for you.

Thanks.

Damn I'm sorry to hear that bro. :(

Maybe it's a gallbladder issue? I wouldn't wait it out, could be something serious.

Hope you get better soon.

Gallblader is different pain, very specific sharp pain under last right rib. This was more like someone was ripping all my guts.

I'm ok for now, tomorrow I should be playing T7. This new patch sounds good for online.

Doomshine

Glad to hear it's getting better(?) GrayFox.

Anyone have a link to the tweets to Michael Murray about the controller issues? Might be a good idea to ask him again or remind him.

sasuke_91

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing better. Stay strong!

GrayFoxPL

Glad to hear it's getting better(?) GrayFox.

Anyone have a link to the tweets to Michael Murray about the controller issues? Might be a good idea to ask him again or remind him.

Thanks, I am. Screwed around with Kuma a little. Bear is strong, though dead if knocked down, everything hits him, lol.

Here's the link to my original tweet:

https://twitter.com/GrayFoxPL/status/871082867698393088

Dunno if there's any hope for this. I'm too afraid to ask M.Murray over and over. Maybe "I look into it." is used here the same way as usually in Poland: to shove off bothersome people.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing better. Stay strong!

Thanks man! These strange attacks just happen.

And I like to thank all of You guys for support. Without you I'd be miserable and weak. Thanks!

Top Bottom