• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Sep 8) CG reveal trailer, pre-orders, gameplay debut May 18th

Amazing trailer

I remember people being so let down with the narrative of the first game, the story of Destiny is "Have fun, shoot stuff".

I think a more tongue in cheek approach to the storytelling and presentation will serve this game well. Like mentinoning in the trailer that all your gear at the Tower has been destroyed is a really fun way to leverage the fact that nothing from the first game is carrying over.

Da hell. The Destiny site even has a date for the gameplay reveal and people thought it would be included in this trailer?

I thought the trailer was funny. I enjoyed it. I did not play the first game as it was console-only, but I will definitely play this one.

Cool trailer! I don't know, I think I'm moving away from these kind of games. I really like a game with a strong story, or single player campaign, and I like co-op but I never seem to actually stick with these continuous service type games to get the specific benefits they provide over other styles of game, and end up lamenting the cons. It's a funny trailer though, and y'know, I could change my mind.

Plum

The most I've played of Destiny is the start of the demo and that didn't really make me excited to get the sequel now it's on PC. Felt a lot more like a CoD-style "There's a Soldier in All of Us" commercial than the first big trailer for a new game. I'll wait and see with the gameplay.

It looks like the only preorders for PC at the moment are physical edition. I guess they are saving the distribution platform til later? Steam? Blizzard (Battle.net)?

"Our shit got blown up" Is seriously the best in-universe explanation they can come up with for having to start from scratch?? I don't know why I was expecting something more than that considering it's Destiny but.. jeez.

Trailer did nothing for me. Right now their marketing plan seems to be "Be hyped for Destiny 2 because its Destiny 2!"

And while I did have fun with the first game, I really need to be sold on this next one.

Two Words

Larger image of the CE

81QvGxJ4J3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That messenger bag is too cringey to actually use.

GameStop has been murdering people by holding exclusives for the middle versions of games. I remember the Resident Evil 7 one was exclusive, just ended up buying it digital, will probably do the same here.

Tokubetsu

You can't deny that's the tone. Look at the poster, even.

The signal is clear: less weird fantasy sci fi stuff, more basic space marines for the average cod player to self identify. Don't expect any nebulous enemies like "the Darkness" or concepts like the Garden - this time the enemy is clearly labeled, has a face and a name.

Yup, there is a definite tone shift. Not a fan.

Ninjuit

Neo Member
Man, Destiny might be the most tonally confused franchise I've ever seen. We've gone from Noble Space Knights, to Game of Thrones Lite, to bro-five shoot and loot time. Going from the original ViDoc of Destiny 1 to this is jarring.

Zomba13

"Our shit got blown up" Is seriously the best in-universe explanation they can come up with for having to start from scratch??

I think it's better than "big bad did something to us so we start at level 1". Like, if they could do that why haven't they done that before? Why wait so long? Why not do it before we farmed all those strikes against the Cabal?

Vic_Viper

I thought the trailer was pretty funny lol. Kinda tired of these cgi trailers with no gameplay but at least one is coming soon.

Liked how they snuck in that line about loosing all your stuff.

Have they said anything about being able to play the same character/account on any platform? I'm getting the PS4 version for sure but it would be nice if I could pick up the PC version down the road and not have to start completely over.

Would be really nice if they could share servers with PC and PS4.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah that's because Amazon hasn't actually put the pre-order live yet.

GameStop has it up. No Target yet

Oh my fault then
Still weird the page felt like it went from pre-order to waiting list on my end, must be refreshing and got some page mishap

Walmart has it up and the price, too rich for my blood

Top Bottom