• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Sep 8) CG reveal trailer, pre-orders, gameplay debut May 18th

Juraash

Man, I really hated that trailer. But I had some good times with DestinyGAF and I enjoyed the game when a lot. So despite my first sentence...I can't help but be excited for this. Might even preorder to try the beta at least.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
There were some Awoken in the group Zavala was talking to though they were easy to miss.

You can't deny that's the tone. Look at the poster, even.

The signal is clear: less weird fantasy sci fi stuff, more basic space marines for the average cod player to self identify. Don't expect any nebulous enemies like "the Darkness" or concepts like the Garden - this time the enemy is clearly labeled, has a face and a name.

Man, the tone of that was all over the place. I know it's intentional but I really didn't think it worked.

Still looking forward to the actual game play reveal.

No awoken other than Zavala.

Clearly the focus groups targeted the awoken as too weird for the average cod player. Notice the characters who represented the players were human and some exo's in the shadowy background.

Total brosification of Destiny =/

Daddy Kotick needs a new Call of Duty.

Lore-wise Awoken Guardians are rare as most of them stayed in the Reef.

Ploid 3.0

I got major Wrench vibes from the robot speaker guy (Watch Dogs 2 digital mask guy). It would be hard not to see if he plays a major role in the game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Exciting trailer.

Interested to see what the towns or camps are for this game assuming the regular towns like the Tower are not in our control.

Maybe the Iron Lord's camp will still be there?

In for the game. Not totally sure on the beta if my progress won't carry to the full version. Will continue on with PS4, but happy PC fans got their wish!

R0ckman

Did they always plan to make Cayde like this or did they take that one obscure line where he whispers and pleads "take me with you..." in the vanilla and ran with it?

MaKTaiL

Huge fan of Destiny here: I won't pick Destiny 2 at all. The franchise is basically dead for me now. Had fun while it lasted these past 3 years. Good luck for anyone staying. I hope you guys don't need to spend over $250 for the full experience like I had to.

Good. I like it. Destiny vanilla was tryhard grimdark, and it failed story wise. I don't want more Tryion half-a-bottle-in monotoning at me.

This should try to hit Star Wars. Equal parts serious and quipy.

Also Deadpool didn't invent this type of character, come on now.

Gorillaz

Interesting they doubled down on Cayde (forgot how hisname is spelled) since the Taken King update. They pretty much pushed his character to the front.

hydruxo

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45795/7_Destiny-2-Revealed

Thus begins the conversation about our next adventure together. There will be so much more to say before we reunite the Guardians to reclaim their city from the most dreaded threat it has ever faced. Fortunately, we’ll have all summer long to dive into the details.

This is a new beginning for every player. We know you have questions about the worlds you’ll explore, the enemies you’ll fight, the powers you’ll master, and (as Cayde promised) the loot you’ll earn. All will be answered in the weeks and months to come. It should be a hell of a ride.

At this moment, our focus is the story we’re telling in Destiny 2. Up next, we’ll take a look at the gameplay. Your first opportunity to see Guardians in action will happen on May 18. We hope to have you all in the audience for the gameplay reveal livestream.

This summer will be your chance to get your hands on a controller. You’ll be invited to help us prepare for the launch of Destiny 2 by joining an open Beta. Players who pre-order will be the first to jump into action, but we’ll be calling on all Guardians to give their feedback.

There will be so many other stops to make on the road to September 8. The journey that leads to Destiny 2 will circle the globe and span the solar system. We’ve only fired the first shot.

Drewboy64

Feels like the game is trying to find its tone and not having any luck. I'm glad it seems to hint at more of a story emphasis... At least I think, but we'll have to wait and see. Not feeling too optimistic, but whatever

Also, the loot line. Ugh. I mean, loot is great, but I want to play this game for its story and characters, not just some loot grind.

Acidote

PS4 timed exclusive content. Feels good choosing the correct side this gen.

Cross play would be so nice, I could play with the usual suspects instead of having to find a new crew on PC where I'm going to play. You can't miss the chance to ditch Playstation Plus. A pity.

I really liked the teaser yesterday but this one missed the mark for me. The humor felt forced and also just got boring once you realized what they were doing. Was hoping for some actual gameplay footage too

MADGAME

I understand what they are trying to do with the Cayde character, but my sense of humor is seriously disconnected from Bungie's. I winced during that trailer.

Tagyhag

Huge fan of Destiny here: I won't pick Destiny 2 at all. The franchise is basically dead for me now. Had fun while it lasted these past 3 years. Good luck for anyone staying. I hope you guys don't need to spend over $250 for the full experience like I had to.

It's an MMO, if you want the full experiences day one you're pretty much guaranteed to spend more than $60.

pablito

Fuck.

I want PC version but all my brothers and a friend will be playing PS4.

I can't expect at all to be able to access the same character from each platform even if I double dip can I?

I was addicted to Destiny for a while and played it to death, but I managed to break away from it and I realized how much time I wasted playing it. This time I won't even bother without a proper single player mode and less farming for bullshit. Their lottery method of awarding loot was such bullshit. Some of my friends couldn't get some of the awesome weapons that people really liked even after completing the raid multiple times.

Nodnol

Fun enough trailer but a bit anti-climatic.

I'd rather see ten minutes with Bungie talking about the game, what they learned from the first one, what we can expect etc.

So I guess there isn't a mid tier version? $60 vs $250 is kind of silly. I'd buy a Special version for $100 if it came with the season pass, like the first Destiny did.

Zomba13

Did they always plan to make Cayde like this or did they take that one obscure line where he whispers and pleads "take me with you..." in the vanilla and ran with it?

They got Nathan Fillion to voice the guy, they 100% had this attitude in mind from that moment.

It's just in base Destiny none of the characters had... character.

Raven117

Gold Member
They've shifted from having a sci-fi fantasy mystical feel to a much more generic, quirky action sci-fi feel. I don't have really as much hype for this.

I mean...not really. Yeah, the tone is a little that way using Cayde, but just the last DLC had a more "Space Knight" feel.

cLOUDo

"THERE WILL BE A TON OF LOOT!"

I_wanna_see_the_receipts.gif

good trailer
no love for the warlocks, lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
I hate it so much when they announce all the shit that comes with the game and tries to convince you to pre-order without showing you a second of gameplay at the announcement.

Top Bottom