• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Sep 8) CG reveal trailer, pre-orders, gameplay debut May 18th

This trailer is a little insulting. They basically throw away everyone's progress and loot with a contrived thing about everything being destroyed, and then at the end promise a lot more loot. What about all the loot we already got? Why should we be excited to get it all again if you can just as easily trivialize or destroy it all when Destiny 3 comes out?

Aww look at Bungie trying to be funny. ;)

It wasn't horrible, but to me it's clear from these trailers they don't want us to take Destiny seriously. Everything is destroyed, tons of people died, and humanity's last city is in ruins! Hooray let's make campy sitcom jokes!

Rocketz

Wake me back up when we get game play.

Edit:
"At this moment, our focus is the story we're telling in Destiny 2. Up next, we'll take a look at the gameplay. Your first opportunity to see Guardians in action will happen on May 18.

That day.

cripterion

Destiny 2 – “Rally the Troops” Worldwide Reveal Trailer

Xp2nE6y.png

X03AG.gif

Didn't care for the trailer though.

rataven

Disappointed Ikora never gets as much screen time as Cayde and Zevala. She's just too classy.

Also bummed to not see more female guardians in the trailer.

But I'm still hyped.

Theorry

"At this moment, our focus is the story we’re telling in Destiny 2. Up next, we’ll take a look at the gameplay. Your first opportunity to see Guardians in action will happen on May 18. We hope to have you all in the audience for the gameplay reveal livestream.

This summer will be your chance to get your hands on a controller. You’ll be invited to help us prepare for the launch of Destiny 2 by joining an open Beta. Players who pre-order will be the first to jump into action, but we’ll be calling on all Guardians to give their feedback.

There will be so many other stops to make on the road to September 8. The journey that leads to Destiny 2 will circle the globe and span the solar system. We’ve only fired the first shot."

Gator86

Lol at people complaining the game has to much humor now.

Basically. At least the game has a personality now as opposed to whatever the hell years 1-3 were.

Already pre-ordered on Amazon...to be cancelled the minute I get that beta code.

Capella

No awoken other than Zavala.

Clearly the focus groups targeted the awoken as too weird for the average cod player. Notice the characters who represented the players were human and some exo's in the shadowy background.

Total brosification of Destiny =/

Daddy Kotick needs a new Call of Duty.
There were some Awoken in the group Zavala was talking to though they were easy to miss.

AngryMoth

As someone who was turned off by pretty much everything I saw / heard about the first game, this trailer got me intrigued. Good job!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PC version means I'm definitely playing. Kind of worried about how addictive this game will probably end up being.

CG trailer, split tones, and "humor" had me rolling my eyes. Really lackluster "reveal" imo.

Also that bag that comes with the collectors edition... yikes.

The writing for Cayde, as well as Nathan Fillion's performance, is really on point. Here's hoping it's representative of the whole game.

Great writing. The synopsis posted at Kotaku mentions Gary has stripped Guardians of their power, which must be how they let us keep a character design but then level up into the new classes/systems.

This comment had an expiration date of a few years ago.

I hate my guardians appearance please can we change it? while carrying over whatever.

Lingitiz

Aww look at Bungie trying to be funny. ;)

It wasn't horrible, but to me it's clear from these trailers they don't want us to take Destiny seriously. Everything is destroyed, tons of people died, and humanity's last city is in ruins! Hooray let's make campy sitcom jokes!

I think that's fine. Destiny was way too heavy handed with it's tone and up it's own ass. It's supposed to be a fun coop shooter. They should have fun with it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol that was great. What about the Warlock commander? What was her name again?

I like the reason they gave for taking away the loot and armor. Good stuff. Let's start fresh. Everything new. Weapons, guns, armor. Let's do this.

Ryde3

The only real info seemed to be the big bad guy's name? September 8th release date is nice, but expected.

Was hoping for some gameplay, I'm disappointed.

They simply don't know how to make reveal trailers. Underwhelming as hell. smh Call Epic or something Bungie, cuz that was not good.

Sawneeks

Banned
Yo I saw some weird Cabal mutant dogs in there.

And Gary looks cool.

Unless they somehow radically changed gameplay to make it worse I'm in.

Top Bottom